WE CANNOT LET THE CURE BE WORSE THAN THE PROBLEM ITSELF

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Hopefully the church gatherers will care enough to not go around anyone if they are sick. You are wishing death to Christians and Trump supporters is a bad thing. Are you sure you aren't dangerous to others?
Therein lies the problem, a carrier can infect others with COVIE-19 before displaying any of the symptoms - then there are the asymptomatic carriers who have the virus but will never show the symptoms!

Either way, both you and the person sitting on the pew next to you could both be carriers and neither one of you would know it!

As for infecting Trump supporters, I'm merely pointing out the abdication of leadership taken by the Florida Governor - his actions suggest that gatherings of Floridian Christians are somehow immune from COVIR-19!

What is the point of closing down the beaches and locking down the state if the Governor is merely relocating the problem to make Florida's churches the epicentre of the pandemic?

God's Truth

Therein lies the problem, a carrier can infect others with COVIE-19 before displaying any of the symptoms - then there are the asymptomatic carriers who have the virus but will never show the symptoms!
They should have worn masks with their bathing suits?

Either way, both you and the person sitting on the pew next to you could both be carriers and neither one of you would know it!
Maybe they should wear masks at church. Don't go to church then.

As for infecting Trump supporters, I'm merely pointing out the abdication of leadership taken by the Florida Governor - his actions suggest Floridian Christians are somehow immune from COVIR-19!
He isn't following Trumps guidelines, so why bring Trump into it?

What is the point of closing down the beaches and locking down the state if the Governor is merely relocating the problem to make Florida's churches the epicentre of the pandemic?

Maybe partying young people don't care if they feel sick?

What does this have to do with anything I have been talking about?

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
They should have worn masks with their bathing suits?

Maybe they should wear masks at church. Don't go to church then.

He isn't following Trumps guidelines, so why bring Trump into it?

Maybe partying young people don't care if they feel sick?

What does this have to do with anything I have been talking about?

They don't need my help, it just comes naturally - just give conservatives enough rope and they'll prove my point every time!

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Trump said some different things today than what he has been saying, and different than what his medical advisers have been saying. Too bad he couldn't keep it up until the 15 days were up before sounding like everything the doctors were saying is dumb now, and how the old people aren't worth shutting everything down. It sounds like he lost his focus and reasoning for doing all that he was doing. He should have just stuck to it and not say anything negative about it at this point. It would have all seemed like a heroic effort by him instead of a possible blunder.
Those "old people aren't worth shutting everything down" were an important part of the demographic that voted Trump into Office - how pleased should they be to know that they are considered expendable?

God's Truth

Those "old people aren't worth shutting everything down" were an important part of the demographic that voted Trump into Office - how pleased should they be to know that they are considered expendable?

You put that in quotes as if he really said that. Maybe they are mostly Democrats?

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
If attacks upon your own citizens continue because folks are calling this sickness 'Chinese Virus', then it's down to you.

Nonsense! it is the Chinese Virus, or The Wuhan Virus if you prefer, I feel no reason to call it anything else, the Chinese government owns it but, then again I don't give a rip whether it offends, or who it offends.The nice part of the first amendment to the US Constitution (Freedom Of Speech) is it states nowhere in the document that anyone has a freedom from being offended, and I assure you that a majority of Americans don't give a crap if it does offend.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Nonsense! it is the Chinese Virus, or The Wuhan Virus if you prefer, I feel no reason to call it anything else, the Chinese government owns it but, then again I don't give a rip whether it offends, or who it offends.The nice part of the first amendment to the US Constitution (Freedom Of Speech) is it states nowhere in the document that anyone has a freedom from being offended, and I assure you that a majority of Americans don't give a crap if it does offend.

for months the MSM referred to it as "Wuhan Coronavirus" or "novel coronavirus from Wuhan Province, China" or some such other variant that identified it by it's place of origin, as has always been common practice

eider

Well, that's all your opinion, but all media reports that we see from the US now call it either coronavirus or covid -19 which seems to show that your country is more concerned about the safety of US Asians than you might think. Listen to President Trump.... He has changed his mind about this as well.

So your voice probably won't cause too much worry to US Asians, so no harm.

eider

Must tell you this.
Nobody posting threads on TOL has backed you up.
If you look back several pages of thread titles in the politics forum, the virus and sickness have been called coronavirus and covid-19 in the titles.

Actions speak louder than words, maybe?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Well, that's all your opinion, but all media reports that we see from the US now call it either coronavirus or covid -19 which seems to show that your country is more concerned about the safety of US Asians than you might think. Listen to President Trump.... He has changed his mind about this as well.

Trump should have called it the "CCP Virus" instead of Chinese, etc. It is precisely because of the corrupt dictatorial government of China that this virus got so out of hand in the first place. (CCP = "Chinese Communist Party")

chair

Trump should have called it the "CCP Virus" instead of Chinese, etc. It is precisely because of the corrupt dictatorial government of China that this virus got so out of hand in the first place. (CCP = "Chinese Communist Party")

It is easy to blame the CCP. And they do have a lot of blame for the beginning of this crisis. No doubt about that at all. But there is no getting around the fact that many western democracies failed miserably as well- and failed when then threat was already quite clear.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

How incredibly bizarre that you're so worried about the safety of MY fellow countrymen of asian heritage, and so blithely unconcerned with that of your own

https://www.theguardian.com/educatio...racist-attacks

Last edited:

God's Truth

Must tell you this.
Nobody posting threads on TOL has backed you up.
If you look back several pages of thread titles in the politics forum, the virus and sickness have been called coronavirus and covid-19 in the titles.

Actions speak louder than words, maybe?

What are you talking about? More than one has said it is right to call it the China Virus, or the Wuhan Virus.