God's Truth

Why not? I believe because the truth has been perverted. For example:

In the garden.
God: ‘you shall surely die”
Satan: “you shall not surely die”

Today:
God: “baptism that now saves you”
Satan: “baptism cannot save you”

Baptism of the Holy Spirit saves, and water baptism is symbolic of that.

turbosixx

Baptism of the Holy Spirit saves, and water baptism is symbolic of that.

You just won't face that you don't believe God's word as written.

21 and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ,

Am I adding words or taking them away? Out of context?

Danoh

So you don't believe water baptism saves us.

Read God's words, not mine.

21 and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ,

Even though that is talking to Israel, the question still remains - does that passage say the water baptism saves you or that the water symbolizes baptism that now saves you?

Does it say that the removal of dirt from the Body - an OT cleansing ritual - does the passage say that the removal of dirt from the body that the water accomplishes saves you?

Does it say that the water ritual is symbolic of the pledge of a clear conscience toward God?

Does it say that the baptism the water is symbolic of saves you by the resurrection of Christ?

What you are both doing is wanting the passages to say what you want them to.

Today, why does a new believer ask what the water baptism is all about?

Why don't Jews ask what it is all about in the NT?

Which of you has studied Israel's water cleansing rituals and "divers baptisms" in the OT?

Which of you has considered that Acts is a book about a transition?

And that one does not build a doctrine on a transition?

Acts 9 Dispensationalism, aka Mid-Acts, for example, is not really based on Acts 9:6. Rather, on what Romans thru Philemon says about it all. For example, Romans 11:11.

God's Truth

You just won't face that you don't believe God's word as written.

Am I adding words or taking them away? Out of context?

The scripture PLAINLY SAYS and this water SYMBOLIZES baptism that now saves you.

Water baptism is symbolic.

God's Truth

I showed you a scripture that says "baptism that now saves you" will you show me one that says the HS saves?

God saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit. See Titus 3:5.

We are washed, sanctified, and justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God. See 1 Corinthians 6:11

We are saved through the sanctifying work of the Spirit and through belief in the truth. See 2 Thessalonians 2:13.

We become an offering acceptable to God, sanctified by the Holy Spirit. See Romans 15:16.

Danoh

That doesn't SAY Holy Spirit saves us as the scripture I quoted.

and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you

You DON"T BELIEVE baptism saves.

Question is - and it went right past both of you - what baptism that saves is it that this Israelite water ritual symbolizes?

God's Truth

That doesn't SAY Holy Spirit saves us as the scripture I quoted.

and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you

You DON"T BELIEVE baptism saves.

Titus 3:5 He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit,

You are resisting the truth.

turbosixx

God saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit. See Titus 3:5.

We are washed, sanctified, and justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God. See 1 Corinthians 6:11

We are saved through the sanctifying work of the Spirit and through belief in the truth. See 2 Thessalonians 2:13.

We become an offering acceptable to God, sanctified by the Holy Spirit. See Romans 15:16.

I agree with all of those but can't you see it's water and Spirit.

washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit

washed, sanctified, and justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God

Am I wrong to believe and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you?

God's Truth

I agree with all of those but can't you see it's water and Spirit.

washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit

washed, sanctified, and justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God

Am I wrong to believe and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you?

The washing is done by the Holy Spirit NOT THE water.

turbosixx

Question is - and it went right past both of you - what baptism that saves is it that this Israelite water ritual symbolizes?

I disagree. Looking at the context he uses those saved in the flood to show that the water of baptism saves us also.

20 to those who were disobedient long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water, 21 and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ,

"this water" is referring to the waters of the flood.

turbosixx

The washing is done by the Holy Spirit NOT THE water.

I agree but it is done at baptism.

38Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.