What does God's Holy Law Demand?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I don't believe in your jesus or god.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Tell me something I don't already know!

Regardless, my point is valid from within your own doctrinal worldview.

You don't believe that your god is just or loving. You believe that your god is arbitrary.
You don't believe that Jesus died because justice demands death as a JUST payment for sin and that, because He loves us, He chose to pay that price Himself so that we wouldn't have to. Justice and love had nothing to do with it. Your idea of god says that god simply does whatever he chooses to do - period. He chooses to bring some people to heaven and send others to Hell - so he does. He chose to become a man - so he did. He chose to die on the cross - so he did. There was no reason to compel him to do those things, no motive, nothing but his will and that's it - his arbitrary, causeless, immutable, impassible will.

How anyone can derive such a god from the bible is beyond comprehension. How they can then believe in that god is truly mind boggling. How anyone, once they believe it, can show up anywhere in an attempt to convince others of it is proof of mental instability or straight up stupidity.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

You don't believe that your god is just or loving. You believe that your god is arbitrary.
You don't believe that Jesus died because justice demands death as a JUST payment for sin and that, because He loves us, He chose to pay that price Himself so that we wouldn't have to. Justice and love had nothing to do with it. Your idea of god says that god simply does whatever he chooses to do - period. He chooses to bring some people to heaven and send others to Hell - so he does. He chose to become a man - so he did. He chose to die on the cross - so he did. There was no reason to compel him to do those things, no motive, nothing but his will and that's it - his arbitrary, causeless, immutable, impassible will.

How anyone can derive such a god from the bible is beyond comprehension. How they can then believe in that god is truly mind boggling. How anyone, once they believe it, can show up anywhere in an attempt to convince others of it is proof of mental instability or straight up stupidity.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Good post

beloved57

Resting in Him,
Clete
What I believe about the God I serve is posted in my threads, read them.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Nanja

How can you have faith in a God that damns people to hell before they are born? What kind of a God is that?

It's not the faith that a carnal man conjures up Rom. 8:7-8, but the Faith that is exclusively given to God's Elect Tit. 1:1-2 which is a Fruit of the Spirit given in New Birth Gal. 5:22.

God does whatever He desires.

Job 23:13
But he is in one mind, and who can turn him? and what his soul desireth, even that he doeth.

This scripture proves that God does not desire all men without exception to be saved, but yet they are not!

~~~~~

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
It's not the faith that a carnal man conjures up Rom. 8:7-8, but the Faith that is exclusively given to God's Elect Tit. 1:1-2 which is a Fruit of the Spirit given in New Birth Gal. 5:22.

But he is in one mind, and who can turn him? and what his soul desireth, even that he doeth.

This scripture proves that God does not desire all men without exception to be saved, but yet they are not!

~~~~~
your god kills people and damns them to hell before they are born ? Get a grip will ya ?

Nanja

your god kills people and damns them to hell before they are born ? Get a grip will ya ?

Time to come to grips with the Truth of which the scriptures teach.

Christ came to Save His People Mat. 1:21, not the devil's children Mat. 13:38-40.

~~~~~

Epoisses

Time to come to grips with the Truth of which the scriptures teach.

Christ came to Save His People Mat. 1:21, not the devil's children Mat. 13:38-40.

~~~~~

Christ came to save the world and he succeeded. His children or seed are the ones who believe it.

Nanja

Christ came to save the world and he succeeded. His children or seed are the ones who believe it.

But not the believing that the natural man does Rom. 8:8.

The only Believing / Faith that pleases God is a Fruit of the Spirit He gives all His Elect Children Eph. 1:4-5 in New Birth / when they're Born of the Spirit.

Gal. 5:22
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith [Gr. pistis],

2 Thes. 2:13
But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief [Gr. pistis] of the truth:

All the Elect shall Believe the Truth because God sends them His Spirit to guide them into it.

John 16:13
Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

~~~~~

Gurucam

The reason that the priest are blameless is because the priest must do work on the sabbath. Are you a priest of the temple?

Then the ten commandments are not absolute, as you are projecting. They can be transgressed under certain conditions.

Like when the Spirit instruct that one transgress the ten commandments:

James: 2
21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

The above was not obedience to the ten commandments. This was transgression of 'the thou shall not kill' commandment because one was instructed to do so by Spirit. This was obedience onto righteousness (the New covenant in operation).

Doing works on the sabbath was not obedience to the ten commandments. This was transgression of a law in the ten commandments, because works must be done on the sabbath.

The old covenant is 'sin unto death'. The New covenant is 'obedience unto righteousness'.

Romans:6 KJV N.T.
16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you .
18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

Robert Pate

Banned

~~~~~

You really don't have faith in God because it is not possible to have faith in a God that damns people to hell before they are born. What you have faith in is the teachings of a heretic. You want to believe that you are special and that you have been predestinated.

You need to renounce Calvinism and trust in the work and the person of Jesus Christ, plus nothing.

Robert Pate

Banned
Then the ten commandments are not absolute, as you are projecting. They can be transgressed under certain conditions.

Like when the Spirit instruct that one transgress the ten commandments:

James: 2
21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

The above was not obedience to the ten commandments. This was transgression of 'the thou shall not kill' commandment because one was instructed to do so by Spirit. This was obedience onto righteousness (the New covenant in operation).

Doing works on the sabbath was not obedience to the ten commandments. This was transgression of a law in the ten commandments, because works must be done on the sabbath.

The old covenant is 'sin unto death'. The New covenant is 'obedience unto righteousness'.

Romans:6 KJV N.T.
16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you .
18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

We are MADE free from sin by the doing and the dying of Jesus. Not the Holy Spirit.

Gurucam

We are MADE free from sin by the doing and the dying of Jesus. Not the Holy Spirit.

Hebrews: 8 KJV N.T.
7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.

Romans: 3 King James Version (KJV)
21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Acts: 13 King James Version (KJV)
39 And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

Romans: 8 KJV N.T.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

2 Corinthians: 3 King James Version (KJV)
17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

Robert Pate

Banned
Hebrews: 8 KJV N.T.
7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.

Romans: 3 King James Version (KJV)
21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Acts: 13 King James Version (KJV)
39 And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

Romans: 8 KJV N.T.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

2 Corinthians: 3 King James Version (KJV)
17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

The Holy Spirit is NOT the savior. That is Catholic doctrine. Nowhere in scripture are we called to trust in the Holy Spirit or in what the Holy Spirit is doing in our lives.

The Christians main focus is in the work and the person of Jesus Christ. He is the one that saves and justifies. Not a Spirit.