What Does it Mean to be Born Again?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No. Faith alone is DEAD and cannot save anyone.

Can't you comprehend the english language?

Ephesians 2:10 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

Do you not SEE (OPEN YOU EYES) that it is by our salvation through faith alone that we are enabled to do Good works? The works come from our salvation in Christ.

CherubRam

No. Faith alone is DEAD and cannot save anyone.

Without faith in God how can a person be saved? If not for God's grace there would be no reason for faith, repentance, baptism, or works.

Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

God's Truth

Without faith in God how can a person be saved? If not for God's grace there would be no reason for faith, repentance, baptism, or works.

Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Faith by itself is dead and cannot save anyone.

James 2:14, 17, 20, 22, 24; 2 Peter 3:16, 17.

Robert Pate

Banned
Faith by itself is dead and cannot save anyone.

James 2:14, 17, 20, 22, 24; 2 Peter 3:16, 17.

Salvation is by Christ alone, faith alone. It was Jesus that fulfilled the law, Matthew 5:18. It was Jesus that atoned for our sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. We now stand COMPLETE in him, Colossians 2:10. Your piety, good works, obedience cannot justify.

God's Truth

Salvation is by Christ alone, faith alone. It was Jesus that fulfilled the law, Matthew 5:18. It was Jesus that atoned for our sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. We now stand COMPLETE in him, Colossians 2:10. Your piety, good works, obedience cannot justify.

It isn't shameful to obey Jesus. Obeying Jesus wasn't nailed to the cross. Where is your sense?

Robert Pate

Banned
It isn't shameful to obey Jesus. Obeying Jesus wasn't nailed to the cross. Where is your sense?

It is shameful to believe that your righteousness counts for something. The only thing that counts for something is the righteousness of Christ, Romans 3:26.

God's Truth

It is shameful to believe that your righteousness counts for something. The only thing that counts for something is the righteousness of Christ, Romans 3:26.

Stop evading the truth. It is not ever shameful to obey Jesus. Obeying Jesus will give you life.

As it is right now, you speak against this life.

God's Truth

Your righteousness stinks like filthy rags, Isaiah 64:6.

Jesus is the Word of God. That means whatever Jesus says, his words are true from the Maker of everything.

Jesus' words are Spirit and life. Obeying those words will never harm you and do you wrong, as you claim; for you condemn me for saying Jesus tells us WHAT to DO to be saved.

As for the filthy rags scripture, it is only filthy when you don't have a right heart before God.

Robert Pate

Banned
Jesus is the Word of God. That means whatever Jesus says, his words are true from the Maker of everything.

Jesus' words are Spirit and life. Obeying those words will never harm you and do you wrong, as you claim; for you condemn me for saying Jesus tells us WHAT to DO to be saved.

As for the filthy rags scripture, it is only filthy when you don't have a right heart before God.

Your righteousness still stinks like filthy rags, Isaiah 64:6.

heir

TOL Subscriber
What Does it Mean to be Born Again?
Check Ezekiel 37 as born again (for Israel future) is resurrection.

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

John 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Everyone who has ever been born is born of water. Israel must be born again, resurrected

Nicodemus was a "master of Israel". He should have known that being born again (born of the Spirit), that it was resurrection as in Ezekiel 37 (dry bones). Read about it.

John 3:10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?

And unless you are willing to claim that you can walk through walls, you are NOT born again

John 3:8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Jesus was "born again".

Luke 24:30 And it came to pass, as he sat at meat with them, he took bread, and blessed it, and brake, and gave to them.
Luke 24:31 And their eyes were opened, and they knew him; and he vanished out of their sight.
Luke 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?
Luke 24:33 And they rose up the same hour, and returned to Jerusalem, and found the eleven gathered together, and them that were with them,
Luke 24:34 Saying, The Lord is risen indeed, and hath appeared to Simon.
Luke 24:35 And they told what things were done in the way, and how he was known of them in breaking of bread.
Luke 24:36 And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
Luke 24:37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
Luke 24:38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
Luke 24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

Believers today who are in Christ after trusting the Lord believing the word of truth (1 Corinthians 15:1-4) are a "new creature" NOT "born again"

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

God's Truth

Your righteousness still stinks like filthy rags, Isaiah 64:6.

You were taught to misunderstand the filthy rag scripture.

How do you EVER get that obeying God is as a filthy rag?!

The Jews who had to do a righteous act of giving a sin offering, which included offering BLOOD, God did not like it that they would sin then give a sin offering and not really be sorry for their sins; that made the blood offering as a menstrual bloody rag offering. Not being truly sorry for the sin is what made the righteous act of sacrificing animals for their blood as a filthy rag.

Isaiah 64:6 All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away.

God's Truth

Check Ezekiel 37 as born again (for Israel future) is resurrection.

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

John 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Everyone who has ever been born is born of water. Israel must be born again, resurrected

Nicodemus was a "master of Israel". He should have known that being born again (born of the Spirit), that it was resurrection as in Ezekiel 37 (dry bones). Read about it.

John 3:10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?

And unless you are willing to claim that you can walk through walls, you are NOT born again

John 3:8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Jesus was "born again".

Luke 24:30 And it came to pass, as he sat at meat with them, he took bread, and blessed it, and brake, and gave to them.
Luke 24:31 And their eyes were opened, and they knew him; and he vanished out of their sight.
Luke 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?
Luke 24:33 And they rose up the same hour, and returned to Jerusalem, and found the eleven gathered together, and them that were with them,
Luke 24:34 Saying, The Lord is risen indeed, and hath appeared to Simon.
Luke 24:35 And they told what things were done in the way, and how he was known of them in breaking of bread.
Luke 24:36 And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
Luke 24:37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
Luke 24:38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
Luke 24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

Believers today who are in Christ after trusting the Lord believing the word of truth (1 Corinthians 15:1-4) are a "new creature" NOT "born again"

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Being born again is when all your sins are washed away by Jesus. You then have a new life without sin, you are born again, new life, no sins.

jsanford108

To be born again means that God takes a measure of His DNA and places it in you.

DNA? God takes "genetic material synthesized in the mitochondria" and places it "in you?"

I think I understood what you mean, but I would just caution use of such biological elements in discussions of spiritual realities.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Cross Reference

DNA? God takes "genetic material synthesized in the mitochondria" and places it "in you?"

I think I understood what you mean, but I would just caution use of such biological elements in discussions of spiritual realities.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Why? Jesus walked on water. ;) Perhaps if I had written "Spiritual DNA"?

heir

TOL Subscriber
Being born again is when all your sins are washed away by Jesus. You then have a new life without sin, you are born again, new life, no sins.

That cannot be said of any of us!

God's Truth

That cannot be said of any of us!

How do you figure?