ECT water baptism

dodge

Dodge,,,just like a teacher stands in front of the class and writes on the chalkboard and speaks to those in the classroom...

Draw an line in the books we have in scripture and put the things that were said to be done while they were still under the law. Then on the other side of the line say the things that are done after that point.

as you do it ponder if the things you are listing are being spoken to those who lived on which side of that line and reason through the same things you are pondering noting why he said one thing to one while saying things a little different to another.,,,,,then tell us where that line is in scripture.

Where would that exercise place me ? Would I end up believing what I want to ,or would I end up believing what God intended and wants me to believe and follow ? Some things must be taught by the Holy Spirit and goes against ALL of mans logic.

I truly believe there is only ONE Gospel, and I see where scripture supports and teaches ONE Gospel. How folks divided Jesus' message and Gospel was done by men not God.

By dividing the Gospel message I see nothing more than making God a respecter of people in this age of GRACE, and scripture teaches that God is NOT a respecter of people.

I see that Madist have placed the horse in front of the cart. Everyone that names them self as a follower of Jesus should be following Jesus not one of Jesus' Apostles.

Paul said follow him as he followed Jesus, but some how and where those in MAD placed Paul's
teachings as more important and valid than Jesus' teachings. I know the argument that Jesus gave Paul something that HE gave no one else. If that is true why would Paul say the other Apostles were in Christ before he was ? If that mystery was different than He told the other Apostles how then were they in Christ before Paul ?

musterion

Thank you, BR, for quoting that so he'd see it. Now if you'll be so kind to quote this as well...

The teachings of Jesus were written by men who were inspired by the Holy Spirit and are profitable for correction, reproof etc.

Paul received His revelations from the same person ALL the Apostles received their revelations i.e. Jesus.

MADs agree with every word of that.

Now...

Christ inspired Paul to say that no one could know Him anymore "according to the flesh." He even says those who DID know Him thus can do so no longer. That would have included Peter, James, John, etc, and what they had written about His time "according to the flesh."

Question:

Follow the chain of thought started in 2 Cor 5:16. What would happen if someone believed it and proved they believed it by trying to abide by it? How could they NOW know Christ if no one can go by His time "according to the flesh"?

whitestone

Where would that exercise place me ? Would I end up believing what I want to ,or would I end up believing what God intended and wants me to believe and follow ? Some things must be taught by the Holy Spirit and goes against ALL of mans logic.

I truly believe there is only ONE Gospel, and I see where scripture supports and teaches ONE Gospel. How folks divided Jesus' message and Gospel was done by men not God.

By dividing the Gospel message I see nothing more than making God a respecter of people in this age of GRACE, and scripture teaches that God is NOT a respecter of people.

I see that Madist have placed the horse in front of the cart. Everyone that names them self as a follower of Jesus should be following Jesus not one of Jesus' Apostles.

Paul said follow him as he followed Jesus, but some how and where those in MAD placed Paul's
teachings as more important and valid than Jesus' teachings. I know the argument that Jesus gave Paul something that HE gave no one else. If that is true why would Paul say the other Apostles were in Christ before he was ? If that mystery was different than He told the other Apostles how then were they in Christ before Paul ?

lol,I'm leaving out the parentheses just to simplify it and just asking old test/new test where did one end and the other begin? I'll give an example

old is before the birth of Jesus,,hmm,new began at the cross,,,hmm at acts 2,,,,hmm where is the line?

dodge

All scripture was written under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit by men who loved and followed God.

Paul got his doctrine from the same place ALL the Apostles got their doctrine i.e. Jesus.

Same answers I posted in post # 313.

I don't "like" to ignore you I usually do because you usually don't have much to say.

All scripture was written under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit by men who loved and followed God.

Paul got his doctrine from the same place ALL the Apostles got their doctrine i.e. Jesus.

Thank you, BR, for quoting that so he'd see it. Now if you'll be so kind to quote this as well...

I answered your question TWICE in post 313 and post 315. If you are not going to read the response to your
questions why should I waste my time and answer them ?

MADs agree with every word of that.

Now...

Christ inspired Paul to say that no one could know Him anymore "according to the flesh." He even says those who DID know Him thus can do so no longer. That would have included Peter, James, John, etc, and what they had written about His time "according to the flesh."

False premise. Paul was teaching that no one could approach God through the law ( flesh ) which makes scripture contradict itself.

Question:

Follow the chain of thought started in 2 Cor 5:16. What would happen if someone believed it and proved they believed it by trying to abide by it? How could they NOW know Christ if no one can go by His time "according to the flesh"?

Again you put forth a false premise. according to the flesh ( law ) No one could keep the law perfectly EXCEPT Jesus.

Many tried to follow Jesus after the law as evidenced by Peter who Paul corrected.

2Co 5:16
Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.

Ot they followed Jesus after the law and after the DBR they followed Jesus after the Spirit.

musterion

False premise. Paul was teaching that no one could approach God through the law ( flesh ) which makes scripture contradict itself.

Not a false premise because that's not what Christ had Paul say. You're adding to Scripture. Deal with the point.

Again you put forth a false premise. according to the flesh ( law ) No one could keep the law perfectly EXCEPT Jesus.

Deal with what is implied by no one now being able to know CHRIST according to the flesh. CHRIST HAD PAUL WRITE THAT. Now please deal with it.

What did CHRIST mean that no one could know HIM according to the flesh? Some DID know Him that way but now could not. No one can anymore.

So how DOES one know Him now?

Clue: the Law has nothing to do with it.

dodge

Not a false premise because that's not what Christ had Paul say. You're adding to Scripture. Deal with the point.

Deal with what is implied by no one now being able to know CHRIST according to the flesh. CHRIST HAD PAUL WRITE THAT. Now please deal with it.

What did CHRIST mean that no one could know HIM according to the flesh? Some DID know Him that way but now could not. No one can anymore.

So how DOES one know Him now?

Clue: the Law has nothing to do with it.

Dealt with=Rom 7:25
I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

musterion

Dealt with=Rom 7:25
I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

You don't dare honestly answer the question, do you. You're just making this all up as you go along, stringing random verses together on the basis of the word "flesh."

You're a fool.

dodge

You don't dare honestly answer the question, do you. You're just making this all up as you go along, stringing random verses together on the basis of the word "flesh."

You're a fool.

lol, MAD does not line up with scripture and no distortion of how flesh and spirit is used in the bible will get you there. stringing verses together is the ONLY way MAD works, and even then it fails.

musterion

lol, MAD does not line up with scripture and no distortion of how flesh and spirit is used in the bible will get you there. stringing verses together is the ONLY way MAD works, and even then it fails.

Keep ignoring the question. You got nothing.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Keep ignoring every body else in scripture but Paul it shows in your warped beliefs.

Maybe they'll steal him from St. Peter's Square and light some candles. May as well :rolleyes:

Rejecting MADism is as easy as seeing how cherished Paul was to Christian society for the 1800 years before it.

dodge

Not according to the flesh.

Gal 2:16
Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Right Divider

Body part
Maybe they'll steal him from St. Peter's Square and light some candles. May as well :rolleyes:

Rejecting MADism is as easy as seeing how cherished Paul was to Christian society for the 1800 years before it.
Yes, Christ's message through Paul was been rejected by folks like you since the very beginning.

2Tim 1:15 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:15) This thou knowest, that all they which are in Asia be turned away from me; of whom are Phygellus and Hermogenes.

Danoh

Gal 2:16
Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

And yet, you and yours keep preaching faith plus works.

:doh: