ECT What is a Soul

Aimiel

John saw visions of what was going to happen. He saw visions of the people when they were alive as living souls being killed for the Word of God.

Only Jesus has a glorified body, and we will receive one when he returns at the resurrection of the dead.
Sorry, but I still say that the Glorified Body we're given in Heaven is one that has a spirit, which makes us: living souls. Spirit is not beneath flesh-and-blood, but above. We will not be like Casper the Friendly Ghost; we will have form. Jesus exhorted Thomas to put his finger into the nail holes in His hands and feel the wound in His side. If He were not in a Body: that would not have been possible. Living souls are in Heaven. We're living souls, forever: thanks be to God!

God's Truth

Sorry, but I still say that the Glorified Body we're given in Heaven is one that has a spirit,
We are not given glorified bodies in heaven; we are given glorified bodies when Jesus comes to earth. Our spirits go to heaven at the death of our bodies.

When the dead are resurrected and those alive are changed into their resurrected bodies when Jesus comes....will meet Jesus in the air.

1 Thessalonians 4:16, and 1 Corinthians 15:52...in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.

We will be changed to a glorifed body then.

1 Corinthians 15:18 Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ are lost.
1 Corinthians 15:20 But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep.
1 Corinthians 15:23 But each in his own turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who belong to him.

Christ is the firstfruit. He is the first to have a glorified body, and when he come we will have one too.

which makes us: living souls.

A living soul is a physical body with a spirit. A dead soul is a physical body that has died and its spirit left its body.

Spirit is not beneath flesh-and-blood, but above.

Our spirit are in our body.

We will not be like Casper the Friendly Ghost; we will have form.

Spirits have form. We will be spirits without our bodies when we die, and we will have to wait for the resurrection to receive a new body.

Jesus exhorted Thomas to put his finger into the nail holes in His hands and feel the wound in His side. If He were not in a Body: that would not have been possible.

Jesus is the firstfruits. He is the only one who ascended to heaven and received his glorified body. When he got to heaven he was given the glorified body he had with God before life of any kind began.

Living souls are in Heaven. We're living souls, forever: thanks be to God!

No such thing as souls in heaven. Spirits of righteous men made perfect by Jesus are in heaven.

Hebrews 12:23 to the church of the firstborn, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God, the Judge of all, to the spirits of the righteous made perfect,

Aimiel

We are not given glorified bodies in heaven; we are given glorified bodies when Jesus comes to earth.
I believe differently; that we'll be snatched off the earth and meet with The Lord in the air in Glorified Bodies.
Our spirits go to heaven at the death of our bodies.
I don't see that in Scripture. I see that we'll be in Paradise, awaiting the raptured saints, because we won't precede them and they won't precede us; we'll all be caught up together to meet with Him in the air.
A living soul is a physical body with a spirit. A dead soul is a physical body that has died and its spirit left its body.
I don't see that anywhere in Scripture. I believe that the souls who are judged will be tormented in their body and their spirit will remain in them, as the Lake of Fire will torment body and spirit together, forever.
Our spirit are in our body. Spirits have form. We will be spirits without our bodies when we die, and we will have to wait for the resurrection to receive a new body.
Again: I don't see that anywhere in Scripture.
No such thing as souls in heaven. Spirits of righteous men made perfect by Jesus are in heaven.
I see it differently. We are spirit-beings who have a body and that is what makes us living souls. We won't see death, so: we'll be living souls forever.

Dwane Mathews

According to the Scriptures, the soul is a by-product of the union between the Body and Spirit. The soul is not "eternal." The soul does not survive death. Not according to the Scriptures, anyway. The graveyards are filled with people who have lost their souls.

way 2 go

According to the Scriptures, the soul is a by-product of the union between the Body and Spirit. The soul is not "eternal." The soul does not survive death. Not according to the Scriptures, anyway. The graveyards are filled with people who have lost their souls.

According to whose "scriptures" , the book of morman, the watchtower , koran

in the Bible Jesus taught existence after death

Luk 16:22 And it happened, the poor one died and was carried away by the angels into the bosom of Abraham. And the rich one also died and was buried.
Luk 16:23 And being in torments in hell, lifting up his eyes, he sees Abraham afar off and Lazarus in his bosom.

God's Truth

I believe differently; that we'll be snatched off the earth and meet with The Lord in the air in Glorified Bodies.

Are you trying to be tricky? I have been telling you that we don't get glorified bodies until we are resurrected and meet Jesus in the air!

If you are deliberately trying to act like I said something I didn't, then that is something extremely sinful and you should repent.

God's Truth

Not at all; and I have no idea why you presume such. Seems like you're looking for an argument, rather than a discussion. I'm not looking to argue. :bang:

That is another lie of yours. Your stupid use of the head banger emoji is your loser attempt again at trying to deceive. Looks like you don't have any idea what the truth is about a soul, a spirit, or how to humble yourself.

I am not going to discuss anymore with you, so continue to show yourself for what you are by replying back and this time getting ignored.

God's Truth

You don't make sense. He did nothing wrong.

You don't have any idea what the discussion between us is about. You just have to do what God says not to do. You just had to get in on an argument you knew nothing about and take the side of the one you hated least.

Aimiel

You are sinning using God's name in vain like that.
It wasn't in vain, I thank God that losers don't look at my posts or reply to them. It's annoying when they do. You wouldn't know about that, though, since you're on the other end of it.

Aimiel

You don't have any idea what the discussion between us is about. You just have to do what God says not to do. You just had to get in on an argument you knew nothing about and take the side of the one you hated least.
I've yet to see a single shred of evidence that Bright Raven actually hates ANYONE. :duh: