ECT What is Preterism

Interplanner

Amazing how fluidly they flip from "Context!" to "Naw, that's figurative." On a dime, I tells ya. And how to determine which is which? Why, by whichever one supports preterism/opposes disp'ism, that's how. Literalism is a sucker's game...start with your conclusion, reason backwards, collecting prooftexts as you go, and you got it made, you Darby-hugging simian. It's what all the cool preterist kids do.

This doesn't sound like it was meant for this thread. the discussion was whether a couple verses are magical jargon slogans or not. They aren't. They refer to massive historical events of cosmic scope.

Right Divider

Body part
No, what I am trying to explain to you is that the same symbolism found in the OT to describe "the day of the Lord" is also used in the NT to describe "the day of the Lord".

In both the OT and NT, the phrase "the day of the Lord" describes judgment.
Either way your GROSSLY over generalize. Not all passages regarding the "day of the LORD" are symbolic.

Last edited:

Interplanner

Either way your GROSSLY over generalize. Not all passages regarding the "day of the LORD" are symbolic.

I think you mean not all the material in the passages are symbolic. No one is saying the 'day of the Lord' is a symbol of something else. There are lines that are ordinary and those that are rich in symbols.

iamaberean

Originally Posted by iamaberean View Post
The true interpretation of prophecy.

All prophecy, everything, has been fulfilled. To believe anything else is like saying the bible is not the word of God.

Another candidate for dumbest post of the year.

Originally Posted by iamaberean View Post
Can you give me the prophecy of the fig tree?

Can you ask an irrelevant and baiting question?

Just checking if you have any bible knowledge. I just hoped you would.

HisServant

Yeah, it would be best for you to reach out to those who have Knowledge and wisdom from above. You're doing right by reaching out to those folks. They'll help you to understand things that are Spiritual in nature.

You seem to be left lacking?

Spoken like someone that doesnt know their hind end from a hole in the ground....

Your knowledge of scripture is only surpassed by your knowledge of how to tie your shoes.