WE CANNOT LET THE CURE BE WORSE THAN THE PROBLEM ITSELF

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
...last I checked, NYC is part of the US. Even without NYS, the US is not doing well. Why is this so hard to grasp? The US is being hit, hard. It will get a lot worse before it gets better. It is a national problem, and a national failure. And it is not somebody else's fault.

My county in NYS has 48 confirmed 0 deaths

eider

Yes, mass graves in NYC. Hart Island. Potter's field.
9/11 was easier to get people united about. A foreign enemy is easier to unite around. The measures taken weren't that disruptive.
The virus is invisible, has no ideology, and, because of the time delay between infection and showing symptoms, tricky, misleading, and harder to comprehend as a threat.

All true.
In the UK we are doing our best to focus upon a unified support for our health service and health workers. And we mostly are following the isolation and lockdown measures.

The local beaches are empty, very few cars are out, all is quiet on Good Friday

It is so so strange.

God's Truth

That is what most of us think. He is the personification of our united thoughts and efforts at this time.
This is not politics or religion or culture here...... it is the support and security of our National Health Service and all the people who work within and around it.

We had our Thursday 8.00pm hand-clap for the NHS yesterday. Oh my! It's taken off. Rockets were going up in the sky, drums, a hunting horn, clapping, spoons banging pots........ people calling out. Everywhere and every direction. I looked far across the estuary to Essex during all this and could see rockets going up from there as well.

The last time that our people united about something was the week that Diana died.

You speak so kindly about Boris, and you are so disrespectful for the American's President. Shame on you.

God's Truth

Who..... Boris? Ha ha! Do you remember how he would often be invited on to 'Not the 9 o'clock News' ?? They used to set him up horribly and then just chuck some stuff at him out of the blue. And he could take it. I reckon that those sessions helped towards his ability to cope with just about anything that could be stuffed in his face. I wonder what that TV team think about all that now?

Look at your evil hypocrisy.

God's Truth

If this sickness rampages the US then it might have been assisted in its passage by the mixed messages being sent out by the President, imo.
As I watch his news presentations and listen to his adjectives like 'fantastic', 'tremendous', 'best', 'winning', and about his 'great' guys and 'wonderful advisers' I notice that he just does not tell the country exactly what it has got to do. And then he tells the country how he won't do this, or that, and how he thinks a policy could be relaxed, and then I wonder how this could affect the actions of the people..,.,...

Thank Heavens we have got a real 'darkest hour' leader. And 'No', I can't vote for Boris's general policies....... but this ain't a 'general situation'.

ok doser is right, you are a troll, and you should be banned.

God's Truth

There is an 8 minute film on IT about coronavirus, Trump and America. A mate sent it to me. I cannot link it it to you here because I expect that it might be censored in the US.

The most shockingly damning film I have ever seen.

What did your PM and country do to stop the virus?

What action did your PM take before Trump?

You are a re re.

God's Truth

I don't think the member that you replied to has really understood just how serious this pandemic really is.
Not long ago he described forecasts as shrieked hysteria or similar. He thought that some of us were beginning to talk about past disasters such as WWII..... he overlooked 9/11 as I remember.
He doesn't seem to understand that giving mixed messages to the people can break down a whole country's resolve to stay in, isolate and lockdown and this could be helping the virus to spread........ much further.

Today in the UK we were shown film of mass graves being excavated in the USA, NYC I think it was.

And what did Boris do to warn the President?

God's Truth

All true.
In the UK we are doing our best to focus upon a unified support for our health service and health workers. And we mostly are following the isolation and lockdown measures.

The local beaches are empty, very few cars are out, all is quiet on Good Friday

It is so so strange.

Your own Prime Minister got Corona Virus. Is he blaming Trump for it?

Arthur Brain

You are lying. Show the video.

Username posted two and I posted one. Don't play coy. Here's yet another that shows just how many times Trump has contradicted himself with this virus and boy, is he miffed when his own words are pointed out to him at the end. There's no getting around it GT and unless you want to ignore it all (again) then your "genius" of a president is anything but.

Last edited:

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
And what did Boris do to warn the President?

What difference would that have made? Trump ignored warnings by his own intelligence agencies. But remember, he is a "very stable genius", knows more than any generals and therefore it appears his knowledge is all encompassing.

Here I what I know, my daughter and her husband are both infectious disease docs in separate NYC hospitals. One in Queens, one in Brooklyn. His hospital was working on its 3rd or 4th refrigerated trailer to hold bodies overflowing from the hospital morgue, hers was waiting for a triple decker refrigerated trailer to do the same. There is no defense for Trump's inaction, nor for his dismantling of the US ability to foresee or prepare for this. The argument that no one could have seen this coming gets nowhere. You live in California, you know sooner or later there will be an earthquake, you do what you can to prepare and minimize damage. Epidemiologists have been warning about something like this for years.

Trump called this a new Democratic hoax, he said no big deal, warm weather in April, etc., 15 cases and soon there will be none, take this drug--it might work, might not, but "people" say is works. Taking Trump's medical advice is like rushing to your mechanic to fix a tooth ache.

He likes the TV ratings the briefings have provided.

Arthur Brain

You won't give the video of Trump saying it because it doesn't exist. Do you really think that I didn't check it out? What kind of a person are you to lie about someone like that?

Are you for real? You don't think there's any footage of Trump referring to himself as a genius, on multiple occasions?! What were you checking out exactly? It's all over the net!