What does God's Holy Law Demand?

God's Truth

The Jews were supposed to give up the law and live by grace like Paul and the rest of the apostles but we all know how that worked out. There is no such thing as a law/grace gospel.

There is a NEW LAW for those who are in Christ Jesus.

The new law is the old law with some changes, see Hebrews 7:12.

Hebrews 7:12 For when the priesthood is changed, the law must be changed also.

We have that new law written on our hearts and minds when we are saved.

God's Truth

The law of grace IS NOT: "I don't have to obey anything God said anymore all I have to do is say I believe."

Nowhere anywhere in the Holy Bible does it say that.

In fact, from John the baptizer to Paul, we are told of MANY THINGS TO OBEY.

Tricked and fooled people need to get released from the devil's snare.

God's Truth

From Luke and Matthew. (Luke 16:16)(Matthew 11:13)

That is because Jesus FULFILLED the law by his coming, dying, resurrecting, and ascending.

Jesus made a new law, it is the old law with some changes.

The old law is not gone, it is just changed and fulfilled in Christ.

God's Truth

And I hope you do.
You are evil. I was speaking about those ensnared to teach we do not have to obey Jesus.

You are a bitter root who is defiled and trying to defile many.

You do not recognize the truth that Jesus came before Genesis and the day of rest.

NicodemusR

It means being subject to the Law of Moses that ended before Jesus began his ministry. The "law" is a strawman.

If the law ended before Jesus began his ministry, how does this square this with the beginning of the Sermon on the Mount where Jesus said that he had not come to abolish the law? I am sure you know the verses, so I don't need to quote them, but just to note that Jesus continues in that section to say that whoever relax even the least of the commandments of the law will be called least in the kingdom of heaven. So he clearly had the expectation that his disciples would continue to teach the law (actually Torah).

In a nutshell I don't believe that "under the law" means "subject to the law" but I think it means "under the condemnation of the law" since this makes most sense of the context. But happy to discuss.

God's Truth

So much confusion because there are many who will not humble themselves.

Jesus fulfilled the law means the old law with it's purification/ceremonial works were about Jesus.

Jesus fulfilled those things by coming, teaching, dying, being raised, and ascending to heaven.

NicodemusR

Agreed, much confusion, and I'm not saying I've sorted it all.
But I have come to the conclusion that Jesus didn't abolish the law, not one iota of it.
If that were true, and love was all that mattered, we can all do what we want on the basis that it's loving.
But love must have a framework, and it's the law of God which gives this framework.
I know that adultery etc is unloving because the law tells me so.
Jesus fulfilled these things, but he didn't abolish them.
Certainly Jesus in his life fulfilled all aspects of the law, but that doesn't mean he abolished them.
But the reason why ceremonial aspects of the law aren't relevant to me isn't because Jesus abolished them, but because I am a gentile.

Robert Pate

Banned
Which makes the new law a different law than the old law. We have to keep up. Things change.

GT does not have the truth.

There are no new laws. Jesus is the end and the fulfillment of the Old Covenant and the law. Jesus fulfilled the law and then abolished it, Ephesians 2:15.

chair

The Jews were supposed to give up the law and live by grace like Paul and the rest of the apostles but we all know how that worked out. There is no such thing as a law/grace gospel.

What you mean is "according to Christians, the Jews were supposed to give up the law and live by grace..." Being as we are not adherents of the Christian faith, we don't care much about what you think we ought to do.