Theology Club: What happened to this forum?

Inchrist1

I am new to MAD and was really looking forward to learning. Some of the people on this forum are brilliant, i just wish they would post more so I can learn more. So heir, Paul2Saul, Nick M, (there's more can't remember there user name), TEACH ME, PLEASE!!! I want to be able to present this without looking like a fool.

Thanks,

Inchrist1

glorydaz

I am new to MAD and was really looking forward to learning. Some of the people on this forum are brilliant, i just wish they would post more so I can learn more. So heir, Paul2Saul, Nick M, (there's more can't remember there user name), TEACH ME, PLEASE!!! I want to be able to present this without looking like a fool.

Thanks,

Inchrist1

I'll join you in this request. We have some great teachers here. :thumb:

Inchrist1

Thanks for the reply. I've seen chickenman's post and loved it. When you or anyone is available, I would appreciate it if you could give me some tips on how to present MAD. I have shown with scripture the differences in Peter and Paul's gospel. So far I've been labeled a heretic, a deceiver, and was told i have no discernment with Gods word. So my question is, how do y'all( sorry I'm from Texas) present MAD? I would also like to know all the verses that point to the differences so I can memorize them.

Thanks,

Inchrist

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I would appreciate it if you could give me some tips on how to present MAD.
Thanks,

Inchrist

I don't. I present the gospel. I have never seen anybody argue against it like they do on TOL. Sometimes there is confusion because people get the red letters drilled into them.

I point out Israel's prophecy and how the messiah was to restore them, and dying for the sin of the world was not revealed. Paul is explicit about it, and even the gospels point out "this saying was hidden from them".

You can show the red letters and do not go into the way of the gentiles, and ask if they keep it. In my experience those who want to spend eternity with God do not fight the truth.

way 2 go

Thanks,

Inchrist1

he is something to read

http://kgov.com/an-overview-of-the-bible

do you have any specific questions ?

Inchrist1

What happened to this forum?

he is something to read

http://kgov.com/an-overview-of-the-bible

do you have any specific questions ?

Way2go,

Thank you for that!!! I forgot to mention you in my OP, sorry about that.

I do have a question. Did Paul's ministry start with the Circomsized? Was it the same message as the one he preached to the Gentiles?

Just bought the audio conference of the Plot, about to start listening.

Inchrist1

Way2go,

I am also having a hard time with this verse: "To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins. (Acts 10:43 KJV)"

Isn't Peter preaching Grace through Faith here?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am also having a hard time with this verse:

How much time has passed between Acts 9 and Acts 10? I think it is several years. Why did Peter say Not so Lord! when told to eat an unclean animal in Acts 10?

"To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins. (Acts 10:43 KJV)"

Remission is not forgiveness. They had to endure to the end. Did you see grace through faith in Acts 5 when followers were executed for trading with Rome (the beast)? I didn't.

Paul nails it right here in case you do not understand. They had to keep the law, and believe. Some kept the law, and thought it saved them. It didn't.

1 Timothy 1:16

However, for this reason I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might show all longsuffering, as a pattern to those who are going to believe on Him for everlasting life.

In who first was the pattern shown of faith through grace?

Inchrist1

"How much time has passed between Acts 9 and Acts 10? I think it is several years. Why did Peter say Not so Lord! when told to eat an unclean animal in Acts 10?"

The law prevented peter from eating unclean animals. Is this right?

And i see now how this applies to my question. Peter didn't even want to go to the Gentiles, he only went because Jesus commanded him to.

Also, did Jesus give Peter this vision so he could except Paul's Gospel to the gentiles?

"Remission is not forgiveness. They had to endure to the end. Did you see grace through faith in Acts 5 when followers were executed for trading with Rome (the beast)? I didn't. "

Good point. Thanks for clearing that up.

"Paul nails it right here in case you do not understand. They had to keep the law, and believe. Some kept the law, and thought it saved them. It didn't.

<font color="Navy">

1 Timothy 1:16

However, for this reason I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might show all longsuffering, as a pattern to those who are going to believe on Him for everlasting life.

In who first was the pattern shown of faith through grace?"

It was defiantly Paul.

It's these little details that I'm still trying to learn. You make it so easy to understand, thanks.

way 2 go

Way2go,

Thank you for that!!! I forgot to mention you in my OP, sorry about that.

I do have a question. Did Paul's ministry start with the Circomsized? Was it the same message as the one he preached to the Gentiles?

Just bought the audio conference of the Plot, about to start listening.

Act 22:21 And he said to me, 'Go, for I will send you far away to the Gentiles.'"
Act 22:22 Up to this word they listened to him. Then they raised their voices and said, "Away with such a fellow from the earth! For he should not be allowed to live."

Paul was sent to the Gentiles (uncircumcised) first with a gospel of grace but wanted to share the same gospel with his people the
Jews (under the law=circumcised ) first

sent to the gentiles first but went to Jews first

you do understand Jesus never mentioned grace while he was here
only keep the commandments ?

did you buy "The Plot" set (5) or just one disc ?

Inchrist1

"you do understand Jesus never mentioned grace while he was here only keep the commandments ?"

Yes i do. He preached the kingdom to the circumcision. They had to obey and endure to the end in order to be saved.

"did you buy "The Plot" set (5) or just one disc ?"

I bought the MP3 download, it has 6 parts.

heir

TOL Subscriber
I am new to MAD and was really looking forward to learning.
Hi Inchrist1, good to see you. I'm not new and still have much to learn.
Some of the people on this forum are brilliant, i just wish they would post more so I can learn more.
You can open up threads about specific topics or pose questions on threads already opened. This is a good forum to post because the known gainsayers have to stay somewhat at bay.
So heir, Paul2Saul, Nick M, (there's more can't remember there user name), TEACH ME, PLEASE!!! I want to be able to present this without looking like a fool.
Be specific in your questions and you will get answers.

You shall suffer persecution for preaching the grace of God. It comes with the territory.

2 Timothy 3:12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

That's why you need to put on the whole armour of God.

Ephesians 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

Ephesians 6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Ephesians 6:13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Ephesians 6:14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

Ephesians 6:15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

Ephesians 6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

Ephesians 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Ephesians 6:18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

Ephesians 6:19 And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,

Ephesians 6:20 For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

heir

TOL Subscriber
During the dispensation of the gospel (1 Corinthians 9:17 KJV) Paul was sent to the Jew first and also to the Greek (all Greeks were Gentiles, but not all Gentiles were Greeks Acts 13:26 KJV, Acts 26:17 KJV, Romans 1:16 KJV, 1 Corinthians 1:24 KJV) and preached the gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) as the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth (Romans 1:16-17 KJV).

Paul was later sent to Gentiles such as we (Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV, Acts 22:17-21 KJV) with the same good news; that Christ died for our sins and that He was buried and rose again the third day (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV), but not "according to the scriptures", "but now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit" (Ephesians 3:5 KJV) revealing the mystery of the gospel (Ephesians 3:6 KJV, Ephesians 6:19 KJV).

heir

TOL Subscriber
Way2go,

I am also having a hard time with this verse: "To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins. (Acts 10:43 KJV)"

Isn't Peter preaching Grace through Faith here?
Peter preached this to Cornelius:

Acts 10:35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

while Paul preached this to us

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

heir

TOL Subscriber
TEACH ME, PLEASE!!!
The Holy Ghost teacheth us comparing spiritual things whith spiritual.

1 Corinthians 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

Some people have said, comparing scripture with scripture. We believe we have all scripture in the King James Bible.

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

2 Timothy 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

It's all there FOR us.