ECT Water baptism commanded for the BoC?

musterion

Where's the commandment that we be water baptized in Romans through Philemon? You haven't one!

It's in the white areas of the pages, right next to her authority to prophetically threaten Christians with beheadings. She alone has the eyes to see these hidden truths. Her, and maybe Letsargue.

musterion

If you understood, dear Rainee, what water baptism signified at that time, you'd understand why the ritual persisted as long as it did but is now completely deactivated, along with the rest of Judaism. I'm sure Heir will love to 'splain it all. I must go to my daughter's first dance recital (if that's the right term for it) so I'll be away for awhile.

rainee

If you understood, dear Rainee, what water baptism signified at that time, you'd understand why the ritual persisted as long as it did but is now completely deactivated, along with the rest of Judaism. I'm sure Heir will love to 'splain it all. I must go to my daughter's first dance recital (if that's the right term for it) so I'll be away for awhile.

Very good, :)

I mean you going to her dance!
I hope y'all have a lovely time and make lovely pics!

heir

TOL Subscriber
Ok, I already want to go and delete what I have posted but here I go again. Man.

So dear Heir, here is the deal (again)
Paul had to be baptized.
Now if we are saying he had to be baptized because he was important and we do not have to be baptized because we are not, ok, I will accept that.
He counts, we do not.
His testimony matters - ours does not.

And as for the Jailor and his family?

Right again - he matters - we do not. His family matters - ours does not.

If the message being preached today is no water baptism for us like they got in the New Testament because we simply do not matter and
are not relevant then we should be clear about this.

We should say what we do is meaningless and what they did was not.
I thought the OP was pretty clear as to what I'm looking for and what I believe. Never once, did I say that what is written does "not matter". You are welcome to address the request in the OP, which would be show me from Romans through Philemon where we are it is commanded that we water baptized.

With all of those on TOL who think it is necessary on some level; whether required for salvation or for a fair shew, there sure isn't any scripture supporting it in the form of sound words written TO us and not many if any of them showing up here.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I thought the OP was pretty clear as to what I'm looking for and what I believe. Never once, did I say that what is written does "not matter". You are welcome to address the request in the OP, which would be show me from Romans through Philemon where we are it is commanded that we water baptized.

With all of those on TOL who think it is necessary on some level; whether required for salvation or for a fair shew, there sure isn't any scripture supporting it in the form of sound words written TO us and not many if any of them showing up here.

You're 100% correct! Even John the Baptist foretold this; "I indeed
have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy
Ghost."
(Mark 1:8)

heir

TOL Subscriber
You're 100% correct! Even John the Baptist foretold this; "I indeed
have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy
Ghost."
(Mark 1:8)
Hi GM, and yet neither of those are the one baptism by one Spirit (1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV). Those who wish to put water baptism on us as for today would like us to unify with them in their religious tradition according to their SoF, and endevour to not keep that which Paul besseches us to: the unity of the Spirit (Ephesians 4:1-6 KJV). We cannot walk worthy of the vocation wherewith we are called if we're getting wet and telling others to.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi GM, and yet neither of those are the one baptism by one Spirit (1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV). Those who wish to put water baptism on us as for today would like us to unify with them in their religious tradition according to their SoF, and endevour to not keep that which Paul besseches us to: the unity of the Spirit (Ephesians 4:1-6 KJV). We cannot walk worthy of the vocation wherewith we are called if we're getting wet and telling others to.

Maybe you never heard the Lord ask you to be water baptized.

Were you ever invited to enter the Kingdom of God, the keys of which were given to Peter to preach?

LA

PhilipJames

Hello heir,

I keep seeing people claim that water baptism is commanded for members of the Body of Christ, but they never back up that statement with scripture.

How about with the words of Jesus, Himself

John 3:5

Jesus answered, "Amen, amen, I say to you, no one can enter the kingdom of God without being born of water and Spirit."

Peace!
PJ

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hello heir,

Jesus answered, "Amen, amen, I say to you, no one can enter the kingdom of God without being born of water and Spirit."

Peace!
PJ
Physical and spiritual birth

PhilipJames

Hello Bright Raven,

Physical and spiritual birth

Those who want to do away with the full rite of Christian baptism usually say this but compare with John 3:3

"Amen, amen, I say to you, no one can see the kingdom of God without being born from above."

Nicodemus asks for clarification and Jesus' response is:

"Amen, amen, I say to you, no one can enter the kingdom of God without being born of water and Spirit. "

Thus being born from above = being born of water and Spirit (Christian Baptism)

He than contrasts that with the world: 'What is born of flesh is flesh and what is born of spirit is spirit.'

Peace!
PJ

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hello Bright Raven,

Those who want to do away with the full rite of Christian baptism usually say this but compare with John 3:3

"Amen, amen, I say to you, no one can see the kingdom of God without being born from above."

"Amen, amen, I say to you, no one can enter the kingdom of God without being born of water and Spirit. "

He than contrasts that with the world: 'What is born of flesh is flesh and what is born of spirit is spirit.'

Peace!
PJ
Please show where scripture requires baptism for salvation.

journey

Part of the Good News:

Titus 3:4-7 KJV But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, 5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; 6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; 7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

heir

TOL Subscriber

Were you ever invited to enter the Kingdom of God, the keys of which were given to Peter to preach?

LA
bwahahaha! We all know why you won't address the request in the OP...you can't!

And FYI, I've already been translated into the kingdom of God's dear Son

heir

TOL Subscriber

LA
Peter is not the pattern, Paul is and Paul NEVER commanded us to be water baptized in Romans through Philemon!

heir

TOL Subscriber
Hello Bright Raven,

Peace!
PJ
born of water=birth
born of the Spirit=resurrection

Neither have anything to do with the Body of Christ and everything to do with Israel (Nicodemus was a master of Israel and should have known, as in Ezekiel 37).

heir

TOL Subscriber
Hello heir,

Peace!
PJ
Hi Philip, I just addressed this in the post above. It has nothing to do with us. We're not Israel. Members of the Body of Christ are not "born again", but a new creature in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17 KJV). Check it out in Romans through Philemon.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Hello Bright Raven,

Those who want to do away with the full rite of Christian baptism...
Are you saved, Philip? If you are, the moment you believed the gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV you were baptized BY ONE SPIRIT into one Body (1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV). The Spirit is the baptizer, not man by water.