ECT What gospel was Paul saved under?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Galatians 1:18

Gal 1:17 Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus.
Gal 1:18 Then after three years (in Damascus) I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Gal 1:17 Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus.
Gal 1:18 Then after three years (in Damascus) I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days.

You added the in damascus in parenthesis. Shame on you.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You added the in damascus in parenthesis. Shame on you.

Shame on you to say what the bible does not say.

The Bible does not say Paul was three years in the desert.

I put the word Damascus in brackets to show what it was saying.

You are changing what the Bible states because your religion has taught you contrary to the Bible.

Why do you do that?

LA

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Shame on you to say what the bible does not say.

The Bible does not say Paul was three years in the desert.

I put the word Damascus in brackets to show what it was saying.

You are changing what the Bible states because your religion has taught you contrary to the Bible.

Why do you do that?

LA

I do not have the problem, you do. You have read the passage out of context and added to scripture. I would call that your problem.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I do not have the problem, you do. You have read the passage out of context and added to scripture. I would call that your problem.

No.

The context is clear and supported by other scripture.

Also supported by the life of Christ and all Christians that they are not in the desert for three years after their conversion.

Others looked after Paul. He might have been strong in knowledge but he was a babe.

Act 9:18 And immediately there fell from his eyes as it had been scales: and he received sight forthwith, and arose, and was baptized.
Act 9:19 And when he had received meat, he was strengthened. Then was Saul certain days with the disciples which were at Damascus.

Act 9:29 And he spake boldly in the name of the Lord Jesus, and disputed against the Grecians: but they went about to slay him.
Act 9:30 Which when the brethren knew, they brought him down to Caesarea, and sent him forth to Tarsus.

Act 11:25 Then departed Barnabas to Tarsus, for to seek Saul:
Act 11:26 And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

Act 12:25 And Barnabas and Saul returned from Jerusalem, when they had fulfilled their ministry, and took with them John, whose surname was Mark.

LA

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No.

The context is clear and supported by other scripture.

Also supported by the life of Christ and all Christians that they are not in the desert for three years after their conversion.

Others looked after Paul. He might have been strong in knowledge but he was a babe.

Act 9:18 And immediately there fell from his eyes as it had been scales: and he received sight forthwith, and arose, and was baptized.
Act 9:19 And when he had received meat, he was strengthened. Then was Saul certain days with the disciples which were at Damascus.

Act 9:29 And he spake boldly in the name of the Lord Jesus, and disputed against the Grecians: but they went about to slay him.
Act 9:30 Which when the brethren knew, they brought him down to Caesarea, and sent him forth to Tarsus.

Act 11:25 Then departed Barnabas to Tarsus, for to seek Saul:
Act 11:26 And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

Act 12:25 And Barnabas and Saul returned from Jerusalem, when they had fulfilled their ministry, and took with them John, whose surname was Mark.

LA
And where is your proof text that Paul taught in Damascus for three years?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
And where is your proof text that Paul taught in Damascus for three years?

Gal 1:18 Then after three years
I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Gal 1:18 Then after three years
I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days.

Does the scripture say that Paul was not in the desert? On the converse it says that he was. Does not verse 17 say that he went into Arabia? http://www.biblestudytools.com/classics/barnes-scenes-in-life/residence-of-paul-in-arabia/

Heterodoxical

Are you trying to 'ignore' the fact that, Christ came to Saul (Paul)
on the 'Road to Damascus?' The Grace message that we go by
today was given to Paul by, "The Risen Lord Jesus Christ!"

Henceforth, Paul was established by that, self-same Gospel! Paul
describes it as, "his Gospel!"

Romans 2:16--"In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men
by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

Which the council of Jerusalem approved of and made doctrine.
And which Peter said was GOOD TEACHING.
And which when Paul visited the Pillars of the Church they approved of his message....
Of which the NON GREEK Church in damascus also approved of.

Not to mention the fact that in Jesus Church there is no Jew or Gentile. DO you know why that is? No M.A.D. boyo that I've ever met can answer that.

Because the Messiah established a church, forever, in the order of Melchizedek> OR SET UP LIKE MEL'S WAS.

What does that look like?
It was before a JEW ever existed.
It was before sacrificial forgiveness of sins.
It was before a holy people was chosen.
It was before a Jewish law was written.

If you are part of that church you are neither jew nor gentile, you are before.

M.A.D. ignores this and claims they are "special". Well they are very special. And my momma told me to be nice to "special" kids. I'd almost be willing to PAY for a real debate with one of them. But no one on this site has ever shown they even CAN debate in a proper way.

Your most voiciferous defender thinks calling people homosexual refutes their biblical claims. AND THAT PERSON IS DEFENDED AND PRAISED!!!!!

So, sure, We AAAAALLLLllllll take M.A.D. people seriously. They are so dang consistent and all that in their beliefs and Bible comprehension.

Heterodoxical

Not the proof of incompetence, "OUT OF CONTEXT" defense.

If He was out of context, B.R. you would have shown how and why it was out of context, not just made an open allegation with no proof.

THEN it would be open to discussion and EVERYONE learns.

But you opt that you are capable of DETERMINING WITH NO OBJECTION FROM ANYONE who is and isn't getting it right.

God?
Fiat?
Special gift??
Pride?
hubris?
Narcissism?

what is it.