What does God's Holy Law Demand?

God's Truth

At the time of the old law, the Gentiles were SEPARATE and WITHOUT GOD because they did not clean themselves.

Ephesians 2:12 remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world.

JonahofAkron

Colossians 2:13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,

The Gentiles were dead in their sins because they did not have their sins cleaned by blood---and they did not circumcise themselves.

Ephesians 2:1
As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins,

Ephesians 2:5
made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions--it is by grace you have been saved.

There were dead in their transgressions and Jesus did not make them get circumcised before he saved them.
Why would they need to be circumcised in the flesh if their faith counted as circumcision of the heart?

Sent from my SM-N910T using TheologyOnline mobile app

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
They were not under the law as Gentiles. They had to become proselytes.
A foreigner may be a Gentile or not. If you are not a Jew you are a Gentile. If you do not live in Israel are you a Gentile if you are not a Jew? Was a foreigner someone who lived in Israel?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Isaiah 56:1-12 NASB - 1 Thus says the LORD,"Preserve justice and do righteousness,For My salvation is about to comeAnd My righteousness to be revealed. 2 "How blessed is the man who does this,And the son of man who takes hold of it;Who keeps from profaning the sabbath,And keeps his hand from doing any evil." 3 Let not the foreigner who has joined himself to the LORD say,"The LORD will surely separate me from His people."Nor let the eunuch say, "Behold, I am a dry tree." 4 For thus says the LORD,"To the eunuchs who keep My sabbaths,And choose what pleases Me,And hold fast My covenant, 5 To them I will give in My house and within My walls a memorial,And a name better than that of sons and daughters;I will give them an everlasting name which will not be cut off. 6 "Also the foreigners who join themselves to the LORD,To minister to Him, and to love the name of the LORD,To be His servants, every one who keeps from profaning the sabbathAnd holds fast My covenant; 7 Even those I will bring to My holy mountainAnd make them joyful in My house of prayer.Their burnt offerings and their sacrifices will be acceptable on My altar;For My house will be called a house of prayer for all the peoples." 8 The Lord GOD, who gathers the dispersed of Israel, declares,"Yet others I will gather to them, to those already gathered." 9 All you beasts of the field,All you beasts in the forest,Come to eat. 10 His watchmen are blind,All of them know nothing.All of them are mute dogs unable to bark,Dreamers lying down, who love to slumber; 11 And the dogs are greedy, they are not satisfied.And they are shepherds who have no understanding;They have all turned to their own way,Each one to his unjust gain, to the last one. 12 "Come," they say, "let us get wine, and let us drink heavily of strong drink;And tomorrow will be like today, only more so."

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
That's talking about gentile converts to Judaism as it says "one who has joined himself".

Cornelius was a "Gentile at the gate" meaning he was not circumcised. A full proselyte had to go thru circumcision.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

God's Truth

Paul refused to circumcise Titus.

Circumcision of the flesh is now mutilation of the flesh. That is what Paul says.

God does NOT command circumcision of the flesh anymore, only circumcision of the heart.

Do you know how to have your heart circumcised?

God's Truth

That's talking about gentile converts to Judaism as it says "one who has joined himself".

Cornelius was a "Gentile at the gate" meaning he was not circumcised. A full proselyte had to go thru circumcision.

You are right about Cornelius. Cornelius must not have been circumcised, and did not follow all the purification/ceremonial works of the law to makes oneself clean because Peter said it was not lawful for him to be in Cornelius' house, according to the old law.

Acts 10:28 He said to them: "You are well aware that it is against our law for a Jew to associate with or visit a Gentile. But God has shown me that I should not call anyone impure or unclean.

JonahofAkron

Circumcision of the flesh is now mutilation of the flesh. That is what Paul says.

God does NOT command circumcision of the flesh anymore, only circumcision of the heart.

Do you know how to have your heart circumcised?
Nope. Trying to earn salvation by joining Judaism was the problem. Paul circumcised Timothy. Come on. Acts 16.

And before you make mention of the phrase 'because of the Jews there', keep in mind that if Paul that is was sinful to do something, he would call you out on it. Ask Peter. If he thought it would be sinful to get circumcised, he would have said so. He does not. He endorses it in appropriate situations.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Jews are still required to be circumcised because of the Abrahamic covenant. Not because of the Mosaic covenant. A believing Jew needs to be circumcised in obedience with the Abrahamic covenant. That's why Tim was and Titus was not.

Jewish believers are the Remnant of Israel.

God's Truth

Nope. Trying to earn salvation by joining Judaism was the problem. Paul circumcised Timothy. Come on. Acts 16.

And before you make mention of the phrase 'because of the Jews there', keep in mind that if Paul that is was sinful to do something, he would call you out on it. Ask Peter. If he thought it would be sinful to get circumcised, he would have said so. He does not. He endorses it in appropriate situations.

Paul only circumcised Timothy so he could take Timothy with him to try and convert the Jews.

Acts 16:3 Paul wanted to take him along on the journey, so he circumcised him because of the Jews who lived in that area, for they all knew that his father was a Greek.