ECT What constitutes it being the Body of Christ?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Spirits, Nang? What part to people have to play in this understanding? I am asking about a body, not spirits. Jesus isn't coming for spirits. The Word did not take up residence in a spirit but, a body. Likewise Jesus inhabitants bodies, not spirits.

Perhaps the question should be whose bodies is Jesus now inhabiting?

The Holy Spirit dwells in those who have placed their total
faith in Christ as their Savior, been sealed and baptized by
the Holy Spirit into the "Body of Christ!" Not a water baptism,
I might add!

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Though I already know, what constitutes being a Christian isn't what I am asking.

Very poor representation these days, wouldn't you say?

But lets cut to the reason for the OP:

Regardless of what we believe the church or body of Christ to be, I think we can both agree the CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST __HIS BODY, is a multi-membered physical body. Correct? If so, then what is the prerequisite for the one single person that he be included as one who, originally, turned the whole world upside down? What does he have in common with Jesus Christ?

Christ's Mediatorship, representing His elect in His Incarnation, death, and bodily resurrection, guarantees their being named members of His invisible church.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
The bodily resurrection works a change of glorification.

I John 3:2-3; I Corinthians 15:48-54

Cross Reference

Jesus doesn't have a physical body

we are all part of Jesus
but
in the end some of us will be removed

I really don't want to go in circles with this but this is too simple not to at least, as onetime offering, post up for your understanding and do with what you will, chrysotom:

Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have." Luke 24:39 (KJV)
(KJV)

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I really don't want to go in circles with this but this is too simple not to at least, as onetime offering, post up for your understanding and do with what you will, chrysotom:

Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have." Luke 24:39 (KJV)
(KJV)

You chose a good verse!

andyc

Yeah the body of Christ is the church. Similar to Adam and Eve in the garden. Christ is the second Adam, and Eve is the bride taken out of the second Adam.
The two shall become one. He who is joined to the Lord is one Spirit with him.
The bride (like a physical body) is made of many parts, but the head is Christ.

Cross Reference

Yeah the body of Christ is the church. Similar to Adam and Eve in the garden. Christ is the second Adam, and Eve is the bride taken out of the second Adam.
The two shall become one. He who is joined to the Lord is one Spirit with him.
The bride (like a physical body) is made of many parts, but the head is Christ.

Which church, andy?

BTW, I am still waiting for you "help me out" with how you relate unknown languages to be for the Israelites who still won't "get it" per your Isaiah reference.