Was God unloving for commanding homosexuals be put to death?

Was God unloving for commanding homosexuals be put to death?

• YES

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • NO

Votes: 32 88.9%

• Total voters

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Originally posted by Ross
Crow,

Let me ask you a question. If you had it your way, would (you) change the law of the land to conform to God's law and kill adulterers and homosexuals?

Ross

Considering the narrow scope of this question, I would answer an emphatic....

YES!

If someone says in response, "God help us!", then I say amen.
Help us LORD to be humble enough to trust that You know better how to deal with criminals that we do, that You are smarter than we are. Help us to have the faith in You that is required to carry out that which you command because You have commanded it. God help us indeed!

Resting in Him,
Clete

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Re: Re: Re: Re: Was God unloving for commanding homosexuals be put to death?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Was God unloving for commanding homosexuals be put to death?

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by deardelmar
...I think it would fair to say that most sodomites were first damaged by the free will of others then chose out of their brokenness.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by shilohproject
deardelmar, this is very liberal of you! And Christian, too! Awesome! Welcome to the Think Tank, where thinking is encouraged, and disagreement is welcome!:cool:

Depth of thought is in no way limited to liberals. I find it so funny that many liberals would assert that a consverative can not have looked at things with an open mind. My own belifes for example have changed dramaticly in the past five years. Changed as a result of coming into contact with solid biblical teaching and growing in the Lord.

Lucky

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Crow
Furthurmore, we are told as Christians not to associate or even eat with Christians who break the crimimal law and moral law--homos, thieves, fornicators.
:) Hi Crow,

Just curious, how do you know if you're eating with a fornicator or not? Or does that mean if you are eating with a known fornicator? And if that fornicator is a Christian, who has already repented from that sin, then can we eat with them?

:help:

shilohproject

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Was God unloving for commanding homosexuals be put to death?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Was God unloving for commanding homosexuals be put to death?

Originally posted by deardelmar

Depth of thought is in no way limited to liberals. I find it so funny that many liberals would assert that a consverative can not have looked at things with an open mind. My own belifes for example have changed dramaticly in the past five years. Changed as a result of coming into contact with solid biblical teaching and growing in the Lord.
I agree that it is unfortunate when people (all of us) over generalize. It tends to make a real understanding more difficult, as we have to get through more of our own bagage ay the front end of the deal.

I would never suggest that only liberals think about things with an open mind. But the notion of criminals being a product of something horrible themselves does seem to be a more left wing notion, in my estimation.:cool:

And I believe that growing in the Lord is probably the most important thing any of us can do to foster growth of any real importance, even in the arena of intellectual honesty. After all, "honesty" is a matter of the spirit.

Osel

Romans 1:24-32
Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Crow

Originally posted by Lucky
:) Hi Crow,

Just curious, how do you know if you're eating with a fornicator or not? Or does that mean if you are eating with a known fornicator? And if that fornicator is a Christian, who has already repented from that sin, then can we eat with them?

:help:

I would guess that he meant not to associate with those known to be currently (not as in right that minute if that is the next question) sexually immoral, and would not include those who had repented. Is Paul's instruction confusing to you? Did you think he meant take a lunchtime poll in a restaurant? Just curious.

LightSon

Originally posted by Crow
I would guess that he meant not to associate with those known to be currently (not as in right that minute if that is the next question) sexually immoral, and would not include those who had repented. Is Paul's instruction confusing to you? Did you think he meant take a lunchtime poll in a restaurant? Just curious.
:chuckle: Yep, that'll play well.

"Hi, I'd like to invite you to lunch. But first, I have a little questionaire I'd like you to respond to. If you wouldn't mind, that is.

Have you ever........." :shocked: