ECT Water baptisms, even faker than the usual water baptisms

revpete

Sign of the times I suppose. I believe in water baptism but this is just empire building again.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Bradley D

I believe that water baptism is a dying to the old self and arising a new person in Christ. It is what is in the person's heart going through the ceremony that counts.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I believe that water baptism is a dying to the old self and arising a new person in Christ. It is what is in the person's heart going through the ceremony that counts.

Yes, it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment.

Peter said, "For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God?" (1 Peter 4:17 NKJV)

Cross Reference

Yes, it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment.

Peter said, "For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God?" (1 Peter 4:17 NKJV)

. . . . and how can they obey the gospel of God if they are not born again?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
. . . . and how can they obey the gospel of God if they are not born again?

By God's Spirit which puts us in the spiritual realm.

Jesus said, "The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit." (John 3:8 NKJV)

The wind is invisible and so is everyone born of the Spirit. We are begotten of the Spirit but not yet born according to Jesus.

Cross Reference

By God's Spirit which puts us in the spiritual realm.

Jesus said, "The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit." (John 3:8 NKJV)

The wind is invisible and so is everyone born of the Spirit. We are begotten of the Spirit but not yet born according to Jesus.

The Holy Sprit must be asked for.

DAN P

Sign of the times I suppose. I believe in water baptism but this is just empire building again.

Hi and Jews are the only one whu adhere to water and the Gentiles have stolen , along with Tongues , Visions , the Lord's supper and today it is Idolatry , just like the RCC !!

DAN P

musterion

As someone who was water baptized twice (first in a creek in the woods when I was a teen, when I doubt I was saved; next in a swimming pool as a saved but doctrinally misled adult), I will be honest enough to admit that the implication among all protestants, evangelicals and fundamentalists who water baptize is that it very much does, one way or the other, impact your salvation, even if they do not admit it.

You cannot tell any new believer (assuming it IS a new believer) they should follow Christ in "believer's baptism" or whatever it's called and not put an ENORMOUS amount of pressure upon them that goes beyond the simple Gospel of grace (assuming it was even preached to them). Water baptizers - all of them - seek to glory in the flesh of those they dunk or sprinkle. It's their form of circumcision -- it's your proving to them that you (probably) really are a Christian now.

That's why the SBC and IFBs calculate their annual converts by the number of people they get into the tank, not by the number of professions of faith in Christ. They are by no means alone in that.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
As someone who was water baptized twice (first in a creek in the woods when I was a teen, when I doubt I was saved; next in a swimming pool as a saved but doctrinally misled adult), I will be honest enough to admit that the implication among all protestants, evangelicals and fundamentalists who water baptize is that it very much does, one way or the other, impact your salvation, even if they do not admit it.

You cannot tell any new believer (assuming it IS a new believer) they should follow Christ in "believer's baptism" or whatever it's called and not put an ENORMOUS amount of pressure upon them that goes beyond the simple Gospel of grace (assuming it was even preached to them). Water baptizers - all of them - seek to glory in the flesh of those they dunk or sprinkle. It's their form of circumcision -- it's your proving to them that you (probably) really are a Christian now.

That's why the SBC and IFBs calculate their annual converts by the number of people they get into the tank, not by the number of professions of faith in Christ. They are by no means alone in that.

The errors of men do not change Gods word on water baptism.

How is it that Madists discount water baptism as being useless, when they deny all of the spiritual washings which follow Spirit baptism.(which are all defined in the OC law in type)

Heb 6:1 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,
Heb 6:2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.
Heb 6:3 And this will we do, if God permit.

Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
Eph 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
]Eph 5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

LA

musterion

Originally Posted by Lazy afternoon
How is it that Madists discount water baptism as being useless
Also because the ritual isn't even a true ritual anymore, but foolish Gentile parodies of a Messianic rite intended for Jews only.

Dialogos

Also because the ritual isn't even a true ritual anymore, but foolish Gentile parodies of a Messianic rite intended for Jews only.
Explain again why Paul, the apostle to the gentiles, administered gentile parodies of a Messianic rite intended for Jews only?

:idunno:

Reactions: Lon

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Show where Paul water baptized a full on, non-proselyte heathen Gentile.

Yet you claim to be a believer but you reject water baptism that even Paul observed and taught--

Act 19:1 And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,
Act 19:2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.
Act 19:3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.
Act 19:4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
Act 19:5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
Act 19:6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

1Co 1:14 I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius;
1Co 1:15 Lest any should say that I had baptized in mine own name.
1Co 1:16 And I baptized also the household of Stephanas
: besides, I know not whether I baptized any other.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
one baptism, what is it?

1Jn 5:8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.
1Jn 5:9 If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.
1Jn 5:10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.
1Jn 5:11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
1Jn 5:12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
1Jn 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.