What am I?

Anto9us

By the time we get halfway through the Book of Acts -- Paul is Top Dog among apostles -- and Peter is not even Head Honcho of Jerusalem Church - James is.

Paul jumped on Peter and chastised him - when Peter flip-flopped on eating with Gentiles when "certain of James" arrived at Antioch.

Anto9us

Was it GOD'S SOVEREIGN WILL that Paul opposed Peter to his face for being SKEERT of "the James Gang"??

Dan Emanuel

oh cut me a little slack
this guy is too good to be true
but
somehow I believe he is real
who could have fabricated this?
It must have been me. :banana:

Of course, I object to the word "fabrication" because of it's connotations, that are not true.

Daniel

Dan Emanuel

Scripture please, wherein Yeshua laid hands on and anointed Peter to be the Head of the Church on earth.
"Feed My sheep." ==>Jesus Christ to Peter
Yeshua never did this so why establish a tradition when the first in the line is not established in Scripture?
The traditions been established, from the first century...while John the Apostle still lived and breathed.
The established tradition of the Aaronic priesthood is over with our Priest in the order of Melchizedek.

We have each been given the commission, Dan, not just to spread God's message but also to feed and uplift one another.
We were not all given Peters commission. Even among all the Apostles who were they're when it happened, our Lord singled out Peter to "Feed."
So why seek to establish Peter as an earthly shepherd of greater importance than the rest of the Body when we have but One Shepherd in Whom we are to remain?
Because Jesus our 1 Shepherd said to.

Daniel

Dan Emanuel

Aw you don't think li'l Totty is a wolfette do you?
No. Your a sheep, for sure.
I can deliver a sharp nip but I rarely tear anybody apart.

People as don't believe in human freewill do positively believe in GOD'S sovereign will....how will that make them wolves?
We are free to choose Christ. The opposite idea is false. Believing the opposite idea doesn't make a sheep into a wolf, it's just a wolf's doctrine.

Daniel

Dan Emanuel

By the time we get halfway through the Book of Acts -- Paul is Top Dog among apostles -- and Peter is not even Head Honcho of Jerusalem Church - James is.

Paul jumped on Peter and chastised him - when Peter flip-flopped on eating with Gentiles when "certain of James" arrived at Antioch.
They'res no record of any successor to any other Apostle besides Peter. Not even John, and he died much later on.

Daniel

Anto9us

It IS a serious question.

Peter SHOULD HAVE BEEN the one to staunchly defend the "Gentiles have just as much right to this gospel as we Jews"

He got the initial revelation from Holy Ghost on Cornelius' rooftop

And Peter pulled back from what he had been doing when "certain of James" arrived at Antioch

Peter MESSED UP

Paul blasted him for it

Anto9us

Gal 2:9

And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

Gal 2:10

Only they would that we should remember the poor; the same which I also was forward to do.

Gal 2:11

But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.

Gal 2:12

For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself,

fearing them which were of the circumcision.

Gal 2:13

And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation.

Anto9us

It IS a great story.

There was a made-for-TV movie a while back -- 2 2hr shows
about PETER and PAUL

Apostle Paul was played by Anthony Hopkins

IMJerusha

"Feed My sheep." ==>Jesus Christ to Peter

Yes, three times, once for each of Peter's denials of Yeshua. That's not a commission but rather a restoration. So again, Scripture please, wherein Yeshua laid hands on and anointed Peter to be the Head of the Church on earth.

The traditions been established, from the first century...while John the Apostle still lived and breathed.

You know what Yeshua had to say about the traditions of man which went contrary to God's Will? There was never any tradition of Peter as Head of the Church established by Yeshua. That's because Yeshua is the Head of the Church both on earth and in Heaven and that was established in Genesis.

We were not all given Peters commission.

You have not yet established Peter's commission as anything different than that to the other disciples as recorded in Matthew 28.

Even among all the Apostles who were they're when it happened, our Lord singled out Peter to "Feed."
Because Jesus our 1 Shepherd said to.
Daniel

You are latching onto the word "feed" as a sole instruction to Peter when it was not. Consider Paul's words to the Corinthians, "And I, brethren, could not speak to you as to spiritual men, but as to men of flesh, as to infants in Christ, gave you milk to drink, not solid food; for you were not yet able to receive it. Indeed, even now you are not yet able, for you are still fleshly. For since there is jealousy and strife among you, are you not fleshly, and are you not walking like mere men?" or Jude's words in verse 12, "These people are blemishes at your love feasts, eating with you without the slightest qualm--shepherds who feed only themselves. They are clouds without rain, blown along by the wind; autumn trees, without fruit and uprooted--twice dead."
It is the Ruach which feeds us and we are commissioned to share our food with everyone. Matthew 28:18-20 "Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
This is the only Commission any of us received and the irrefutable record of Who has all earthly authority.

Dan Emanuel

it's a great story
Its the only story with no hole's in it. Everybody else has a story full of hole's like Peters fishing net is full of hole's, but Peters story catches every last fish that fall's through everybody elses fishing net. He has caught every single 1 of them.

They say "Peter messed up." We all know that. They mean "Peter can't be our pastor, because Peter messed up."

They think they've got a point. They think their right. "What a sinner Peter was!" they croon, "Peter made every mistake." What me and you and everyone who know's who Peter is know's, is that in making there "point," they are also making the following, utterly blasphemous point.

Jesus messed up.

When shown this, they will stoop to the appalling level of denying entirely that Jesus chose Peter as the ground upon which He built His Church. Jesus told His future Apostles to build upon rock. Then before them all, He said something about an "Ekklesia" and said it would be on Simon, whom He had renamed --right then --"Rock." "Upon this Rock I will build My Ekklesia."

Whats an "Ekklesia?" Great question. Whatever it is, we know it will be "built on" Peter. Wheres Peter? Peter died, but he immediately was succeeded. His post was filled by Linus, and then by Anacletus and then by Clement. None of the other Apostles had a post filled by a successor, which means that Peters successor is not a successor to his Apostleship, but only to his pastorship, the Supreme Pastorship of the 1 true Church of Jesus Christ.

So we found Peter! So define Ekklesia. Peter already did. Its everybody who believes in --not Peter, but Jesus.

Daniel