ECT Was Christ "Doing Prophecy" in Mt 24?

Interplanner

Please don't reduce a good debate to this kind of personal aside crap Danoh. You just sap energy doing so.

And besides, you should ask the other person if you have permission to answer for him.

It is well-known that the futurists have X000 year gap here, so it is hypocritical to accuse me for something that is relatively seamless; the DofJ did not have to be 40 years later, but there is obviously something auspicious about that.

Danoh

Please don't reduce a good debate to this kind of personal aside crap Danoh. You just sap energy doing so.

And besides, you should ask the other person if you have permission to answer for him.

It is well-known that the futurists have X000 year gap here, so it is hypocritical to accuse me for something that is relatively seamless; the DofJ did not have to be 40 years later, but there is obviously something auspicious about that.

Take your well earned lumps, bro - you don't see me crying - abba no fair - that you called me a fool :chuckle:

1 Corinthians 16:13 Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong.

Interplanner

Take your well earned lumps, bro - you don't see me crying - abba no fair - that you called me a fool :chuckle:

1 Corinthians 16:13 Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong.

You are rotten at understanding communication, OK? I was not saying it was not fair. I was saying you just reduced a good debate by butting in and by shifting the topic to a personality. Knock it off. If you want to talk about a generation long gap, OK. Otherwise shut up and stop wasting effort.

Please paste your defense of Holford fighting Payne and higher critics by doing so. You said the opposite because of your usual paranoia about knowing what Josephus said.

Danoh

You are rotten at understanding communication, OK? I was not saying it was not fair. I was saying you just reduced a good debate by butting in and by shifting the topic to a personality. Knock it off. If you want to talk about a generation long gap, OK. Otherwise shut up and stop wasting effort.

Please paste your defense of Holford fighting Payne and higher critics by doing so. You said the opposite because of your usual paranoia about knowing what Josephus said.

Lol; another - ur, excuse the word - "fool" reading paranoia into my words :chuckle:

musterion

The bulk of the final paragraph of Dan 9 is about Messiah. He did install the new covenant.

It is completely mistaken to remove Dan 9 from a consistent 490 years or to shift its topic from Messiah. Only the last line is clearly about his opponent--the leader of the 'rebellion that desolates.'

There is no futurism in it, which has been pressured into existence by people who believe 2P2P which is phantom. They go back to Dan 9 and try to make it shift reference because they believe 2P2P.

Mt24's reference to the guy is about him as a person. It is not a Roman act nor a perverted Jewish idol. It is an anti-messiah who refuses to accept the mission and Gospel of Messiah, and seeks to liberate Israel in conflict with Rome. Which was an abject failure.

Find Holford's collation of Mt24A and Josephus' JEWISH WAR and you'll start to get the idea of what happened there.

70 AD. No covenant. No fulfillment.

Interplanner

70 AD. No covenant. No fulfillment.

The covenant was Christ in the middle of his week. The OT expression "the many" (for whom he did the covenant) is about those being redeemed; cp. Is 53. It is the awful things done by the one who desolates that drag things out to the length of the generation. The NT is full of the good news of the new covenant in 2 Cor 3-5 and Hebrews. It is never about a theocracy in Judea.

Fulfilled! And joyfully!

musterion

The covenant was Christ in the middle of his week. The OT expression "the many" (for whom he did the covenant) is about those being redeemed; cp. Is 53. It is the awful things done by the one who desolates that drag things out to the length of the generation. The NT is full of the good news of the new covenant in 2 Cor 3-5 and Hebrews. It is never about a theocracy in Judea.

Fulfilled! And joyfully!

Christ made a covenant with the people, and they agreed to it, then He broke it?

Do you see who you just said Christ is?

You're imperiling yourself with your blind mythology.

Danoh

Fulfilled! And joyfully!

It seems you think that if Israel had repented; their coming trial of fire their continued; self-imposed blindness dating back to before their Babylonian captivity had them unavoidably headed towards under Moses - whether they'd repented or not - would have been avoided.

Your Zealots theory is off.

As off as it has always been in those who came before you.

SaulToPaul 2

Fulfilled! And joyfully!

:chuckle: