ECT What constitutes it being the Body of Christ?

andyc

Why are you fumbling around in the old testament. Come out of there if you want to know about faith.

Cross Reference

Why are you fumbling around in the old testament. Come out of there if you want to know about faith.

Fumbling?? Without the Old we wouldn't have the New. The Old explains the New __ or have you forgotten that? If you want to know the ways of God you will give it more of your attention.

andyc

Fumbling?? Without the Old we wouldn't have the New. The Old explains the New __ or have you forgotten that? If you want to know the ways of God you will give it more of your attention.

The way of relationship between God and man are dependent on the specific covenant in place at the time. Grace through faith is revealed in the new covenant.

DAN P

Those verses are unrelated.
The seal of ownership is solely a work of the Holy Spirit, and the only requirement is to believe.

Ephesians 1:13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise,

Hi , and Eph 1:13 is not Pentecostalism , so why are you quoting Pauline Dispensationalism ?
Acts 2 does not say anything about sealing and in Acts 2:47 the Greek word for ADDING is in the gREEK Imperfect Tense , meanig that the LORD was doing the ADDING to that EKKLESIA and not Peter or the 12 , and the " ADDING " stopped before aCTS 28:28 !!

I say that you are very Dis-honest and a BLOVIATOR !!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

DAN P

andyc

Hi , and Eph 1:13 is not Pentecostalism ,

You figured that out by yourself?
Well done LOL

so why are you quoting Pauline Dispensationalism ?

I'm not.
I'm quoting Paul. LOL

Acts 2 does not say anything about sealing and in Acts 2:47

No it doesn't. It doesn't mention anything about Reese's Peanut Butter cups either.

the Greek word for ADDING is in the gREEK Imperfect Tense , meanig that the LORD was doing the ADDING to that EKKLESIA and not Peter or the 12 , and the " ADDING " stopped before aCTS 28:28 !!

I say that you are very Dis-honest and a BLOVIATOR !!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Made up.

Cross Reference

The way of relationship between God and man are dependent on the specific covenant in place at the time. Grace through faith is revealed in the new covenant.

And both covenants conclude with the same results because of Jesus Christ ___ Who "set the captives free".

andyc

And both covenants conclude with the same results because of Jesus Christ ___ Who "set the captives free".

We're not talking about the conclusion. We're talking about what the bible says we can have here and now in the current dispensation, which is a covenant that is based on better promises than the first covenant.

Cross Reference

We're not talking about the conclusion. We're talking about what the bible says we can have here and now in the current dispensation, which is a covenant that is based on better promises than the first covenant.

No question about it being a better covenant but the requirement remains the same, i.e., Love God with all you heart, soul, mind and strength. Again, you have this being all about escaping hell and damnation __ it isn't and it being an issue of dispensing time has nothing to do with it because in the "fulness of time", when things were ready, what was promised to Abraham was fulfilled because of his "faithfulness". Lets move on.

Is the Body of Christ a singular entity or a make up of just any ol' kind of believer?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Those verses are unrelated.
The seal of ownership is solely a work of the Holy Spirit, and the only requirement is to believe.

Ephesians 1:13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise,

Hi.

If we read that verse carefully it is not saying one is sealed simply by first believing.

That is the MAD position and it is false.

Men receive the Holy spirit, and only after being set apart from their former way of life by their obedience to the word of God which takes time, are they then sealed.

The 144000 of Rev.ch 14 are sealed because they have become as described in the verses and the contents of Ephesians says the same thing.

Rev 14:3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.
Rev 14:4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.
Rev 14:5 And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.

You will find all of these things mentioned in the gospels and letters and they refer to the Christians, the Bride of Christ, His Body.

Eph 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
Eph 5:24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
Eph 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, Eph 5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish. Eph 5:28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
Eph 5:29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
Eph 5:30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
Eph 5:31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
Eph 5:32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

The only believers to be involved in the last witness of the 3.5 years are these sealed ones of Rev.ch 14. the others cop it.

Rev 9:4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.

The sealing is not at the same instant of receiving the Holy Spirit.

LA

andyc

Hi.

If we read that verse carefully it is not saying one is sealed simply by first believing.

That is the MAD position and it is false.

Men receive the Holy spirit, and only after being set apart from their former way of life by their obedience to the word of God which takes time, are they then sealed.

The 144000 of Rev.ch 14 are sealed because they have become as described in the verses and the contents of Ephesians says the same thing.

Rev 14:3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.
Rev 14:4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.
Rev 14:5 And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.

You will find all of these things mentioned in the gospels and letters and they refer to the Christians, the Bride of Christ, His Body.

Eph 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
Eph 5:24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
Eph 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, Eph 5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish. Eph 5:28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
Eph 5:29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
Eph 5:30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
Eph 5:31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
Eph 5:32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

The only believers to be involved in the last witness of the 3.5 years are these sealed ones of Rev.ch 14. the others cop it.

Rev 9:4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.

The sealing is not at the same instant of receiving the Holy Spirit.

LA

The Seal is the Holy Spirit indwelling the believer. Either he is in you or he isn't. I think the mads understand the seal as like being zipped up in a zip lock bag. Sealed like a can of tomatoes LOL
And so they interpret it as once a person is well and truly sealed, it is for eternity. However, sealing has to do with God's stamp of ownership, which is in place when we believe. And we must continue to believe to remain sealed.

DAN P

Hi , and where is that verse that Grace is revealed in the New Covenant as Eph 1:12 says that the Gentiles have no Covenant , BUSTED AGAIN !!:bang::bang:

LOL HERE !!:baby::baby:

dan p

DAN P

You figured that out by yourself?
Well done LOL

I'm not.
I'm quoting Paul. LOL

Hi and have you figured out Eph 3:2 , yet ??:rotfl::rotfl:

You did not quote Paul as all you writing are a Figure of Speech !!

dan p

andyc

Hi and have you figured out Eph 3:2 , yet ??:rotfl::rotfl:

You did not quote Paul as all you writing are a Figure of Speech !!

dan p

You appear to be talking about Paul's gospel to the gentiles where they fast track to God, avoiding the Mosaic law. This is also my gospel to the gentiles revealed to me.

Figured this out nearly 25 years ago.

Cross Reference

The Seal is the Holy Spirit indwelling the believer. Either he is in you or he isn't. I think the mads understand the seal as like being zipped up in a zip lock bag. Sealed like a can of tomatoes LOL
And so they interpret it as once a person is well and truly sealed, it is for eternity. However, sealing has to do with God's stamp of ownership, which is in place when we believe. And we must continue to believe to remain sealed.

It is the seal of the Holy Spirit indwelling the born again believer (cf John 20:22) __ which was the resulting reason for the ministry of Jesus Christ, redemption being the necessity upon which a new born of God will build his life as a new creature.

andyc

It is the seal of the Holy Spirit indwelling the born again believer (cf John 20:22) __ which was the resulting reason for the ministry of Jesus Christ, redemption being the necessity upon which a new born of God will build his life as a new creature.

What does this even mean?

Cross Reference

I wrote:

What does this even mean?

I was trying to give the main mission the Word was sent in flesh, with redemption being the new foundation upon the new born man is to build his life.

andyc

I wrote:

I was trying to give the main mission the Word was sent in flesh, with redemption being the new foundation upon the new born man is to build his life.

Redemption / salvation is through faith in Christ. This leads to the receiving of the Holy Spirit / regeneration / born again.

Cross Reference

Redemption / salvation is through faith in Christ. This leads to the receiving of the Holy Spirit / regeneration / born again.

Leads to but, since Jesus does the choosing, does not necessarily result in it because the cost is high. I mean, I love Jesus but I also love my worldly life. __ Know any so-called born again Christians like that?

OMT: There is no redemption/salvation by faith. Only salvation by faith.

andyc

Leads to but, since Jesus does the choosing, does not necessarily result in it because the cost is high. I mean, I love Jesus but I also love my worldly life. __ Know any so-called born again Christians like that?

Either there's faith or there isn't.
You're being extremely vague about what is the requirement for salvation. The requirement is simply to believe on Jesus for the forgiveness of sins.