What if God doesn't want to make American great again?

musterion

And you're 53 going on 12 "punk".

You tell us when America was "great"

From 1945 though the 1950s we were in our prime, economically. You know...right after we saved you. Everyone who wanted to benefit from that could and did.

None of that means God "made America great." Compared with other nations? Yes, from our founding onward America had a unique greatness that nobody can argue changed the world (those days are pretty much over) and which many sought to emulate or come to be a part of.

But we have been and still are a nation that in itself is just as lost and godless as any other, just like yours is. We're in the same boat.

musterion

You have no proof of that one way or the other.

That's because you don't believe the Bible, as is typical of Catholics.

God had exactly ONE special nation in all of history. For now, that nation is stumbled and blinded and for all intents and purposes does not exist. He will restore her and deal with her again as His own. For now, no.

Point is, the U.S. ain't that nation. Never was, isn't now, never will be.

Arthur Brain

From 1945 though the 1950s we were in our prime, economically. You know...right after we saved you. Everyone who wanted to benefit from that could and did.

Hmm, thought I was on ignore Musty?

Still, seeing as you've replied then let's just point out that America didn't "save" any particular country and didn't single handedly win WWII either so you're just being flat out moronic there. If the 50's was such a golden era then that's typical 'American blueberry pie/white picket fence dream' nonsense.

None of that means God "made America great." Compared with other nations? Yes, from our founding onward America had a unique greatness that nobody can argue changed the world (those days are pretty much over) and which many sought to emulate or come to be a part of.

But we have been and still are a nation that in itself is just as lost and godless as any other, just like yours is. We're in the same boat.

The Western values of freedom and liberty are something to hold, even if certain zealots would like to do away with them. At least you admit that America has never actually been "great" like any other country.

musterion

Sorry, can't let this pass.

At least you admit that America has never actually been "great" like any other country.

No. I'll put what we have (had) up against any other nation in history. But that in no way proves God had His hand on the U.S. in any special way, anymore than He had His hand on England back in the 1800s during the height of your missionary power when people the world over were being saved because of your Christians, whose heritage you now spit on if you're aware of it at all.

America is only "better" than any other nation in relative terms, which are really meaningless. All are equally godless and destined for destruction.

Arthur Brain

Sorry, can't let this pass.

No. I'll put what we have (had) up against any other nation in history. But that in no way proves God had His hand on the U.S. in any special way, anymore than He had His hand on England back in the 1800s during the height of your missionary power when people the world over were being saved because of your Christians, whose heritage you now spit on if you're aware of it at all.

America is only "better" than any other nation in relative terms, which are really meaningless. All are equally godless and destined for destruction.

I ain't spitting on anyone or anything. There's plenty to acknowledge about America but if you think the 50's was something special then you simply ignore so much of the underbelly of your country (and others) it's almost laughable.

musterion

I ain't spitting on anyone or anything. There's plenty to acknowledge about America but if you think the 50's was something special then you simply ignore so much of the underbelly of your country (and others) it's almost laughable.

Note that I went back to emphasize "economically."

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
.....None of that means God "made America great."....
You have no proof of that one way or the other.
That's because you don't believe the Bible, as is typical of Catholics.......
Put a sock in that crap. I know Catholics who have more Christianity in their pinky then you'll have your whole life... ...not to mention the fact that your response was grammatically nonsensical.

You have no proof one way or the other. The Bible does not mention America at all (obviously) so your opinion is just that, your opinion, and no more. And considering the dumb remark you just made, your opinion ain't worth much either.

musterion

Put a sock in that crap.

You're testy. Have a cookie. Wake up the collar if you have to.

I know Catholics that have more Christianity in their pinky then you'll have your whole life...

Not surprising. I don't subscribe to what is called "Christianity." For all my flaws -- and they are many -- I subscribe to Christ.

...not to mention the fact that your response was grammatically nonsensical.

It was just fine.

You have no proof one way or the other.

I already gave you all the proof we need. You just don't believe it because you dislike the idea of a restored Israel.

The Bible does not mention America at all (obviously)

Duh

so your opinion is just that, your opinion, and no more.

Not my opinion. Fact. God has NO FAVORED NATIONS TODAY. Hasn't for a couple thousand years. Israel was the first and only.

And considering the dumb remark you just made, your opinion ain't worth much either.

Aw. You enjoy that cookie, now, and be sure to say your prayers to St. Donald of Tangerine to save you if you should die before you wake.