ECT WHAT ACTS 2:28 REALLY MEANS !!

God's Truth

John 5:21 For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son gives life to whom he is pleased to give it.

Jesus gives life to those he is pleased to give it, to those he accepts.

Jesus who knows are hearts will save us after we get his teachings and obey them.

See John 14:23, Acts 5:32, Acts 10:35.

turbosixx

John 5:21 For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son gives life to whom he is pleased to give it.

Jesus gives life to those he is pleased to give it, to those he accepts.

Jesus who knows are hearts will save us after we get his teachings and obey them.

See John 14:23, Acts 5:32, Acts 10:35.

I agree

turbosixx

I am glad we can agree about so much.

However, please think about it more about being saved at the exact time of a water baptism.

I do agree with you on many things, but this is one I have spent a lot of time thinking about because baptism is becoming extinct and I don't see that as God's plan. Doesn't it make sense that Satan would confuse us about what puts us into Christ.

Gal. 3:27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.

God's Truth

I do agree with you on many things, but this is one I have spent a lot of time thinking about because baptism is becoming extinct and I don't see that as God's plan. Doesn't it make sense that Satan would confuse us about what puts us into Christ.

Gal. 3:27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.

Don't confuse being baptized with the Holy Spirit with water baptism.

God's Truth

We are clothed with Christ when we obey.

God's Truth

There are scriptures where people were saved and received the Holy Spirit WITHOUT A WATER BAPTISM.

There are many scriptures that tell us Jesus saves us and gives us the Holy Spirit when he accepts us, because he knows our heart, and after we obey.

turbosixx

Obeying all of teachings are required.

So you don't believe water baptism saves us.

Read God's words, not mine.

21 and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ,

God's Truth

Why don't you acknowledge that Cornelius and his whole household were saved without a water baptism?

Why don't you acknowledge that the Samaritans in Acts 8 were merely baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus and nothing happened?

God's Truth

16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

"And is" past tense

As I explained to you before that Apostle WAS WATER BAPTIZING at the time the people were hearing the truth and were agreeing with the message that saves.

It just does not happen very often like that anymore.

It is not easy hearing the truth anymore.

It is not like the times of the Apostles.

We have to search for God's Truth.

turbosixx

Why don't you acknowledge that Cornelius and his whole household were saved without a water baptism?

Why don't you acknowledge that the Samaritans in Acts 8 were merely baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus and nothing happened?

Because you won’t acknowledge that Cornelius was a special situation and the Samaritans were added to the body, they just didn’t receive spiritual gifts that are received by the apostles hands.

turbosixx

It just does not happen very often like that anymore.

Why not? I believe because the truth has been perverted. For example:

In the garden.
God: ‘you shall surely die”
Satan: “you shall not surely die”

Today:
God: “baptism that now saves you”
Satan: “baptism cannot save you”

turbosixx

I would suggest to you that this is a special situation, the first Gentile converts, and we do not receive the Holy Spirit in this way. At this point the Jews were not aware of the mystery; that the Gentiles would be fellow heirs with them, Eph. 3:5-6. Peter never would have preached to Gentiles and certainly not baptize them without being convinced by God. God used Cornelius to prove to the Jews that the Gentiles should be included and he gives them irrefutable proof by giving them the Holy Spirit backing up the Peter’s vision.
Acts 10: 28 He said to them: “You are well aware that it is against our law for a Jew to associate with or visit a Gentile. But God has shown me that I should not call anyone impure or unclean..

By this time, thousands have been converted but Peter says the HS fell on them “as on us at the beginning.”
Acts 11:15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning.
It stuck out to him because he hadn’t seen this happen except at the beginning. If you will notice, these are the only two places where the bible says people were “baptized with the Holy Spirit”, the apostles to kick off preaching the gospel and the first Gentile converts.

God's Truth

Because you won’t acknowledge that Cornelius was a special situation

You cannot lessen the truth by calling it a special situation.

and the Samaritans were added to the body, they just didn’t receive spiritual gifts that are received by the apostles hands.

No way, for the Holy Spirit adds us to the body.

There were merely baptized into the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and nothing happened.