ECT WHAT ACTS 2:28 REALLY MEANS !!

turbosixx

You lie about me.

I say to get water baptized, and they say we do not have to do it.

I gave scripture and posted them without the scripture references. You went against the Word of God.

Your right I’m sorry, I meant your arguments are the exact same as theirs. I talked to a guy once who had been a Christian for years and wasn’t baptized. He refused to get baptized because it couldn’t save him. He used the same logic you use to show how he was saved without water.

God's Truth

Your right I’m sorry, I meant your arguments are the exact same as theirs. I talked to a guy once who had been a Christian for years and wasn’t baptized. He refused to get baptized because it couldn’t save him. He used the same logic you use to show how he was saved without water.

You are trying to slander me. You compare me with people who say we do not have to get water baptized. What you are doing is evil and not from God.

turbosixx

You are trying to slander me. You compare me with people who say we do not have to get water baptized. What you are doing is evil and not from God.

Sorry for my poor choice of words, I'm not trying to slander you. If I understand you correctly, you view baptism as a command and therefore a sin if you don't do it. Is that correct?

Danoh

Sorry for my poor choice of words, I'm not trying to slander you. If I understand you correctly, you view baptism as a command and therefore a sin if you don't do it. Is that correct?

The baptism being referred to in Romans 6 is 1 Corinthians 12: 13's baptism by the Spirit into Christ.

All the water in the world can't pull that off.

And, you will soon tire of GT. She is consistently obtuse.

It is what it is with some.

Danoh

How do you know Romans 6 it's not water?

Both the Romans 6 ad the 1 Corinthians 12 passages assert baptism into Christ.

And Romans is talking about having been baptized into His death with Him, and then resurrected in newness of life with Him.

That baptism is this one: Speaking of His coming death, prior to His coming wrath at some point after His resurrection, the Lord noted in Luke 12:

49. I am come to send fire on the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled?
50. But I have a baptism to be baptized with; and how am I straitened till it be accomplished!

Note what He underwent as He contemplated that baptism that so had Him "straightened" - Luke 22:

41. And he was withdrawn from them about a stone's cast, and kneeled down, and prayed,
42. Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.
43. And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him.
44. And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground.

Romans 6 is the Body member's Identification into His baptism unto death; even the death of the Cross, by the Spirit:

Galatians 2:

19. For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.
20. I am crucified with Christ: neverthless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

How is he dead to the Law through the Law?

Romans 7:

4. Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring
forth fruit unto God.

5. For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.
6. But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

That is Romans 6:

1. What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
2. God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
3. Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
4. Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
5. For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
6. Knowing this, that our old man B crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

7. For he that is dead is freed from sin.
8. Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
9. Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.
10. For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
11. Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Colossians 2:

12. Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
13. And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

This faith of the operation of God is the Spirit's work - 1 Corinthians 12:

12. For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
13. For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

This is a spiritual baptism the eye does not see, nor that the senses perceive. We know it has taken place because the passages inform us it has.

Ephesians 2:

4. But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
5. Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, [by grace ye are saved;]
6. And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
7. That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

And guess what?

Ephesians 4:

4. There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
5. One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
6. One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

turbosixx

Both the Romans 6 ad the 1 Corinthians 12 passages assert baptism into Christ.

And Romans is talking about having been baptized into His death with Him, and then resurrected in newness of life with Him.

That baptism is this one: Speaking of His coming death, prior to His coming wrath at some point after His resurrection, the Lord noted in Luke 12:

49. I am come to send fire on the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled?
50. But I have a baptism to be baptized with; and how am I straitened till it be accomplished!

Note what He underwent as He contemplated that baptism that so had Him "straightened" - Luke 22:

41. And he was withdrawn from them about a stone's cast, and kneeled down, and prayed,
42. Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.
43. And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him.
44. And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground.

Romans 6 is the Body member's Identification into His baptism unto death; even the death of the Cross, by the Spirit:

Galatians 2:

19. For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.
20. I am crucified with Christ: neverthless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

How is he dead to the Law through the Law?

Romans 7:

4. Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring
forth fruit unto God.

5. For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.
6. But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

That is Romans 6:

1. What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
2. God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
3. Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
4. Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
5. For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
6. Knowing this, that our old man B crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

7. For he that is dead is freed from sin.
8. Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
9. Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.
10. For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
11. Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Colossians 2:

12. Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
13. And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

This faith of the operation of God is the Spirit's work - 1 Corinthians 12:

12. For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
13. For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

This is a spiritual baptism the eye does not see, nor that the senses perceive. We know it has taken place because the passages inform us it has.

Ephesians 2:

4. But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
5. Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, [by grace ye are saved;]
6. And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
7. That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

And guess what?

Ephesians 4:

4. There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
6. One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

That’s one way to look at it, but that total ignores scripture about water baptism. It’s clear that Jesus instructed the apostles to baptize the believers in his name. I think we can both agree that is water baptism.
Matt. 28: 19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

We see the apostles teach baptism and the people being baptized in response to the message.
Acts 2: 38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
We see someone taught Jesus asking about baptism.
Acts 8: 35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus. 36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

As Acts 2:38 says, when we are baptized we receive the Holy Spirit. Paul understood that. Here he runs into some believers who have not received the Holy Spirit. What does he question as the reason, what they were taught? Did they really believe? No, he questions what he associates with the receiving the Holy Spirit, baptism.
Acts 19:2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost. 3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized?
If the Holy Spirit is what does the baptizing at belief, why would he ask this question?

And they said, Unto John's baptism. 4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus. 5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
Being baptized in the name of Lord Jesus is what places us in Christ, by the Holy Spirit, completing the conversion. That is why all conversions we see, that have any detail, end in baptism.

Romans 6 says, For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
And that agrees with what Peter says of water baptism.
1Pt. 3:20….eight souls were saved by water. 21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

We are buried with Christ when we are buried in the water of baptism and just as Jesus was resurrected, we come out of the water reborn (newness of life).
Rom. 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

turbosixx

1 Cor. 12:13 and Gal. 6:14.

13For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body,

Acts 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized:
and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

Who added those souls?

I don't see how Gal. 6:14 has anything to do with this. "even the death of the Cross, by the Spirit:"

turbosixx

Ephesians 4:

If the one baptism is "with the Holy Spirit", why do we see people being water baptized by the apostle of grace?
Acts 19:4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus. 5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Also, the bible says that baptism "with the Holy Spirit" only happened twice and each had a special purpose, the apostles and the first Gentiles. I know of no others.

God's Truth

You do not just have poor choice of words, you lie about me.

That is what I believe about not getting water baptized; It is as an unrepentant sin if you do not do it.

God's Truth

I'm hanging in there for now.

Of course, you would bond with another slanderer.

You speak against me, a person who preaches water baptism and you side with someone else that like you slanders me. You side with a person who speaks against water baptism.

You are not right in the heart. No amount of water will help you. You need to change your heart.

DAN P

Well done, spot on correct. They were given a murder indictment.

Hi and Acts 2:38 2 VIEWS , what is called the Near View and a FAR View , because " ye SHALL receive " is in thr Future Tense !!

#1 The Near view is when Peter tells them to Repent and receive the Power of the Holy Spirit and they did NOT Repent as a Nation !!

#2 , The FAR VIEW will happen durning the Great Tribulation and here the Nation will Repent !!

dan p

Interplanner

Hi and Acts 2:38 2 VIEWS , what is called the Near View and a FAR View , because " ye SHALL receive " is in thr Future Tense !!

#1 The Near view is when Peter tells them to Repent and receive the Power of the Holy Spirit and they did NOT Repent as a Nation !!

#2 , The FAR VIEW will happen durning the Great Tribulation and here the Nation will Repent !!

dan p

The only meaning or view is what was said right then about then for then. It was courageous and direct and compelling.

DAN P

The only meaning or view is what was said right then about then for then. It was courageous and direct and compelling.

Hi and this happens many times in the bible , an am sorry that you can NOT see Near or Far away , an hope you will get better !!:rotfl::rotfl:

dan p

God's Truth

I don't believe I have to be water baptized to be saved. A simple example would be Acts 10:43-47. Showing that those believers were given the holy spirit "just as we have" simply by hearing and believing (not by praying neither by being water baptized). It is then that they said "Who can keep them from being baptized with water?" SO, having said that read Ephesians 1:13-14. Having the holy spirit is a guarantee of the inheritance.

So in this case water baptism did not save them or had any part in it.

However in John 3:5 Jesus makes it a commandment to be born again of water and the spirit. And in Acts 1:5 he mentions that John truly baptized with water but he (jesus) will baptize with spirit. In 1 John 5:6 it shows salvation consisting of water/blood instead of just his crucifixion. So I believe it is referring to his baptism

You are badly mistaken for thinking we do not have to be water baptized. Even Paul was water baptized.

DAN P

You are badly mistaken for thinking we do not have to be water baptized. Even Paul was water baptized.

Hi and always when presenting your view it will help IF you present a verse also !!

Just to remind you , that the Greek word BAPTIZO / BAPTISM has many Transliterated meaning , like " washing , Idenification , baptizer , placing , just to mention a few !!

dan p