ECT What Is Dispensationalism; really?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
At its' most basic level, Dispensationalism is simply Distinctions in Identities or Things That Differ.

Er, no.

At it's most basic level, Dispensationalism is a false teaching invented by John Nelson Darby in 1830.

iamaberean

Better known by "Jesus Only" for those don't know. When I didn't know any better 50 years ago ans saw no harm in it, I let your people water baptize me.

Even though my grandparents were apostolic, my mother was not. I grew up knowing nothing about God. In Jan 1986 I asked God to save me and he led me to the church that my grandfather had been the pastor of in the 40's. Two months later I was baptized in Jesus name, received the Holy Ghost and spoke in tongues, as God spoke through me, just as they did in the first church. I am a witness that Jesus is real and that He lives within me. No one can tell me that I could have come to God any differently, for I know Him personally.

Jesus is God, my redeemer, and there is no other.

Isa 44:6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Cross Reference

Even though my grandparents were apostolic, my mother was not. I grew up knowing nothing about God. In Jan 1986 I asked God to save me and he led me to the church that my grandfather had been the pastor of in the 40's. Two months later I was baptized in Jesus name, received the Holy Ghost and spoke in tongues, as God spoke through me, just as they did in the first church. I am a witness that Jesus is real and that He lives within me. No one can tell me that I could have come to God any differently, for I know Him personally.

Jesus is God, my redeemer, and there is no other.

Isa 44:6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Spoken from "Heart of God the Father" by the "Word of Himself" before He emptied Himself to become the man Jesus.

I am happy for you unless you speak against, to make an issue for the correction of others who are not Jesus Only but know God to be, a "Three in One" entity.

"There is only one stamp of holiness, the holiness of Jesus, and it is His holiness that is gifted to me. God puts the holiness of His Son into me, and I belong to a new order spiritually." . . . . . Oswald Chambers

I believe that.

iamaberean

I am happy for you unless you speak against, to make an issue for the correction of others who are not Jesus Only but know God to be, a "Three in One" entity.

Father, Son and Holy Ghost are titles, not persons, of the one and only true God. When one is baptized in the titles, it is like saying that they do not believe that 'Jesus' is the name of the one and only God.

Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Name, not names or titles, of God.
Php 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
Php 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
Php 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
Php 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
Php 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
Php 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
Php 2:11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Joh 5:43 I am come in my Father's name

Joh 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name,

God said:
Jesus said:
Rev 22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

Cross Reference

Father, Son and Holy Ghost are titles, not persons, of the one and only true God. When one is baptized in the titles, it is like saying that they do not believe that 'Jesus' is the name of the one and only God.

Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Name, not names or titles, of God.
Php 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
Php 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
Php 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
Php 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
Php 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
Php 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
Php 2:11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Joh 5:43 I am come in my Father's name

Joh 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name,

God said:
Jesus said:
Rev 22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

Who is coming again in clouds of Glory?

iamaberean

Who is coming again in clouds of Glory?

Nobody, Jesus has already come back. This is when the dead were resurrected, in 70 AD. How do we know? Because Jesus told his disciples he would come back in their generation. The physical sign would start with the Roman army surrounding Jerusalem, and then the destruction of Jerusalem and the temple.

SaulToPaul 2

Nobody, Jesus has already come back. This is when the dead were resurrected, in 70 AD. How do we know? Because Jesus told his disciples he would come back in their generation. The physical sign would start with the Roman army surrounding Jerusalem, and then the destruction of Jerusalem and the temple.

They asked him 3 different questions during the Olivet Discourse.
He gave one long answer. Study.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
They asked him 3 different questions during the Olivet Discourse.
He gave one long answer. Study.

(Luke 21:7) “Teacher,” they asked, “when will these things happen? And what will be the sign that they are about to take place?”

In addition to Matthew 24, you also need to read Luke 21 and Mark 13.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Correct !!!!

Cross Reference

Mark 13:24-27 KJV Please show where your bias takes that passage into consideration given the time frame mentioned, that is?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus never told them that.

Yes He did.

Jesus told them that some of them would still be alive when He returned, and He told them that when they saw Jerusalem surrounded to flee to the hills.

(Luke 21:20-21) “When you see Jerusalem being surrounded by armies, you will know that its desolation is near. 21 Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, let those in the city get out, and let those in the country not enter the city.

Cross Reference

Yes He did.

Jesus told them that some of them would still be alive when He returned, and He told them that when they saw Jerusalem surrounded to flee to the hills.

(Luke 21:20-21) “When you see Jerusalem being surrounded by armies, you will know that its desolation is near. 21 Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, let those in the city get out, and let those in the country not enter the city.

Obviously, His remarks and declarations to them were spoken in the generic sense as in "you disciples". Proof? Those "immediate" disciples Jesus was speaking, all died.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Obviously, His remarks and declarations to them were spoken in the generic sense as in "you disciples".

Nope

Jesus said "This Generation".

There is no generic sense. The word "this" is a demonstrative adjective that modifies the noun "generation". Jesus was speaking specifically of the generation of His contemporaries.

Proof? Those "immediate" disciples Jesus was speaking, all died.

The Disciple John was still alive in 70AD when Jesus returned.

Jesus even gave us a clue that John would still be alive in 70AD when He returned.

(John 21:22) Jesus answered, “If I want him (John) to remain alive until I return, what is that to you?