ECT What Is Dispensationalism; really?

Interplanner

Here; let me spoonfeed you what I meant.

I was referring to the Marketing Demographic "Millennial."

Might as well refer to them as mindless; unless it is spoonfed to them, they are simply unable to extract the meaning of what's been said despite the obvious context it was said in.

:doh:

OK, curious play on 'a millenial' and 'amillenial'!

I don't see where you responded to the 2nd paragraph. You are so willingly misunderstanding about research resources, it is hilarious. Post #97. There is usually about 10% cross-agreement.

You've probably heard the line during creation--evolution debates that the facts are the same for each view but the assumptions limit or control what the person sees. That's what I'm saying about the historical background I've read. To show you that I'm not a parrot, their agreement is often as low as say 10%. It's that 10% that takes a lot of thinking to find and which must be preserved.

Danoh

OK, curious play on 'a millenial' and 'amillenial'!

I don't see where you responded to the 2nd paragraph. You are so willingly misunderstanding about research resources, it is hilarious. Post #97. There is usually about 10% cross-agreement.

You've probably heard the line during creation--evolution debates that the facts are the same for each view but the assumptions limit or control what the person sees. That's what I'm saying about the historical background I've read. To show you that I'm not a parrot, their agreement is often as low as say 10%. It's that 10% that takes a lot of thinking to find and which must be preserved.

Differences in assumptions going in do not have to pose a problem; its a matter of leaving them at the door on the way in. If they still hold on the way out; that is fine - hold on to them.

And then rexamine them again the next time; and the next; and...

When I posted that link to Darby's take on Daniel 9; you right away went in with your assumed 2P2P expectation, for example.

But I posted it because it was clear to me he was not inserting some supposed "church age parenthesis."

Rather; he was looking at a parenthesis prophesied by Daniel - between Messiah the Prince's 1st Advent and cutting off on one end; and Israel's destruction at some point after that; followed by an everlasting righteousness.

Right off you related; well, see, that's because he was 2P2P.

But Daniel appears to have been prophesying a gap in time between Matt. 24A and Matt. 24B.

It is the Apostle Paul who inserts what he was led to insert in between those two - a visit among Jew and Gentile, without distinction, in between that (in between Matt. 24A and Matt. 24B).

This visit is nowhere prophesied, and yet is in agreement with the interruption Daniel foresaw. At the same time, Daniel does not appear to have foreseen what would fill in that time, in the interim.

Cross Reference

Very simple to answer.
1, your use of 'flesh' is mistaken. There is nothing evil about the body, sex, food, history. 'Flesh' in the NT means the depraved nature of man, about which he is often in denial. Through that basis, 'flesh' can sometimes also mean 'lineage' or 'descendancy'. And of course, it means lust, which is the reckless use of a good desire. If this distinction is not kept, even marriage is evil.

2, In case #1 is too general for you, let's see a specific example in historical work in action. Luke 19:46. The term in NIV is 'robbers.' But there is a historical problem here. The Greek is 'leistes' and 'leistes' is never a simple robber. It is always a politically-motivated robber: an insurgent, an insurrectionist, a brigand. There are several other terms for the simple robber. So why did Luke choose this?

In Luke, especially, there is attention to what the zealots are doing in both his gospel and in Acts, and the introduction to each is for a person who represented Paul (an attorney) probably about this question of association with zealots. In Acts 21 he is misidentified as one. In Lk 19, Jesus had just said (vs41+ right before 'cleansing') that the temple would be demolished shortly because ideally the Jewish person who heard Christ was supposed to be a missionary for the Gospel. The opposite of that, of course, is a zealot who joins the rebellion (predicted in Dan 8:13, and mentioned again in 9) to 'liberate' Judea.

So now we see what Jesus is complaining about at the temple: it is raising money for insurrectionists! We then see something happen that is pretty shocking, yet approved by the crowd that worships at the temple: they want the release of a KNOWN terrorist over Christ! Now, in the text, immediately after this we find Jesus warning the generation AGAIN about what would happen. By the time the children are adults, they will be doing worse than what was just forced on him. The upshot: the place will be overrun by insurrectionists and self-destruct, which is what happened to Israel in the 6th decade, 40 years later.

Luke definitely wrote this to clarify that Paul was not part of the zealot insurrection movement. It was not the only purpose, but it was covered clearly.

It is unfortunate that people think the Bible has no historical value or just don't seem to know what historical value is.

Understand the Bible to know that "law of the flesh" has to do with the opposite of having the Mind of God in human situations and circumstance, ergo, it cannot please God. Question: Why not consider at least taking a crash course on the elementary teachings of God, the only true One, and Jesus Christ whom He has sent?? Yer the pits.

Interplanner

Differences in assumptions going in do not have to pose a problem; its a matter of leaving them at the door on the way in. If they still hold on the way out; that is fine - hold on to them.

And then rexamine them again the next time; and the next; and...

When I posted that link to Darby's take on Daniel 9; you right away went in with your assumed 2P2P expectation, for example.

But I posted it because it was clear to me he was not inserting some supposed "church age parenthesis."

Rather; he was looking at a parenthesis prophesied by Daniel - between Messiah the Prince's 1st Advent and cutting off on one end; and Israel's destruction at some point after that; followed by an everlasting righteousness.

Right off you related; well, see, that's because he was 2P2P.

But Daniel appears to have been prophesying a gap in time between Matt. 24A and Matt. 24B.

It is the Apostle Paul who inserts what he was led to insert in between those two - a visit among Jew and Gentile, without distinction, in between that (in between Matt. 24A and Matt. 24B).

This visit is nowhere prophesied, and yet is in agreement with the interruption Daniel foresaw. At the same time, Daniel does not appear to have foreseen what would fill in that time, in the interim.

He didn't articulate the parenthesis as such but he clearly imposed it on Daniel, and knew nothing of the origin of the phrases about desolation.

You wrote:

But it is not "some point after that" is it? (Daniel might have had a tricky time seeing it but not anyone during the 1st century, not even Caiaphas. Josephus--a trained priest--said the rebellious generation was at hand and that is how he was raised to understand Dan 8&9 and everyone around him.) How did he (Darby) become so unlearned about history? What would make a person overlook the clarity and urgency of so many warnings in Christ's words in the Gospels about the impending destruction?

Wow you're last paragraphs could not be more stuffed with assumption that flies against the normal meaning of the passages involved. No wonder you are where you are at. Let's just chop up all Dan 8 and 9 and see where the pieces land all over again, OK?

There is no "interruption Daniel foresaw." He saw the end of Israel, but he didn't see how the age of Messiah took over from there, which may explain why Paul did not either. Paul allows the least for the delayed 2nd coming between him and Mark, Matt and Peter.

I raised the question in another thread about the kind of trivializing that takes place if we say God is going into yet another round of 'restoration and destruction' vis a vis Israel. It trivializes both the Bible and the awful suffering of Jews as ethnos that have happened. TWO TIMES IS ENOUGH, thank you. I don't see anywhere in the NT that opens on to a continuing cycle of it. This is supported by Hebrews as well; the wandering generation was the 'picture' of the current one, not of several. Israel was supposed to believe 'Today' and be in Christ.

Cross Reference

Moral divinity; what Paul understood about the gospel of Jesus Christ:

"For if we have been planted together in the likeness of His death, we shall be also in the likeness of His resurrection." Romans 6:5.

"Co-Resurrection. The proof that I have been through crucifixion with Jesus is that I have a decided likeness to Him. The incoming of the Spirit of Jesus into me readjusts my personal life to God. The resurrection of Jesus has given Him authority to impart the life of God to me, and my experiential life must be constructed on the basis of His life. I can have the resurrection life of Jesus now, and it will show itself in holiness.

The idea all through the Apostle Paul’s writings is that after the moral decision to be identified with Jesus in His death has been made, the resurrection life of Jesus invades every bit of my human nature. It takes omnipotence to live the life of the Son of God in mortal flesh. The Holy Spirit cannot be located as a Guest in a house, He invades everything. When once I decide that my “old man” (i.e., the heredity of sin) should be identified with the death of Jesus, then the Holy Spirit invades me. He takes charge of everything, my part is to walk in the light and to obey all that He reveals. When I have made the moral decision about sin, it is easy to reckon actually that I am dead unto sin, because I find the life of Jesus there all the time. Just as there is only one stamp of humanity, so there is only one stamp of holiness, the holiness of Jesus, and it is His holiness that is gifted to me. God puts the holiness of His Son into me, and I belong to a new order spiritually". . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Oswald Chambers

Danoh

It is three ways to spread false prophecy.

Interesting point you raise...considering that the A9D (Acts 9 Dispensationalism) I subscribe to is 100% Cessationist and holds that all Prophecy TEMPORARILY ceased.

Interesting point you raise, given that you are the one who subsribes to the fool superstitions of your delusions as being visions from God, along with your self-talk, and the tea leaves of circumstances as your means of pin the tail on the donkey of God's will, blindfolded :chuckle:

You're a Preterist; remember?

It is your school of thought that came into being through reading post Acts, and therefore, secular events (70AD to 135 AD) as Prophecy being fulfilled.

Though, oddly, in your case, you add the superstitions of the Charismatic to your particular flavor of Preterism.

iamaberean

Interesting point you raise...considering that the A9D (Acts 9 Dispensationalism) I subscribe to is 100% Cessationist and holds that all Prophecy TEMPORARILY ceased.

Interesting point you raise, given that you are the one who subsribes to the fool superstitions of your delusions as being visions from God, along with your self-talk, and the tea leaves of circumstances as your means of pin the tail on the donkey of God's will, blindfolded :chuckle:

It is your school of thought that came into being through reading post Acts, and therefore, secular events (70AD to 135 AD) as Prophecy being fulfilled.

Though, oddly, in your case, you add the superstitions of the Charismatic to your particular flavor of Preterism.You're a Preterist; remember?

My views come from God, not man. You can not quote scripture to prove your point so you use sourcasum like the child you are.

Cross Reference

:chuckle: geez are you slow; the Charismatic fool just said his views come "from God."

A Cessationist would have said something along the line of "my views come from 'that which is perfect' - the Scripture."

Why don't you "Shut up". I well know what a cessationist is.
You don't begin to make sense as most things you write are all over the road because you are...

Danoh

Why don't you "Shut up". I well know what a cessationist is.
You don't begin to make sense as most things you write are all over the road because you are...

On the road again
Just can't wait to get on the road again
The life I love is makin' music with my friends
And I can't wait to get on the road again

:chuckle:

Cross Reference

On the road again
Just can't wait to get on the road again
The life I love is makin' music with my friends
And I can't wait to get on the road again

:chuckle:

All over the road again