What is the express image of God?

keypurr

Your bluffs isn't working. Think! Take for example Jesus’ words in John 10:30, “I and the Father are one.” When first encountered, this might not seem to be a claim to be God. However, when we look at the Jews’ reaction to His statement, “For a good work we stone thee not; replied the Jews, but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.” (John 10:33). Now we see an actual claim. The Jews understood Jesus’ statement to be a claim to be God. In the following verses, Jesus never corrects the Jews by saying, “I did not claim to be God.” That indicates Jesus was truly saying He was God by declaring, “I and the Father are one” (John 10:30).

The Jews would not understand his words as you do not either. What good would it do if he told them more? Are you one with the Lord Puppet? You go to great lengths to prove something that does not exist. Did he not say "........that they be one as we are one"

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
The Jews would not understand his words as you do not either. What good would it do if he told them more? Are you one with the Lord Puppet? You go to great lengths to prove something that does not exist. Did he not say "........that they be one as we are one"

You didn't understand agian. Note how Jesus always cast out demons, cured the sick, and did miracles in His own name.* Also, on several occasions Jesus deliberately said; "I AM".* This would never have been taken lightly by any Jew of Jesus' time.

keypurr

You didn't understand agian. Note how Jesus always cast out demons, cured the sick, and did miracles in His own name.* Also, on several occasions Jesus deliberately said; "I AM".* This would never have been taken lightly by any Jew of Jesus' time.

I understand that but I do not think the Jews did. Either way, it does not prove that Christ is God. Jesus did admit that he was the Christ, not God. The previous existence of Christ again does not prove he is God. It only proves that he was with God at the creation. Christ was given powers that you and I would never be able to understand Puppet. He was given the fullness of his creator. But he has a God that sent him to us.

RevTestament

Are you saying God the Father looks like Jesus, does that lower him to be a man? Do you think God is a man?
Think Puppet, learn.

God is a spirit.

His express image must also be a spirit.
This means the son at the creation was a spirit.
This means that Jesus was not at the creation.

That might help you understand what I have been trying to show folks. Christ, God's Spirit son, joined Jesus the flesh son and spoke through him. Christ, the spirit, is the true son that was sent from heaven to bring us light.

You should think about things before you post or I might get the idea that you think I do not love my Lord.

I see a lot of "must" be's and "means" with not a lot of scripture. If Heavenly Father is only Spirit, how can Christ be in the express image of His person? If He is called the Father of spirits, that makes us spirits too. Yet, when we look around we see bodies.
In your OP you cite some scriptures:

Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
Heb 1:4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
He purged our sins comes right after being the express image of the Father. Could that be talking about on the cross as well? Where He glorified the Father's name?

Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
How come He says no one can see Him and live? Is He worried that someone will see Him if He is invisible? How come Moses was allowed to see His back parts?
Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
Col 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
Col 1:19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

Php 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
Php 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
In John 5:37 Jesus also talks about the shape of the Father. That gives more meaning to the word "form."

Who or What is this EXPRESS image of God?

1. God is a spirit, so his image would be a spirit.
Or if God has a physical form for His spirit, you are barking up the wrong tree. Are we not created in his image? If that image is spirit then we are of the same spirit. If that image is visible then we are of a similar appearance, but you ignore the word image here where it doesn't suit your ideas.
2. This is God's firstborn of every creature, a creation.
3. This spirit has deity for it has the fullness of the father.
4. This spirit was with God before the creation, creation was done through this spirit.
5. This spirit is a form of God
Not a "whole lot" of scriptures there....

What do YOU think it is?
I think Jesus showed us the spirit and will of the Father up on the tree.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
If Spirit is formless, how does it divide and go from point A to point B where there is no space for point A to travel to point B. antitrinitarians are understanding God in their own man's way . if God created another timeless formless Spirit, how did it become two when there's no divisions in a different dimension. How does one Spirit become two and still be a different Spirit. Trinity believers believe all this is one in one dimension. antitrinitarians made errors trying to explain Spirit dimension in man's dimension. They really do put God in box and claim they caught Jesus.

keypurr

I see a lot of "must" be's and "means" with not a lot of scripture. If Heavenly Father is only Spirit, how can Christ be in the express image of His person? If He is called the Father of spirits, that makes us spirits too. Yet, when we look around we see bodies.

In your OP you cite some scriptures:

He purged our sins comes right after being the express image of the Father. Could that be talking about on the cross as well? Where He glorified the Father's name?

How come He says no one can see Him and live? Is He worried that someone will see Him if He is invisible? How come Moses was allowed to see His back parts?

In John 5:37 Jesus also talks about the shape of the Father. That gives more meaning to the word "form."

Or if God has a physical form for His spirit, you are barking up the wrong tree. Are we not created in his image? If that image is spirit then we are of the same spirit. If that image is visible then we are of a similar appearance, but you ignore the word image here where it doesn't suit your ideas.

Not a "whole lot" of scriptures there....

I think Jesus showed us the spirit and will of the Father up on the tree.

What I have trying to show for over three years is if God is a spirit his express image is also a spirit not a man. This express image is them true son that came down from heaven and lived in Jesus. This express image is a creature that the Father was pleased that it contained his fullness. This creature is a form of God, but not the most high. This creature is the highest of all creation, the firstborn. God created all things through this creature.

There is only one true GOD, just as our Lord says in John 17:3. Only the Father is not created.

This spirit became flesh in the body prepared for him. This spirit is the word in John 1. This spirit was with God before the worlds were formed. But Jesus was born in Bethlehem. Jesus was born as a human. Jesus became the Christ when he was anointed with Christ. If was after God joined his spiritual son with his flesh son that he declared that this was his son. It was then Jesus went into the wilderness to adjust to the power he just received. It was then he was tempted and started to teach about his Father who sent him from heaven.

Open your eyes folks, god sent his son to bring the light of his love to all to see.
There is only one God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What I have trying to show for over three years is if God is a spirit his express image is also a spirit not a man. This express image is them true son that came down from heaven and lived in Jesus. This express image is a creature that the Father was pleased that it contained his fullness. This creature is a form of God, but not the most high. This creature is the highest of all creation, the firstborn. God created all things through this creature.

There is only one true GOD, just as our Lord says in John 17:3. Only the Father is not created.

This spirit became flesh in the body prepared for him. This spirit is the word in John 1. This spirit was with God before the worlds were formed. But Jesus was born in Bethlehem. Jesus was born as a human. Jesus became the Christ when he was anointed with Christ. If was after God joined his spiritual son with his flesh son that he declared that this was his son. It was then Jesus went into the wilderness to adjust to the power he just received. It was then he was tempted and started to teach about his Father who sent him from heaven.

Open your eyes folks, god sent his son to bring the light of his love to all to see.
There is only one God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Learn to interpret properly.

keypurr

If Spirit is formless, how does it divide and go from point A to point B where there is no space for point A to travel to point B. antitrinitarians are understanding God in their own man's way . if God created another timeless formless Spirit, how did it become two when there's no divisions in a different dimension. How does one Spirit become two and still be a different Spirit. Trinity believers believe all this is one in one dimension. antitrinitarians made errors trying to explain Spirit dimension in man's dimension. They really do put God in box and claim they caught Jesus.

Your trinity is a mystery for no one can explain it. It is false because it breaks the commandments of God by creating another God. Yet folks refuse to heed his words. He taught us to pray to his Father, that should tell you something.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Your trinity is a mystery for no one can explain it. It is false because it breaks the commandments of God by creating another God. Yet folks refuse to heed his words. He taught us to pray to his Father, that should tell you something.

God is a plurality.

Genesis 1:26 Modern English Version (MEV)

26 Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness, and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the air, and over the livestock, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

keypurr

God is a plurality.

Genesis 1:26 Modern English Version (MEV)

26 Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness, and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the air, and over the livestock, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

God is One.

In what way is man the image of God?

Man can think and reason, what else? That is what got him in trouble.

Man is NOT the express image of God. Huge gap there BR.
Only Christ is the express image of God.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You have had three years to disprove my thoughts BR.
It is not me that can not see clearly what the words are saying.
Folks who live in glass houses should not throw stones. My friend.

How many times have you been shown and totally ignored the truth. Three years worth! Someday you will have wished you had listened to simple truth instead of manufacturing this theory. God is one in three persons. That does not mean that there is more than one God. It is biblical and has been shown to you on numerous occasions.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
For serious Christians: John 1:1 says that “the Word was God.” John 1:14 says that “And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us” This clearly indicates that Jesus is God in the flesh. Acts 20:28 tells us, "...Be shepherds of the church of God, which He bought with His own blood." Who bought the church with His own blood? Jesus Christ. Acts 20:28 declares that God purchased the church with His own blood. Therefore, Jesus is God!

keypurr

What is the express image of God?

How many times have you been shown and totally ignored the truth. Three years worth! Someday you will have wished you had listened to simple truth instead of manufacturing this theory. God is one in three persons. That does not mean that there is more than one God. It is biblical and has been shown to you on numerous occasions.

I have not been shown BR. No one has given me reason enough to see a trinity God. Your simple truth is false my friend. It comes from early fathers who believed anything they were told. It come from a corrupted church that got its power from the State until it took over the State. To find truth you will need to discard your traditions and sincerely go deep onto his words. The Bible is what I believe in, not error ridden customs from the church. The strength of my faith did not come from the churches that I attended, it comes from prayerful study of God's words.

BR, if you are comfortable with your thoughts then you should stick with them. When I was a churchgoer, I never felt the presents of God there. The stories and sermons did nothing for me because they were shallow of reason. I became an agnostic. It was then that I started to see what was missing, I required much more than the average person to build a faith in God. Now I have a faith to believe deeply in, I have a God who loves me. I have a Lord who died for me. I never got that in church friend. I have very strong reasons to believe in my God and my Lord.

I do so wish that folks could feel the way I do about my God. The rebuttal verses that were given to me just will not do as I disagree with the standard interpretations of them. We will have to agree to disagree friend. Your heart is in the right place and that is what Christ will look at.

Blessing friend

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have not been shown BR. No one has given me reason enough to see a trinity God. Your simple truth is false my friend. It comes from early fathers who believed anything they were told. It come from a corrupted church that got its power from the State until it took over the State. To find truth you will need to discard your traditions and sincerely go deep onto his words. The Bible is what I believe in, not error ridden customs from the church. The strength of my faith did not come from the churches that I attended, it comes from prayerful study of God's words.

BR, if you are comfortable with your thoughts then you should stick with them. When I was a churchgoer, I never felt the presents of God there. The stories and sermons did nothing for me because they were shallow of reason. I became an agnostic. It was then that I started to see what was missing, I required much more than the average person to build a faith in God. Now I have a faith to believe deeply in, I have a God who loves me. I have a Lord who died for me. I never got that in church friend. I have very strong reasons to believe in my God and my Lord.

I do so wish that folks could feel the way I do about my God. The rebuttal verses that were given to me just will not do as I disagree with the standard interpretations of them. We will have to agree to disagree friend. Your heart is in the right place and that is what Christ will look at.

Blessing friend

If you did not have what was given by the early Church Fathers, the teachings of the Apostles, you would have nothing.

As one who does go to church regularly, I continually challenge what comes from the pulpit but comparing it with scripture. I believe what is truth. The Word is truth.

Between us, we can agree to disagree but with Christ there is only one that is truth. Think about that friend.

keypurr

For serious Christians: John 1:1 says that “the Word was God.” John 1:14 says that “And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us” This clearly indicates that Jesus is God in the flesh. Acts 20:28 tells us, "...Be shepherds of the church of God, which He bought with His own blood." Who bought the church with His own blood? Jesus Christ. Acts 20:28 declares that God purchased the church with His own blood. Therefore, Jesus is God!

Sorry but your wrong.

God does not have blood.

Jesus Christ does for he is human.

The word is not Jesus, it was the spirit that was in him.

Listen to the words of Jesus in John 17:3 and stop following the thoughts of man. Christ is a form of God, not God. For Christ to become flesh it had to be something other than flesh. Think friend. God's Bible needs a deeper understanding than what you will find in a structured setting. You will need to go outside the church box Puppet or you will never have truth.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sorry but your wrong.

God does not have blood.

Jesus Christ does for he is human.

The word is not Jesus, it was the spirit that was in him.

Listen to the words of Jesus in John 17:3 and stop following the thoughts of man. Christ is a form of God, not God. For Christ to become flesh it had to be something other than flesh. Think friend. God's Bible needs a deeper understanding than what you will find in a structured setting. You will need to go outside the church box Puppet or you will never have truth.

Who is the us in Genesis 1:26

keypurr

Consider Jesus as the Savour for he made the sacrifice.

Christ the spirit that became flesh in Jesus and brought light to our world.

God the Father and creator of all.