What Are You Listening To Now VII

Arthur Brain

She really is mesmerizing, the way her expressions move across her face makes (for me, anyway) everyone else fade into the background.

Unfortunately I couldn't play your video, so here's one that'll play here:

The way she can veer from almost child like playfulness to utterly lethal killer is brilliantly portrayed and her expressions are as you say. Everyone else involved is good but she pretty much makes the show.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
The way she can veer from almost child like playfulness to utterly lethal killer is brilliantly portrayed and her expressions are as you say. Everyone else involved is good but she pretty much makes the show.

There was a scene in a car where she was having to put on a front for someone and then she turns her face to the window where he can't see, and her face said "ugh..." so fleeting - yet eloquently that I chuckled, because I've been in that place before... :chuckle:

Arthur Brain

Gonna have to listen to this entire suite in full again as it's a gem from start to finish and Neptune and Mars were always faves for different reasons, but there's a resonance of the otherworldly throughout and intoxicating harmonies.

Mars The Bringer Of War

Arthur Brain

Oh, excellent... :) I've finished it on Prime, enjoy... lots to hash out afterwards.

Well, I certainly enjoyed it overall. I think there was more emphasis on comedy in this season, especially with some of the people that Villanelle kills as they're pretty much asking for it and you're just waiting for it to happen and how. Jodie Comer is equally as brilliant as she was in the first series and somehow makes her shallow psychopath character someone you can both loathe and find appealing depending. No mean feat. It was a nice touch that her former "handler" was back in the mix after thinking he'd been killed in the first season. There's always good interplay between them. I liked some of the soundtrack as well so will post some in a while, it is a "listening" thread after all...

:D

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Well, I certainly enjoyed it overall. I think there was more emphasis on comedy in this season, especially with some of the people that Villanelle kills as they're pretty much asking for it and you're just waiting for it to happen and how. Jodie Comer is equally as brilliant as she was in the first series and somehow makes her shallow psychopath character someone you can both loathe and find appealing depending. No mean feat. It was a nice touch that her former "handler" was back in the mix after thinking he'd been killed in the first season. There's always good interplay between them. I liked some of the soundtrack as well so will post some in a while, it is a "listening" thread after all...

:D

Yeah, I liked him too. :)

Here's a list if it'll help: Killing Eve Music Soundtrack

Quite the ending scene, and yet not at all surprising.