ECT water baptism

musterion

Faith don't save you.!! The water baptism of Jesus Christ name and baptism of the Holy Ghost save you. And staying holy.

Obey Jesus Christ

For all their baptismal regeneration and works perseverance beliefs, no CoG person would put it that way.

He's a lying troll and a complete waste of time.

Right Divider

Body part
So you can make it to heaven WITHOUT the water baptism= to be born of water.? You say yes or no.?

Obey Jesus Christ
"Born of water" is NOT water baptism. That's just a silly superstition.

Jesus makes that clear, expect that the religious zealots want to make it a ceremony.

John 3:4-6 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:4) Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? (3:5) Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and [of] the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. (3:6) That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

"Born of water" is physical birth. Not hard to follow.

P.S. Jesus was talking about the nation of Israel's spiritual rebirth.

John 3:7 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:7) Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

THEE is singular (Jesus said THIS to Nicodemus), YE is plural (that cannot be JUST about Nicodemus, since it is PLURAL).​

dodge

Jerry Shugart;4854277]Paul was the Apostle of the Gentiles who made up the Body of Christ. Although he was given a ministry to both the Jews and the Gentiles he was not sent to the Gentiles to baptize with water:

Morning Jerry, You have to take out of context and ignore a lot of scripture to get to this position.

"For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect" (1 Cor.1:17).

yet Paul baptized Crispus and Gaius and a family of folks.

Paul's ministry was to preach the Gospel while others were assigned to baptize.

That is why in the present dispensation there is only ONE BAPTISM (Eph.4:5), and this is that ONE BAPTISM:

Jesus said to teach and baptize the nations. Jesus was water baptized as was Paul and EVERY person that followed Jesus in the NT.

"For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit" (1 Cor.12:13).

You make a distinction that scripture does not make. There is only ONE spiritual baptism, which in no way removed Jesus' commandment to be water baptized as evidenced by everyone in the NT that believed and followed Jesus was water baptized.

On the other hand, the ministry of John the Baptist was limited to the Jews and he stated that, unlike Paul, he was sent to baptize with water:

Paul was water baptized !

"And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost" (Jn.1:33).

Why would anyone assume that means that water baptism was no longer valid. Was Jesus water baptized ?

Was Paul water baptized ? Were those in the NT that followed Jesus water baptized ? The answer to all was yes all that followed Jesus were water baptized after the DBR . Conclusion MAD is wrong.

dodge

dodge is a Romans 10:2 kind of guy.

Dodge follows Jesus as Paul said to. I do not follow folks that MAKE scripture say what they want it to to support their errors.

Since your supposed knowledge is of men and not of God Rom.10:2 perfectly describes MAD.

Right Divider

Body part
Dodge follows Jesus as Paul said to. I do not follow folks that MAKE scripture say what they want it to to support their errors.
  • dodge thinks that he does.
  • dodge can't follow along with the changes that God makes throughout time.
  • dodge lies constantly.
  • dodge is a striver that called others that.
  • dodge needs to understand that God gave Paul a dispensation of the the gospel.
  • dodge does not follow the law as Jesus told them to do.

dodge

• dodge thinks that he does.
  • dodge can't follow along with the changes that God makes throughout time.
  • dodge lies constantly.
  • dodge is a striver that called others that.
  • dodge needs to understand that God gave Paul a dispensation of the the gospel.
  • dodge does not follow the law as Jesus told them to do.

You don't even understand that MAD has made the teachings of Jesus of no use and placed PAUL above Jesus.

Bottom line those in MAD follow Paul and his teachings and IGNORE the teachings of Jesus through confusion and deception , sadly.

1Co 1:13
Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

Right Divider

Body part
You don't even understand that MAD has made the teachings of Jesus of no use and placed PAUL above Jesus.

Bottom line those in MAD follow Paul and his teachings and IGNORE the teachings of Jesus through confusion and deception , sadly.
No, that's just some silly caricature of MAD that you're pummeling.

dodge

No, that's just some silly caricature of MAD that you're pummeling.

It is kind of hard to actually figure out what MAD does and does not believe as very few Madist agree among themselves, and that is what error and confusion within MAD produces.

Getting an understanding on what Madist agree on is like nailing jello to a wall !

dodge

I know you like to ignore me but try two simple questions.

1) Who wrote down "the teachings of Jesus"?

2) Where did Paul say he got his doctrine?

I don't "like" to ignore you I usually do because you usually don't have much to say.

All scripture was written under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit by men who loved and followed God.

Paul got his doctrine from the same place ALL the Apostles got their doctrine i.e. Jesus.

musterion

It is kind of hard to actually figure out what MAD does and does not believe as very few Madist agree among themselves, and that is what error and confusion within MAD produces.

Getting an understanding on what Madist agree on is like nailing jello to a wall !

Then start with this.

dodge

Then start with this.

All scripture was written under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit by men who loved and followed God.

Paul got his doctrine from the same place ALL the Apostles got their doctrine i.e. Jesus.

Same answers I posted in post # 313.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Then start with this.

To help Dodge a little;

The teachings of Jesus were written down by the Apostles

Paul received His revelations directly from Jesus Christ.

I think this is what he/she meant anyway.

dodge

To help Dodge a little;

The teachings of Jesus were written down by the Apostles

Paul received His revelations directly from Jesus Christ.

I think this is what he/she meant anyway.

Last time I checked I am a HE.

The teachings of Jesus were written by men who were inspired by the Holy Spirit and are profitable for correction, reproof etc. is what I meant.

Paul received His revelations from the same person ALL the Apostles received their revelations i.e. Jesus.

Right Divider

Body part
Perhaps you never noticed that YOUR churchianity has THOUSANDS of denominations that also do not agree with each other on this doctrine or that.

Your "logic" is FALLACIOUS!

I guess that you should become a Roman Catholic; they have a pretty big group with lots of agreement on false doctrine. You'd fit right in.

whitestone

Dodge,,,just like a teacher stands in front of the class and writes on the chalkboard and speaks to those in the classroom...

Draw an line in the books we have in scripture and put the things that were said to be done while they were still under the law. Then on the other side of the line say the things that are done after that point.

as you do it ponder if the things you are listing are being spoken to those who lived on which side of that line and reason through the same things you are pondering noting why he said one thing to one while saying things a little different to another.,,,,,then tell us where that line is in scripture.

dodge

Right Divider;4854390]Perhaps you never noticed that YOUR churchianity has THOUSANDS of denominations that also do not agree with each other on this doctrine or that.

Yep, and every one of those different denominations teach water baptism and the Lord's supper as scripture teaches,

Your "logic" is FALLACIOUS!

Being on a cliff all by yourself doesn't prove your right it just proves you distort and change the OBVIOUS.

I guess that you should become a Roman Catholic; they have a pretty big group with lots of agreement on false doctrine. You'd fit right in.

Nah, I am not an idolater ,I don't worship Mary, I have a High Priest and Apostle who is in heaven,nor do I believe a sinful man calls Jesus out of heaven and puts Him in a wafer.

You used a pretty lame argument to disobey what Jesus taught !