WARNING! Apostasy about to happen.

WatchmanOnTheWall

And here is the correct interpretation of 2 Thess 2:1-3 !!

The CONTEXT OF 2 Thess 1-3 is CAUGHT UP / PAROUSIA !!

So the correct interpretation of verse 3 is NOT FALLING AWAY , but a DEPARTURE of the B O C and then in verse 3 The man of sin should be Revealed !!

Then God will in verse 11 , well send them the superhuman power of ERROR for them to believe a LIE , to those left behind !!

The Greek word APOSTASIA has many other meaning as it is a transliterated word !!

dan p

Again this is more confused heretical nonsense. Firstly pre-trib rapture is satanic; Of course satan wants Christians to think that they are all good enough to be raptured. When the fact is most Christians are worthless sinners. This is why Jesus will spend a 1000 years ruling us with an iron rod, so that we can become holy enough to be raptured on mass at the end of His Millenial reign. It is pride that makes Christians think they will be raptured before the great suffering of the tribulation. Exactly the same first sin of Satan himself. This is an evil world and Christ will bring Holy fire to cleans it at the end of the tribulation.

Secondly you are the one taking the word Parousia out of context, which means 'coming' and refers to Christ's second coming. Read all of it:

2 Thessalonians 2
1Now we request you, brethren, with regard to the coming (Parousia) of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, 2that you not be quickly shaken from your composure or be disturbed either by a spirit or a message or a letter as if from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come. 3Let no one in any way deceive you, for it will not come unless the apostasy (Falling away of the church) comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction, 4who opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, displaying himself as being God.

The word apostasy means defection/revolt: http://biblehub.com/greek/646.htm and is totally different to the word parousia which relates to Christ's coming. Please notice that it says the apostasy comes before Christ's coming, NOT at the same time as you mistakenly have thought.

The Apostasy is coming! Don't be deceived.

WatchmanOnTheWall

See all the above misconceptions from the posters on this site. This is why the Church will fall away just as Paul rightly prophesy's.

The Apostasy is coming! Don't be deceived, (although you probably already are).

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
We are told that the Anti-Christ will only appear after the apostasy of the Church happens:

2 Thessalonians 2:3
Don't let anyone deceive you in any way. For that day will not come unless the apostasy comes first and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction.

What could cause the Church to fall away on mass?

The Muslim's Quran and Hadiths have prophesy's that Jesus will return to Earth in order to select the Muslim Mahdi; this man will then rule the earth. Of course this will really be the Anti-Christ.

So how can Jesus return to select the Muslim Anti-Christ? These verses gives us clue:

Daniel 11:38-39
38 But in his estate shall he honour the God of forces: and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he honour with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and pleasant things. 39 Thus shall he do in the most strong holds with a strange god, whom he shall acknowledge and increase with glory: and he shall cause them to rule over many, and shall divide the land for gain.

This tells us the Anti-Christ will follow a strange god who will empower him to defeat any fortress and allow him to rule the world. Therefore this fake Jesus will be immensely powerful and carry out the ultimate deception. This can be none other than Satan himself.

Satan will be so convincing as Jesus that most Christians will believe it and consequently give up there Christian faith. This is of no surprise seeing as most Christians haven't got a clue that any of this is about to happen and most of them have very little Bible knowledge.

Don't let anyone deceive you in any way!

I do not know that I can agree with you. However, my studies of scripture and history apart from Islam, studying the Bible and not knowing history beyond it, I do not know what to think. Meaning, I am against sensationalism, such as with end times things. Remember it was said, in these last days. So, if we can, we should be able to fill in the blanks. And from Torah to Jesus there is much that we can learn. As for Islam I am not a Muslim, and I believe many Muslims study Jewish and Christian things, perhaps coming to understand God's Word as it was meant to be understood. That said, many are not Muslims but of Ishmael or other, commonly misunderstood. It is possible to have once been a Muslim. I have only had thoughts about whether or not I am. After becoming acquainted with Muslims and as my memory is far removed from that acquaintance. But I grew up Christian, debated an Imam shared Christ with him, and I am a proselyte to and or of Israel. My contact with Muslims has been minimal, with attention to hospitality as a man not a woman and one whose old High School Gym was used for a meeting.

The United States of America.

Shalom.

Jacob

nikolai_42

We are told that the Anti-Christ will only appear after the apostasy of the Church happens:

Don't let anyone deceive you in any way. For that day will not come unless the apostasy comes first and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction.

The Muslim's Quran and Hadiths have prophesy's that Jesus will return to Earth in order to select the Muslim Mahdi; this man will then rule the earth. Of course this will really be the Anti-Christ.

So how can Jesus return to select the Muslim Anti-Christ? These verses gives us clue:

38 But in his estate shall he honour the God of forces: and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he honour with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and pleasant things. 39 Thus shall he do in the most strong holds with a strange god, whom he shall acknowledge and increase with glory: and he shall cause them to rule over many, and shall divide the land for gain.

This tells us the Anti-Christ will follow a strange god who will empower him to defeat any fortress and allow him to rule the world. Therefore this fake Jesus will be immensely powerful and carry out the ultimate deception. This can be none other than Satan himself.

Satan will be so convincing as Jesus that most Christians will believe it and consequently give up there Christian faith. This is of no surprise seeing as most Christians haven't got a clue that any of this is about to happen and most of them have very little Bible knowledge.

If I might make a couple of observations on prophetic interpretation. First a couple of scriptures :

And his disciples asked him, saying, Why then say the scribes that Elias must first come?
And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things.
But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them
Matthew 17:10-12

The Pharisees also with the Sadducees came, and tempting desired him that he would shew them a sign from heaven.
He answered and said unto them, When it is evening, ye say, It will be fair weather: for the sky is red.
And in the morning, It will be foul weather to day: for the sky is red and lowering. O ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky; but can ye not discern the signs of the times?
A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas. And he left them, and departed.

Matthew 16:1-4

If you read the scriptures, you find many examples of prophecy being given and men missing the fulfillment of it because they were not looking aright. John the Baptist didn't have the name "Elijah" and didn't claim so to be - and Israel missed it (in large numbers). Jesus came in a manner and with a pedigree the religious leaders wouldn't even tolerate and so they rejected Him as Messiah. Jesus made the point to them (above) that they were looking for the wrong thing and it was because of their unbelief. The signs of the times are timeless and are unmistakable in any context (for the one really looking for them). But if someone is relying on names, titles, personalities etc..., they are looking to something that is liable to bring a misconception. Even the disciples expected Jesus to liberate Israel from Rome - and they were deeply disappointed (to say the least) when He didn't do what they expected Him to do (and this from their own prophets!).

The Lord revealed Himself to those who looked for Him a first time and He will return a second time unto salvation for those that, again are looking...FOR HIM. But we don't look for the description of a man's appearance or any political entity or king that will supposedly exist in the day of either Christ or Anti-Christ (whenever that be). Rather, we look at the signs of the times themselves. So when we read of descriptions of those who are to come (like the Man of Sin), we are not reading a newspaper clipping but rather a spiritual biography of someone (or something) that is of immense import to the church. Paul did, after all, say these things to the Thessalonian church to keep them from looking for the return of Christ before something else occurred. I believe many of them were concerned and had left jobs, homes etc...(I may have this point wrong) because they didn't want to miss Christ's return. Paul wrote back to set their minds at ease and have them looking, rather, to keep on doing what they had been doing in serving Christ :

Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.
Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace,
Comfort your hearts, and stablish you in every good word and work.

2 Thessalonians 2:15-17

With that said, he did tell them that there was something that would have to precede Christ's return : the unveiling of the Man of Sin. I won't tell you what I believe is being said specifically about the withholding and what the precise identity of the MoS is (since my aim is to communicate what I see being important about Paul's letter) but rather the characteristics of the deception that he warns the Thessalonians about.

To claim that some political leader, religious figure or charismatic figure will be the undoing of the faith of the entire Christian world (nominal though they be) is not only (I believe) unfaithful to the text of scripture, but it flies in the face of the extent of deception that already works in the church today according to the Eastern Mysticism that has infiltrated many of the churches so radically. One man is really going to be more of a deceiving influence than a whole movement? I'm not saying all churches are so infiltrated, and I'm not saying it is the great deception, but in keeping with my comments above - the scriptures are not telling us to be on our guard over a man. We don't, after all, wrestle against flesh and blood but against powers and principalities and spiritual wickedness in high places.

Keeping that in mind I have a few short points about the famous passage in 2 Thessalonians 2 :

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

2 Thessalonians 2:3-4

1. Here we have someone saying "I am God" (or so it seems). Such a claim even Jesus didn't come out and make in such a blatant, obvious and direct way. Rather, He let His works and His words speak for Him. Anyone can make such ludicrous claims, but what man - sitting at the table across from you - will be able to back up the claim "I am God"? None. At best he will be considered a holy prophet. But this passage isn't talking about a mere prophet or someone simply speaking for God - this is about some entity claiming Godhood above all else.

2. This entity/man puts him (or it) self into the temple. Again...to assert that someone walks into a rebuilt temple and claims to be God (and as a result is worshipped as God) is just plain silliness. This exaltation described in verse 4 goes well beyond just a claim and a physical location.

3. Importantly, we have two things here that strongly suggest something far more insidious. First, the MoS opposes and exalts himself above God or that is worshipped (!) SO THAT he AS GOD sits in the temple of God. This is not describing a physical placement bringing about acceptance as God - rather, this is accepted worship of the MoS bringing him in to the temple of God. He is worshipped SO THAT he is in the temple. NOT being in the temple bringing him worship. And his sitting in the temple of God here implies no physical walking in or physical taking of a seat - it implies very strongly a spiritual delusion that causes men to worship a lie.

4. Secondly, Paul use the Greek word naos where we have it translated as temple. In all his letters, that term is used only in a spiritual sense. The church (not the building) is the temple of God. This is the way Paul uses the term in all his letters (1 Cor 3:16-17, I Cor 6:19, 2 Cor 6:16, Eph 2:21 and here in 2 Thess 2:4 being assumed). And all its uses in Revelation are arguably spiritual as well.

So we don't have someone who is simply claiming Godhood, we have something or someone taking the place of God in the church. In a spiritual sense, it is impossible to do so as a localized individual. In a physical sense, the only entity that has even possibly fulfilled that is the Papacy (Vicar of Christ being a term given only to the Holy Spirit, for example). The Reformers - almost to a man - believed that. It was central to much of their theology. It can't be so easily dismissed as ludicrous.

But again, if there is a further expression of the Spirit of Antichrist, there is nothing that I can see that would prevent that. If we are looking for names and/or faces and/or political characters to fulfill prophecies, we are missing the point. That is just as easy a way to be deceived (or at least confused) as anything.

Zeke

That would be like demanding a Caterpillar to fly to prove he is also has the butterfly in him yet to be manifested, just because you can't say your a Son of God because you think like a son of man is your lack of faith/foresight in who your are, that's not some humble pious position! its unbelief.

KingdomRose

The church has already fallen away en mass. The "Antichrist" is not an individual but an all-pervasive attitude of seeking to deceive people away from the truth. Paul warned of this back in the first century, as we read at Acts 20:29,30: "I know that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock; and from among your own selves men will arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after them."

This has happened, with the result being what we see today as Christendom---false Christianity. It shows itself as the Roman Catholic Church, the Orthodox Churches, and all of the denominations that came from them.

There will be no individual Antichrist. We already have this Anti-christ in all the religious organizations of self-proclaimed Christians who are not really following Christ, as can be seen by their works. Satan has already got people to believe in his disgusting religious organizations that speak out of one side of their mouths and act like Satan himself behind closed doors. Don't be waiting for an individual who will never come, and a rebuilt temple that will never be rebuilt.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
The church has already fallen away en mass. The "Antichrist" is not an individual but an all-pervasive attitude of seeking to deceive people away from the truth. Paul warned of this back in the first century, as we read at Acts 20:29,30: "I know that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock; and from among your own selves men will arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after them."

This has happened, with the result being what we see today as Christendom---false Christianity. It shows itself as the Roman Catholic Church, the Orthodox Churches, and all of the denominations that came from them.

There will be no individual Antichrist. We already have this Anti-christ in all the religious organizations of self-proclaimed Christians who are not really following Christ, as can be seen by their works. Satan has already got people to believe in his disgusting religious organizations that speak out of one side of their mouths and act like Satan himself behind closed doors. Don't be waiting for an individual who will never come, and a rebuilt temple that will never be rebuilt.

Yes.

WatchmanOnTheWall

I do not know that I can agree with you. However, my studies of scripture and history apart from Islam, studying the Bible and not knowing history beyond it, I do not know what to think. Meaning, I am against sensationalism, such as with end times things. Remember it was said, in these last days. So, if we can, we should be able to fill in the blanks. And from Torah to Jesus there is much that we can learn. As for Islam I am not a Muslim, and I believe many Muslims study Jewish and Christian things, perhaps coming to understand God's Word as it was meant to be understood. That said, many are not Muslims but of Ishmael or other, commonly misunderstood. It is possible to have once been a Muslim. I have only had thoughts about whether or not I am. After becoming acquainted with Muslims and as my memory is far removed from that acquaintance. But I grew up Christian, debated an Imam shared Christ with him, and I am a proselyte to and or of Israel. My contact with Muslims has been minimal, with attention to hospitality as a man not a woman and one whose old High School Gym was used for a meeting.

The United States of America.

Shalom.

Jacob

okay

WatchmanOnTheWall

If I might make a couple of observations on prophetic interpretation. First a couple of scriptures :

And his disciples asked him, saying, Why then say the scribes that Elias must first come?
And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things.
But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them
Matthew 17:10-12

The Pharisees also with the Sadducees came, and tempting desired him that he would shew them a sign from heaven.
He answered and said unto them, When it is evening, ye say, It will be fair weather: for the sky is red.
And in the morning, It will be foul weather to day: for the sky is red and lowering. O ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky; but can ye not discern the signs of the times?
A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas. And he left them, and departed.

Matthew 16:1-4

If you read the scriptures, you find many examples of prophecy being given and men missing the fulfillment of it because they were not looking aright. John the Baptist didn't have the name "Elijah" and didn't claim so to be - and Israel missed it (in large numbers).
Not all:

Matthew 17:13
Then the disciples understood that he was talking to them about John the Baptist.

But like most Christians you also miss the second point Jesus made;

Matthew 17:11
Jesus replied, "To be sure, Elijah comes and will restore all things.

This is yet to happen. The fact you don't believe or understand it is irrelevant.

Jesus came in a manner and with a pedigree the religious leaders wouldn't even tolerate and so they rejected Him as Messiah. Jesus made the point to them (above) that they were looking for the wrong thing and it was because of their unbelief. The signs of the times are timeless and are unmistakable in any context (for the one really looking for them).
"Signs of the times!, signs of the times." I get fed up with hearing this vague cliche. It means nothing to anyone!
But if someone is relying on names, titles, personalities etc..., they are looking to something that is liable to bring a misconception. Even the disciples expected Jesus to liberate Israel from Rome - and they were deeply disappointed (to say the least) when He didn't do what they expected Him to do (and this from their own prophets!).

The Lord revealed Himself to those who looked for Him a first time and He will return a second time unto salvation for those that, again are looking...FOR HIM. But we don't look for the description of a man's appearance or any political entity or king that will supposedly exist in the day of either Christ or Anti-Christ (whenever that be). Rather, we look at the signs of the times themselves. So when we read of descriptions of those who are to come (like the Man of Sin), we are not reading a newspaper clipping but rather a spiritual biography of someone (or something) that is of immense import to the church. Paul did, after all, say these things to the Thessalonian church to keep them from looking for the return of Christ before something else occurred. I believe many of them were concerned and had left jobs, homes etc...(I may have this point wrong) because they didn't want to miss Christ's return. Paul wrote back to set their minds at ease and have them looking, rather, to keep on doing what they had been doing in serving Christ :

Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.
Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace,
Comfort your hearts, and stablish you in every good word and work.

2 Thessalonians 2:15-17

With that said, he did tell them that there was something that would have to precede Christ's return : the unveiling of the Man of Sin. I won't tell you what I believe is being said specifically about the withholding and what the precise identity of the MoS is (since my aim is to communicate what I see being important about Paul's letter) but rather the characteristics of the deception that he warns the Thessalonians about.
Then stop wasting yours and ours time, Your vague drivel means nothing to anyone. Either tell us plainly what you think or be quiet. There's enough babble as it is in the church.
To claim that some political leader, religious figure or charismatic figure will be the undoing of the faith of the entire Christian world (nominal though they be) is not only (I believe) unfaithful to the text of scripture, but it flies in the face of the extent of deception that already works in the church today according to the Eastern Mysticism that has infiltrated many of the churches so radically. One man is really going to be more of a deceiving influence than a whole movement? I'm not saying all churches are so infiltrated, and I'm not saying it is the great deception, but in keeping with my comments above - the scriptures are not telling us to be on our guard over a man. We don't, after all, wrestle against flesh and blood but against powers and principalities and spiritual wickedness in high places.

Keeping that in mind I have a few short points
Short! You don't even know the meaning of the word!
about the famous passage in 2 Thessalonians 2 :

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

2 Thessalonians 2:3-4

1. Here we have someone saying "I am God" (or so it seems). Such a claim even Jesus didn't come out and make in such a blatant, obvious and direct way. Rather, He let His works and His words speak for Him. Anyone can make such ludicrous claims, but what man - sitting at the table across from you - will be able to back up the claim "I am God"? None. At best he will be considered a holy prophet. But this passage isn't talking about a mere prophet or someone simply speaking for God - this is about some entity claiming Godhood above all else.

2. This entity/man puts him (or it) self into the temple. Again...to assert that someone walks into a rebuilt temple and claims to be God (and as a result is worshipped as God) is just plain silliness. This exaltation described in verse 4 goes well beyond just a claim and a physical location.
You don't even believe what the Bible says!
3. Importantly, we have two things here that strongly suggest something far more insidious. First, the MoS opposes and exalts himself above God or that is worshipped (!) SO THAT he AS GOD sits in the temple of God. This is not describing a physical placement bringing about acceptance as God - rather, this is accepted worship of the MoS bringing him in to the temple of God. He is worshipped SO THAT he is in the temple. NOT being in the temple bringing him worship. And his sitting in the temple of God here implies no physical walking in or physical taking of a seat - it implies very strongly a spiritual delusion that causes men to worship a lie.

4. Secondly, Paul use the Greek word naos where we have it translated as temple. In all his letters, that term is used only in a spiritual sense. The church (not the building) is the temple of God. This is the way Paul uses the term in all his letters (1 Cor 3:16-17, I Cor 6:19, 2 Cor 6:16, Eph 2:21 and here in 2 Thess 2:4 being assumed). And all its uses in Revelation are arguably spiritual as well.

So we don't have someone who is simply claiming Godhood, we have something or someone taking the place of God in the church. In a spiritual sense, it is impossible to do so as a localized individual. In a physical sense, the only entity that has even possibly fulfilled that is the Papacy (Vicar of Christ being a term given only to the Holy Spirit, for example). The Reformers - almost to a man - believed that. It was central to much of their theology. It can't be so easily dismissed as ludicrous.
After this looooong speech about not picking an individual you then pick one and like a novice you pick a Christian! who heads the largest denomination within the 'earthly' church. School boy error! The Mahdi will enforce Sharia law and cut off any Christian heads who refuse to convert. Just as it says:

Revelation 20:4
I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

But again, if there is a further expression of the Spirit of Antichrist, there is nothing that I can see that would prevent that. If we are looking for names and/or faces and/or political characters to fulfill prophecies, we are missing the point. That is just as easy a way to be deceived (or at least confused) as anything.

And the you go right back to contradicting yourself! You are ripe cannon fodder for Satan's coming deception.

WatchmanOnTheWall

The church has already fallen away en mass.
You idiot. The Christianity is the largest and fastest growing religion on Earth.
The "Antichrist" is not an individual but an all-pervasive attitude of seeking to deceive people away from the truth.
Read you Bible more, He is called the MAN of sin, not the ATTITUDE of sin.
Paul warned of this back in the first century, as we read at Acts 20:29,30: "I know that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock; and from among your own selves men will arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after them."
Wolves! Plural! not singular. Get some English lessons.
Go to those denominations and you will find Christians within them. There are Christians and non-Christians within every denomination. Denominations do not distinguish between Christians and non-Christians. Your reasoning is illogical child like nonsense. Grow up and get an education!

You need help reading your Bible! Go to Sunday school and start again.

nikolai_42

Not all:

Matthew 17:13
Then the disciples understood that he was talking to them about John the Baptist.

But like most Christians you also miss the second point Jesus made;

Matthew 17:11
Jesus replied, "To be sure, Elijah comes and will restore all things.

This is yet to happen. The fact you don't believe or understand it is irrelevant.

Note the order and the full passage :

But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them.
Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist.

Matthew 17:10-13

Jeus FIRST makes the statement about Elijah coming first and restoring all things. THEN He says that Elijah had already come! Not that he would come later. Matthew even makes it clear for the reader (in case they hadn't realized it) that Jesus was talking about Elijah. The point here is not the name or identity of the individual but rather the role and purpose that person fulfills. Otherwise, they should have been looking for someone who looked like Elijah (and how would they know that?).

"Signs of the times!, signs of the times." I get fed up with hearing this vague cliche. It means nothing to anyone!

Apparently it meant something to Jesus and it should have meant something to the scribes and Pharisees. Jesus' point was that they were looking for some big sign - some emphatic outworking that would mark the prophetic importance of (in this case) Jesus arriving as Messiah - but what they were looking for wasn't going to help them in identifying what was important. On the other hand, what about a man such as Simeon who didn't get any big sign or manifestation? All he saw was a little baby :

And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him.
And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord's Christ.
And he came by the Spirit into the temple: and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to do for him after the custom of the law,
Then took he him up in his arms, and blessed God, and said,
Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace, according to thy word:
For mine eyes have seen thy salvation,

Luke 2:25-30

There was nothing for him to note (externally) that this was the promised Messiah, but he knew it because he understood what was going on spiritually and could discern the times - and had been promised by God to see His salvation. No externals. All spiritual. So when it came to the Pharisees, their desire for a sign showed their unbelief. As such, Jesus' comments about the signs of the times are VERY important. One need not have a knowledge about the (outward) identity of the antichrist is to know what is necessary for him to arise. Paul described that very well and showed what was happening in the church in the midst of the Man of Sin's ascendancy. Nowhere, however, did he say who this would be. He only gave spiritual indicators. That's exactly what the Pharisees were promised. After all, more signs and wonders weren't going to make them believe anyway (Luke 16:31).

Then stop wasting yours and ours time, Your vague drivel means nothing to anyone. Either tell us plainly what you think or be quiet. There's enough babble as it is in the church.

Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly.
Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.

John 10:24-25

That vague drivel is necessary to understand what I'm trying to say. My point is that everyone who came on here has said (essentially) "You've got the wrong man - this is the right man!" and proceeds to produce a new identity. My point (and I admit it sounded like I wasn't going to identify anyone, not well-worded, sorry) there is that I do believe there is a MoS, but that the identifying characteristics are at least as important as a name. In that sense, the identification is less important than an actual name. And if - as I believe - it goes beyond a single person alive at a single point in time, then the spiritual description of such an entity becomes more useful than the name or title. You can't obscure an individual's identity - but you can obscure something bigger. As movements grow, they take on a life of their own. And so what qualifies (for example) as true Christianity becomes more complex than picking someone out of a lineup. But if you're looking for a single person, all you need to do is describe his external features.

Consider also that the Lord will destroy the Man of Sin with the brightness of His coming. He calls it the mystery of iniquity (2 Thessalonians 2:7). Is that a single man? Is that a single individual that necessitates such spectacular judgment? I will admit that I may be wrong about the Papacy being THE Man of Sin (I also question whether the MoS and the Antichrist are necessarily identical with one another - but that's not a sticking point here). But what I find very important is that the characteristics described here are far beyond any one man whose life spans 80 or even 100 years. We are dealing with something well beyond that - something that cannot be properly localized in a single individual.

Short! You don't even know the meaning of the word! You don't even believe what the Bible says!After this looooong speech about not picking an individual you then pick one and like a novice you pick a Christian! who heads the largest denomination within the 'earthly' church. School boy error!

There again, I would raise the point that just because someone calls themselves Christian doesn't mean they are of God. In fact, the whole point of deception is that things aren't really as they appear to be on the surface. Do those who know the Lord trust in Mary for their spiritual provision? Do those who know the Lord believe in a Mass that essentially recrucifies Christ every time it is had and is plainly said to be the key to the RC sacramental system?

The Mahdi will enforce Sharia law and cut off any Christian heads who refuse to convert. Just as it says:

Revelation 20:4
I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

If I can point something out - the beast is not a single person. Daniel clearly calls the beasts empires. Revelation picks up where Daniel leaves off. So if you are going to be consistent, you need to realize that this is much bigger than some individual. And if you want to equate the Mahdi with the Man of Sin, you need to demonstrate how the apostasy and the Mahdi appearing in the temple are directly linked. And what lying signs and wonders does he bring? Your OP strings 2 verses together and comes to a conclusion on the strength of that alone. You want brief, but when brevity sacrifices accuracy it is counter-productive.

And the you go right back to contradicting yourself! You are ripe cannon fodder for Satan's coming deception.

Again...my point is that while I do believe that the Man of Sin can be identified (and may or may NOT be the same thing as THE Antichrist), the important thing is to have a spiritual biography of this man, entity (or whatever you or others might think it is) before coming to any conclusions about the name. You called Roman Catholicism the largest Christian denomination. That right there is an example of being more focused on names than descriptions.

Last edited:

WatchmanOnTheWall

Note the order and the full passage :

But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them.
Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist.

Matthew 17:10-13

Jeus FIRST makes the statement about Elijah coming first and restoring all things. THEN He says that Elijah had already come! Not that he would come later. Matthew even makes it clear for the reader (in case they hadn't realized it) that Jesus was talking about Elijah. The point here is not the name or identity of the individual but rather the role and purpose that person fulfills. Otherwise, they should have been looking for someone who looked like Elijah (and how would they know that?).

Apparently it meant something to Jesus and it should have meant something to the scribes and Pharisees. Jesus' point was that they were looking for some big sign - some emphatic outworking that would mark the prophetic importance of (in this case) Jesus arriving as Messiah - but what they were looking for wasn't going to help them in identifying what was important. On the other hand, what about a man such as Simeon who didn't get any big sign or manifestation? All he saw was a little baby :

And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him.
And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord's Christ.
And he came by the Spirit into the temple: and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to do for him after the custom of the law,
Then took he him up in his arms, and blessed God, and said,
Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace, according to thy word:
For mine eyes have seen thy salvation,

Luke 2:25-30

There was nothing for him to note (externally) that this was the promised Messiah, but he knew it because he understood what was going on spiritually and could discern the times - and had been promised by God to see His salvation. No externals. All spiritual. So when it came to the Pharisees, their desire for a sign showed their unbelief. As such, Jesus' comments about the signs of the times are VERY important. One need not have a knowledge about the (outward) identity of the antichrist is to know what is necessary for him to arise. Paul described that very well and showed what was happening in the church in the midst of the Man of Sin's ascendancy. Nowhere, however, did he say who this would be. He only gave spiritual indicators. That's exactly what the Pharisees were promised. After all, more signs and wonders weren't going to make them believe anyway (Luke 16:31).

Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly.
Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.

John 10:24-25

That vague drivel is necessary to understand what I'm trying to say. My point is that everyone who came on here has said (essentially) "You've got the wrong man - this is the right man!" and proceeds to produce a new identity. My point (and I admit it sounded like I wasn't going to identify anyone, not well-worded, sorry) there is that I do believe there is a MoS, but that the identifying characteristics are at least as important as a name. In that sense, the identification is less important than an actual name. And if - as I believe - it goes beyond a single person alive at a single point in time, then the spiritual description of such an entity becomes more useful than the name or title. You can't obscure an individual's identity - but you can obscure something bigger. As movements grow, they take on a life of their own. And so what qualifies (for example) as true Christianity becomes more complex than picking someone out of a lineup. But if you're looking for a single person, all you need to do is describe his external features.

Consider also that the Lord will destroy the Man of Sin with the brightness of His coming. He calls it the mystery of iniquity (2 Thessalonians 2:7). Is that a single man? Is that a single individual that necessitates such spectacular judgment? I will admit that I may be wrong about the Papacy being THE Man of Sin (I also question whether the MoS and the Antichrist are necessarily identical with one another - but that's not a sticking point here). But what I find very important is that the characteristics described here are far beyond any one man whose life spans 80 or even 100 years. We are dealing with something well beyond that - something that cannot be properly localized in a single individual.

There again, I would raise the point that just because someone calls themselves Christian doesn't mean they are of God. In fact, the whole point of deception is that things aren't really as they appear to be on the surface. Do those who know the Lord trust in Mary for their spiritual provision? Do those who know the Lord believe in a Mass that essentially recrucifies Christ every time it is had and is plainly said to be the key to the RC sacramental system?

If I can point something out - the beast is not a single person. Daniel clearly calls the beasts empires. Revelation picks up where Daniel leaves off. So if you are going to be consistent, you need to realize that this is much bigger than some individual. And if you want to equate the Mahdi with the Man of Sin, you need to demonstrate how the apostasy and the Mahdi appearing in the temple are directly linked. And what lying signs and wonders does he bring? Your OP strings 2 verses together and comes to a conclusion on the strength of that alone. You want brief, but when brevity sacrifices accuracy it is counter-productive.

Again...my point is that while I do believe that the Man of Sin can be identified (and may or may NOT be the same thing as THE Antichrist), the important thing is to have a spiritual biography of this man, entity (or whatever you or others might think it is) before coming to any conclusions about the name. You called Roman Catholicism the largest Christian denomination. That right there is an example of being more focused on names than descriptions.

More vague contradictory diatribe.:blabla::blabla::blabla::blabla::blabla::blabla::blabla::blabla::blabla::blabla::blabla::blabla::blabla::blabla::blabla::blabla::blabla::blabla::blabla::blabla::blabla::blabla::blabla::blabla::blabla::blabla:

This is how it is:

1. Anti-Christ: Muslim Mahdi.
2. False Prophet: Jewish High Priest.
3. The strange god(Daniel 11:39)/The dragon(Revelation 13:1)/Abaddon(Revelation 9:11)/Satan: Posing as Isa(The Muslim name for Jesus).
4. These three above appear and the Tribulation begins in Oct 2022.
5. Jesus returns Sept 2029.
6. 1000 year reign begins.

Job done.

nikolai_42

More vague contradictory diatribe.:blabla::blabla::blabla::blabla::blabla::blabla::blabla::blabla::blabla::blabla::blabla::blabla::blabla::blabla::blabla::blabla::blabla::blabla::blabla::blabla::blabla::blabla::blabla::blabla::blabla::blabla:

This is how it is:

1. Anti-Christ: Muslim Mahdi.
2. False Prophet: Jewish High Priest.
3. The strange god(Daniel 11:39)/The dragon(Revelation 13:1)/Abaddon(Revelation 9:11)/Satan: Posing as Isa(The Muslim name for Jesus).
4. These three above appear and the Tribulation begins in Oct 2022.
5. Jesus returns Sept 2029.
6. 1000 year reign begins.

Job done.

So...if someone happened to assassinate the Muslim Mahdi, what would happen to all the prophecies concerning the Antichrist? And since you believe the beast is an individual (contrary to the prophetic interpretation of beasts as empires given in Daniel), how does this image of the beast get established - considering Islam is dead set against iconography (and, in fact, persecuted the church in the middle ages because of its pictorial representations)?

WatchmanOnTheWall

So...if someone happened to assassinate the Muslim Mahdi, what would happen to all the prophecies concerning the Antichrist?
Won't happen.
And since you believe the beast is an individual (contrary to the prophetic interpretation of beasts as empires given in Daniel),
The empires Daniel described and their rulers are as follows:

1. Nimrod—Babylonians
2. Pharaoh Thutmose III—Egyptians
3. Sennacherib—Assyrians
4. Nebuchadnezzar—Babylonians
5. Antiochus Epiphanes IV—Greeks
6. Nero—Romans
7. Hitler—Germans
8. The Assyrian Muslim Mahdi Anti-Christ - Abaddon/Satan, and the
Israeli/Rothschild's/New World Order

Revelation 17:11
The beast who once was, and now is not, is an eighth king. He belongs to the seven and is going to his destruction.

how does this image of the beast get established - considering Islam is dead set against iconography (and, in fact, persecuted the church in the middle ages because of its pictorial representations)?

They break their own laws whenever it suits their satanic agenda. Besides it is an image of the Anti-Christ, not Mohammed.

nikolai_42

Won't happen.
The empires Daniel described and their rulers are as follows:

1. Nimrod—Babylonians
2. Pharaoh Thutmose III—Egyptians
3. Sennacherib—Assyrians
4. Nebuchadnezzar—Babylonians
5. Antiochus Epiphanes IV—Greeks
6. Nero—Romans
7. Hitler—Germans
8. The Assyrian Muslim Mahdi Anti-Christ - Abaddon/Satan, and the
Israeli/Rothschild's/New World Order

Revelation 17:11
The beast who once was, and now is not, is an eighth king. He belongs to the seven and is going to his destruction.

They break their own laws whenever it suits their satanic agenda. Besides it is an image of the Anti-Christ, not Mohammed.

Just assuming for the moment that the Mahdi is the Man of Sin, how are you going to recognize him? What's going to identify him as who and what he really is?

WatchmanOnTheWall

Just assuming for the moment that the Mahdi is the Man of Sin, how are you going to recognize him? What's going to identify him as who and what he really is?

He will come from (have been born in) the the ancient territory of Assyria now geographically comprised of modern day Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, southeast Turkey,and western Iran.

Isaiah 10:5-8
5 “Woe to the Assyrian, the rod of my anger, in whose hand is the club of my wrath!

And very likely have a particular association to Tyre as pointed out in: Ezekiel 28:1-19

He will be Muslim of course and be a Shitte (which are about 15% of the Muslim population)

He will over thirty minimum and under 50 maximum in my opinion. Therefore about 40.

He will speak Arabic and maybe some English but not necessarily IMO.

His character will be similar to Hitlers. A good speech maker able to rally people to the Muslim end times belief, similar to how Hitler would invoke the fourth Reich.

He will appear by October 2022 in Damascus and will be instantly recognised as the de-facto leader of the Shia Muslims. This event will be over seen by Isa (The Muslim's long awaited return of Jesus) but this will really be Satan himself.

Satan will pose as Jesus to deceive the world while at the same time be worshipped. This deception will happen over 2022 as a global alien deception.

It will be easy to know who the AC will be after October 2022. Before this it may be possible to pick him out but difficult as like Hitler he will be a relative unknown before he takes power but will happen over night so will be even more difficult. I am look for him though, same as the High Priest who's selection process is already under way:
https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/..._campaign=9db55e7d74-BIN_#ddqfoMOj08RkLhXk.97

nikolai_42

So when Jesus warned against deception He was thinking of a physical profile to look out for? You have put up one or two verses that are of doubtful value in absolutely identifying the human representation of Satan’s activity on earth and can only make assertions (which have not been validated but are often admittedly guesses) on the fleshly appearance of this man? Now do you understand why I was more interested in a spiritual rather than physical identity?

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

WatchmanOnTheWall

So when Jesus warned against deception He was thinking of a physical profile to look out for? You have put up one or two verses that are of doubtful value in absolutely identifying the human representation of Satan’s activity on earth and can only make assertions (which have not been validated but are often admittedly guesses) on the fleshly appearance of this man? Now do you understand why I was more interested in a spiritual rather than physical identity?

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

I didn't bother putting up all the scriptures that support this as it's a lot but if that's what you want here it is but I bet you don't read it all:

The Bible foretells they will eventually be challenged by the Anti-Christ, along with his powerful
strange ally, also known as Abaddon, and will cause the sacrifices to be stopped. The real identity of the strange god/Abaddon is alluded to in the following verses:

Revelation 9:11
They had as king over them the angel of the Abyss, whose name in Hebrew is Abaddon, and in Greek is Apollyon (that is, Destroyer).

Abaddon is the King of the Abyss of Hell and is called the destroyer, who will kill, and steal at every available opportunity:

John 10:10
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

Abaddon is simply another name for Satan, who is the deceiver, and can present himself in numerous ways. Satan will do everything he can to try and control the events of the end times, as this is his last opportunity before he is sent to the Abyss for a thousand years, so he will want to be the main player in this end times scenario. Also in Revelation it shows how Satan gives his authority to the Anti-Christ, which he originally stole from Adam, and tried to tempt Jesus with:

Revelation 13:2-4
2 The dragon [Satan] gave the beast [The Anti-Christ] his power, and his throne, and great authority.
4 People worshipped the dragon [Satan] because he had given authority to the beast [The Anti-Christ], and they also worshipped the beast, [The Anti-Christ] and asked, “Who is like the beast? Who can wage war against it?”

Halfway through the last seven years the Anti-Christ will invade Israel, but the False Prophet will be given supernatural powers by Satan which he will use to appease the Anti-Christ, so that the temple is not destroyed, but after the 1,290 days the new High Priest will finally be pressured into ordering the setting up of the image of the Anti-Christ, and issuing the mark of the beast (another money making scheme). Here is a prophecy about this High Priest who will be the False Prophet, notice also how his right eye is blinded, leaving his left eye, like that on the dollar bill:

Zechariah 11:16-17
16 For indeed I will raise up a shepherd in the land who will not care for those who are cut off, nor seek the young, nor heal those that are broken, nor feed those that still stand. But he will eat the flesh of the fat, and tear their hooves in pieces. 17 “Woe to the worthless shepherd, who deserts the flock! May the sword strike his arm and his right eye! May his arm be completely withered, his right eye totally blinded!”

It would make sense for several reasons that the Jewish High Priest turns out to be the False Prophet of the Bible, as Israel was always plagued by false prophets leading the people astray and would therefore fit the pattern of past warnings in the Bible against false prophets. Also, Jesus continually warned, and even said plainly that the religious leaders of His time would be condemned to Hell, how much more so after two thousand years of continual world wide evangelism about Jesus being the fulfilment of the Jewish Messiah. And probably most pertinently of all, it was just these types of Jewish leaders that ultimately had Jesus unfairly put on trial to be crucified. It would also make sense of some verses in the Jewish Talmud, where a conversation between two rabbis who are trying to make sense of the identities of four individuals presented in a prophecy by Zechariah:

Zechariah 1:18-20
18 Then I looked up, and there before me were four horns. 19 I asked the angel who was speaking to me,
“What are these?” He answered me, “These are the horns that scattered Judah, Israel and Jerusalem.” 20 Then the LORD showed me four craftsmen.

Talmud Sukkah 52b:33-40
33 And the LORD showed me four craftsmen. 34 Who are these ‘four craftsmen’? R. Hana b. Bizna citing R. Simeon Hasida replied: The Messiah the son of David, the Messiah the son of Joseph, Elijah and the Righteous Priest. 35 R. Shesheth objected, 36 If so, was it correct to write, These 37 are the horns which scattered Judah, 38 seeing that they came to turn [them] back? 39 The other answered him, Go to the end of the verse: These then are come to frighten them, to cast down the horns of the nations, which lifted up their horns against the Land of Judah, to scatter it 40 etc. Why, said R. Shesheth to him, should I argue with Hana in Aggada?

Many orthodox Jews believe these verses are prophetic, and whether they are or not, the Rabbis here believed they point to four end time figures:

1. The Messiah son of David who they are still waiting for.
2. Another Messiah called Ben Joseph, who’s a conquering king who will rule the world.
3. Elijah.
4. A righteous priest.

However, the truth is this is speaking of:

1. Jesus
2. The Antichrist.
3. Elijah, one of the Two Witnesses.
4. The False Prophet.

In fact, the Bible actually gives a prophecy revealing that the False Prophet will be Jewish:

Revelation 13:11-15
11 Then I saw a second beast [The False Prophet], coming out of the earth. It had two horns like a lamb, but it spoke like a dragon. 12 It exercised all the authority of the first beast [The Anti-Christ] on its behalf, and made the earth, and its inhabitants worship the first beast, whose fatal wound had been healed. 13 And it performed great signs, even causing fire to come down from Heaven to the earth in full view of the people. 14 Because of the signs it was given power to perform, on behalf of the first beast, it
deceived the inhabitants of the earth. It ordered them to set up an image in honour of the beast who was wounded by the sword, and yet lived. 15 The second beast was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that the image could speak, and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed.

In Bible symbolism, the Earth is seen as Israel and the Sea as the other nations, while horns represent power and the lamb represent Jesus. Therefore, the beast coming out of the Earth is Jewish, powerful, and although seems harmless like a lamb, he is really a wolf in sheep’s clothing, who will speak the language of Satan which are lies and accusations. He will have authority given to him by the Anti-Christ, as long as he does what the Anti-Christ wants. He will set up the image, while making more wealth, but secretly he will be hoping and planning that in time the Anti-Christ will be defeated, and leave him to control things his way. However, Satan will give the False Prophet supernatural powers which he will use to deceive people into taking the mark and worshipping the image of the Anti-Christ:

Revelation 19:20
But the beast was captured, and with it the false prophet who had performed the signs on its behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast, and worshipped its image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulphur.

Also in Genesis Jacob prophesied about the tribe of Dan:

Genesis 49;17
Dan will be a snake by the roadside, a viper along the path, that bites the horse’s heels so that its rider tumbles backward.

This rather negative prophecy about the tribe of Dan also points to the fact they are conspicuously missing from the tribes of the 144,000 in the book of Revelation. One half of the tribe of Dan also bordered Syria, where in the Old Testament they fell into idol worship, the False Prophet will most likely be from this tribe. However, Revelation also alludes to the identity of the Anti-Christ:

Revelation 13:16-18
16 It [The image] also forced all people, treat and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right
hands or on their foreheads, 17 so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast [The Anti-Christ] or the number of its name. 18 This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast [The Anti-Christ], for it is the number of a man. That number is 666.

Today there are many theories as to what this is referring to, so many it’s as if Satan himself has promoted the number out of pride, and arrogance, and maybe also to try and hide the real meaning. When John wrote this by divine revelation, it was no different than any of the other Bible ‘riddle,’ and by letting the Bible interpret the Bible the answer is easily found in the only other place the Bible that mentions 666, as you read on notice the wealth that Solomon had:

1 Kings:10:14-25
14 The weight of the gold that Solomon received yearly was 666 talents, 15 not including the revenues from merchants and traders and from all the Arabian kings and the governors of the territories. 16 King Solomon made two hundred large shields of hammered gold; six hundred shekels of gold went into each shield. 17 He also made three hundred small shields of hammered gold, with three minas of gold in each shield. The king put them in the Palace of the Forest of Lebanon. 18 Then the king made a great throne covered with ivory and overlaid with fine gold. 19 The throne had six steps, and its back had a rounded top. On both sides of the seat were armrests, with a lion standing beside each of them. 20 Twelve lions stood on the six steps, one at either end of each step. Nothing like it had ever been made for any other kingdom. 21 All King Solomon’s goblets were gold, and all the household articles in the Palace of the Forest of Lebanon were pure gold. Nothing was made of silver, because silver was considered of little value in Solomon’s days. 22 The king had a fleet of trading ships at sea along with the ships of Hiram. Once every three years it returned, carrying gold, silver and ivory, and apes and baboons. 23 King Solomon was greater in riches and wisdom than all the other kings of the earth. 24 The whole world sought audience with Solomon to hear the wisdom God had put in his heart. 25 Year after year, everyone who came brought a gift, articles of silver and gold, robes, weapons and spices, and horses and mules.

This is all to do with wealth and ultimately its dangers as Jesus clearly warned us about so often. In Revelation, we are told the False Prophet will order the image of the beast to be set up in Jerusalem, which issues the mark in order for people to buy and sell goods. By then this image will have already been set up all over the world, over the last seven years while the Anti-Christ reigns. Israel will have been the most wealthy nation on Earth, and the False Prophet will now try to gain even more wealth from the dire situation, along with the Anti-Christ. This is not the first time the Bible has shown this type of thing to happen, as you have just read with Solomon for instance, it also happened in Joseph’s time with the seven years of famine and seven years of plenty in Egypt. And as
most people know:

1 Timothy 6:10
For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith, and pierced themselves with many griefs.

Having money itself is not evil, but greed is. However, as long as you do not wander from the faith, there is no limit to how much money a Christian can be blessed with.

Matthew 22:21
Then he said to them, “So give back to Caesar what is Caesar’s, and to God what is God’s.”

The Anti-Christ however is not Jewish, and a clue to his identity, besides his vast wealth, also lies amongst 1 Kings 10:

1 Kings:10:22
The king had a fleet of trading ships at sea along with the ships of Hiram. Once every three years it returned, carrying gold, silver and ivory, and apes, and baboons.

Hiram and Solomon were on friendly terms, and Hiram had supplied much of the materials for the building of the temple, he is also mentioned just before verse 22:

1 Kings:10:11
Hiram’s ships brought gold from Ophir; and from there they brought great cargoes of almugwood, and precious stones.

Hiram was the King of Tyre:

1 Kings 9:11
King Solomon gave twenty towns in Galilee to Hiram king of Tyre, because Hiram had supplied him with all the cedar, and juniper, and gold he wanted.

Tyre, a port town of Phoenicia, now modern day Lebanon, was under nominal rule from the Assyrian Empire during the seventh century BC, and the kings of Assyria conquered the northern kingdom of Israel, defeating the northern tribes, and taking many of them into slavery. Later in the sixth century BC, around the time the Babylonians invaded the southern Kingdom of Israel and destroyed Solomon’s temple, the book of Ezekiel gave a prophecy concerning the then King of Tyre, who is also mentioned in 1 Kings 16:31 as Ethbaal III. Notice here in these verses how this prophecy could easily be describing the governor of Tyre as the Anti-Christ, and the King of Tyre as Satan:

Ezekiel 28:1-19
1 The word of the LORD came to me: 2 “Son of man, say to the governor of Tyre, ‘This is what the Sovereign LORD says:” ’In the pride of your heart you say, “I am a god; I sit on the throne of a god in the heart of the seas.” But you are a mere mortal, and not a god, though you think you are as wise as a god. 3 Are you wiser than Daniel? Is no secret hidden from you? 4 By your wisdom and understanding you have gained wealth for yourself and amassed gold and silver in your treasuries. 5 By your great skill in trading you have increased your wealth, and because of your wealth your heart has grown proud. 6 “ ’Therefore this is that the Sovereign LORD says: “ ’Because you think you are wise, as wise as a god, 7 I am going to bring foreigners against you, the most ruthless of nations; they will draw their swords against your beauty and wisdom and pierce your shining splendour. 8 They will bring you down to the pit, and you will die a violent death in the heart of the seas. 9 Will you then say, “I am a god,” in the presence of those who kill you? You will be but a mortal, not a god, in the hands of those who slay you. 10 You will die the death of the uncircumcised at the hands of foreigners. I have spoken, declares the Sovereign LORD.’ ” 11 The word of the LORD came to me: 12 “Son of man, take up a lament concerning the king of Tyre and say to him: ‘This is what the Sovereign LORD says: “ ’You were the seal of perfection, full of wisdom and perfect in beauty. 13 You were in Eden, the garden of God; every precious stone
adorned you: carnelian, chrysolite and emerald, topaz, onyx and jasper, lapis lazuli, turquoise and beryl. Your settings and mountings were made of gold; on the day you were created they were prepared. 14 You were anointed as a guardian cherub, for so I ordained you. You were on the holy mount of God; you walked among the fiery stones. 15 You were blameless in your ways from the day you were created till wickedness was found in you. 16 Through your widespread trade you were filled with violence, and you sinned. So I drove you in disgrace from the mount of God, and I expelled you, guardian cherub, from among the fiery stones. 17 Your heart became proud on account of your beauty, and you corrupted your wisdom because of your splendour. So I threw you to the earth; I made a spectacle of you before kings. 18 By your many sins and dishonest trade you have desecrated your sanctuaries. So I made a fire come out from you, and it consumed you, and I reduced you to ashes on the ground in the sight of all who were watching. 19 All the nations who knew you are appalled at you; you have come to a horrible end, and will be no more.’ ”

This clearly draws a comparison between the Anti-Christ and Satan. However, Ethbaal III was a nominal king who was besieged by Nebuchadnezzar around the same
time Nebuchadnezzar also laid siege to Jerusalem, but geographically Lebanon is important in helping to identify the Anti-Christ. More information as to the identity of the Anti-Christ can also be found in Micah chapter five, written before the fall of the northern kingdom, this chapter starts with the foretelling of the Assyrian siege of the Northern Kingdom of Israel in the seventh century BC, but then jumps to a description of Jesus’ birth, then Jesus’ time of ministry, and then His second coming, finally from verse five onwards it describes Jesus fighting the Anti-Christ at the battle of Armageddon:

Micah 5:1-14
1 “Now muster yourselves in troops, daughter of troops; They have laid siege against us; With a rod they will smite the judge of Israel on the cheek. 2 “But as for you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, Too little to be among the clans of Judah, From you One will go forth for Me to be ruler in Israel [Jesus]. His goings forth are from long ago, From the days of eternity.” 3 Therefore He will give them up until the time when she who is in labour has borne a child. Then the remainder of His brethren will return to the sons of Israel. 4 And He will arise, and shepherd His flock in the strength of the LORD, In the majesty of the name of the LORD His
God. And they will remain, Because at that time He will be great, to the ends of the earth [Jesus’ second coming]. 5 This One will be our peace. When the Assyrian invades our land, When he tramples on our citadels [The Anti-Christ], Then we will raise against him Seven shepherds, and eight leaders of men. 6 They will shepherd the land of Assyria with the sword, The land of Nimrod at its entrances; And
He [Jesus] will deliver us from the Assyrian [The Anti-Christ] When he attacks our land And when he tramples our territory. 7 Then the remnant of Jacob will be among
many peoples Like dew from the LORD, Like showers on vegetation which do not wait for man or delay for the sons of men. 8 The remnant of Jacob will be among the nations, among many peoples like a lion among the beasts of the forest, like a young lion among flocks of sheep, which, if he passes through, tramples down and tears, and there is none to rescue. 9 Your hand will be lifted up against your adversaries, and all your enemies will be cut off. 10 “It will be in that day,” declares the LORD, “That I will cut off your horses from among you, and destroy your chariots. 11 “I will also cut off the cities of your land, and tear down all your fortifications. 12 “I will cut off sorceries from your hand, and you will have fortune-tellers no more. 13 “I will cut off your carved images, and your sacred pillars from among you, so that you will no longer bow down to the work of your hands. 14 “I will root out your Asherim from among you, and destroy your cities. “And I will execute vengeance in anger, and wrath on the nations which have not obeyed.”

Although this prophecy pointed to the Assyrian invasion of
Israel in the seventh century BC, this was but a foreshadow
of this prophecy’s final fulfilment, which culminates
with Jesus’ second coming. The actual translation of ‘the
Assyrian’ is singular and describes an individual. Micah
foretold not only of Jesus’ birth place in Bethlehem, but
also the country from which the Anti-Christ will rise
from, Assyria. Assyria was Israel’s first major enemy
after the establishment of its Kingdom by King David,
and King Solomon, and is now geographically comprised
of modern day Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, southeast Turkey,
and western Iran. The Anti-Christ will therefore come
from one of these countries, and possibly even from Tyre
itself, or maybe he will have a connection to both, such
as being born in one and then living in another. After
all, Jesus was prophesied as having a connection to more
than one place: Bethlehem, Egypt, Nazareth, Galilee,
Zebulun, and Naphtali. Another verse from Isaiah also
mentions this Assyrian:

Isaiah 10:5-8
5 “Woe to the Assyrian, the rod of my anger, in whose hand
is the club of my wrath! 6 I send him against a godless
nation, I dispatch him against a people who anger me, to
seize loot, and snatch plunder, and to trample them down
like mud in the streets. 7 But this is not what he intends,
this is not what he has in mind; his purpose is to destroy,
to put an end to many nations. 8 ‘Are not my commanders
all kings?’ he says.

The wicked are often used to achieve God’s purposes, like
King Nebuchadnezzar who was used by God when Daniel
interpreted the prophecy about the statue in his dream.

Daniel 2:32-35
32 The head of the statue was made of pure gold, its chest
and arms of silver, its belly and thighs of bronze, 33 its
legs of iron, its feet partly of iron and partly of baked clay.
34 While you were watching, a rock was cut out, but not
by human hands. It struck the statue on its feet of iron and
clay and smashed them. 35 Then the iron, the clay, the
bronze, the silver and the gold were all broken to pieces
and became like chaff on a threshing floor in the summer.
The wind swept them away without leaving a trace. But
the rock that struck the statue became a huge mountain
and filled the whole earth.

This dream actually helps give more information about
the identity of the Anti-Christ, each part of the statue
represented a different kingdom that had suppressed or
affected Israel over the years. Starting with the head of
gold which was Babylon, then the silver arms and chest
which represented the Medes and Persians. Next the
bronze belly and thighs represented the Greeks, beginning
with Alexander the Great and after his death his four
generals who took over. Two of these generals began ruling
dynasties that continued to dominate Israel, these were
the Ptolemies based in Egypt, and the Seleucids based in
Syria. These two families wrestled for control of Israel in
between the Old and New Testament times. This period
is called the inter-testimonial period, however, when the
Syrian Seleucid King Antiochus Epiphanies IV b.215 BC
d.164 BC desecrated the second temple in 168 BC, by
slaughtering a pig on its altar, a prominent Jewish family,
later to be called the Maccabeus, raised up a Jewish army,
and fought back gaining control over Judea. This event is
still celebrated today as the festival of Hanukkah, which
means dedication, in commemoration of the re-dedication
of the temple.

This brief period of independence is known as the
Hasmonean dynasty which came to an end in 63 BC
when the Romans came, and Israel were suppressed once
again. The Romans represent the iron legs of the statue
in Nebuchadnezzar’s dream, and by 70 AD the Roman
army had conquered Jerusalem totally, destroying the
second temple. The Jews were exiled from Jerusalem and
dispersed in what was called the diaspora. In 132 AD a
Jew called Simon Bar Kokhba organized a revolt against
Roman rule in Israel, but this only lasted a few years before
he was killed and the revolt was put down by the Roman
Emperor Hadrian b. 76 AD d. 138 AD, who decimated the
Jewish community, renamed Jerusalem, Aelia Capitolina,
and Judea, Palaestina. The Roman Empire then grew so
large that by 285 AD it literally divided in two, like a pair
of legs, between its eastern half with its capital Rome, and
its western half with its capital Byzantium. In 323 AD
Byzantium’s name was changed to Constantinople after
the Emperor Constantine, who also allowed Christianity
to be practised legally.

In 326 AD Constantine’s mother, Helena, visited Jerusalem
and began the construction of churches and shrines.
Jerusalem then became a center of Christianity, attracting
numerous pilgrims. By 380 AD Emperor Theodosius I
b.347 d.395 made Catholicism the state religion of the
Roman Empire, and by the end of the century Judea was
a mainly Christian area with Churches and monasteries in
Jerusalem, Bethlehem, and Galilee. However, Jews were
still denied access to Jerusalem itself, but in 438 AD the
Roman Empress Eudocia b.401 d.460, wife of Roman
Emperor Theodosius II b.401 d.450 removed the ban on
Jews praying at the temple site, which led to an increase
of Jewish communities in Jerusalem and Palestine, and
by about 450 AD the Jerusalem Talmud was completed.

However, Jews were still banned from building places of
worship, holding public office, or owning slaves. Then
in 476 AD the eastern half of Rome fell, due mainly to
invading masses migrating in uncontrolled moves around
the Empire. This left just the Roman Catholic Papacy in
Rome itself, which managed to survive through the years
as the religious hub of a growing Catholic Europe.

In 614AD the Persians from today’s Iran briefly gained
control over Jerusalem, destroying churches and expelling
the Jews, but Byzantine Roman Emperor Heraclius b.575
d.641 repulsed the Persian invasion, and in 629 AD
reconquered the city. However, this was short lived, and in
the 630s AD a new religion, Islam, had been begun by Abu
Al Qasim Muhammad b.570 AD d.632 AD. Muhammad
claimed that the angel Gabriel had visited him at the age of
forty, and three years later began preaching from Medina in
Arabia. After about twenty years, he had gained a following
by uniting various tribes in Arabia, they then marched on
Mecca about 200 km south and removed three hundred
and sixty pagan idols from what was Muhammad’s home
town. However, he retained one of the original pagan
gods, that is represented by a stone which Muslims try to
kiss and is set into the southeast corner of a large black
monolithic structure known as the Kaaba, which Muslims
walk around in ritualistic worship. Muhammad claimed
the structure was originally constructed by Abraham,
however, historical and archaeological evidence shows
that its existence begun only a few hundred years before
Muhammad’s lifetime. Based on a god called Allah which
means ‘the god,’ and who was worshipped prior to this
time as far back as 1700 BC in Babylon, this new force
that believed in a monotheistic god, rather than a pantheon
of gods spread from the Arabian peninsula, and within
only a few years both the Persian and Roman Byzantine
empires were defeated. By 638 AD Jerusalem had fallen to
the Muslim Arab Caliph Omar (Caliph means successor)
and became part of the Muslim Empire ruled from the city
of Medina. Omar founded the first mosque in Jerusalem
called the Al-Aqsa mosque on the temple mount site in
Jerusalem, that is just south of the golden Dome of the
Rock. It is somewhere in this vicinity that the Jewish
temple had previously been located.

Muslim rule of Jerusalem and Israel saw the end of the
European Roman Catholic rule that represented the legs
of iron and the beginning of the Muslim rule which
actually represents the clay in the feet of the statue
in Nebuchadnezzar’s dream. Although the following
centuries were marked by internal strife within the Muslim
world, changing caliphs ruled over most of the Middle
East, from Damascus from 661 AD and Baghdad from
750 AD. Jews and Christians were tolerated but subject to
special restrictions, which led many to either emigrate or
convert to Islam. In 969 AD Jerusalem was conquered by
the Fatimid dynasty, a rival caliphate based in Cairo, and
in 1071 AD the Arab dominance ended, when the Fatimids
were ejected by Muslim Seljuk Turks from Persia.

After more than four centuries of the Muslim ‘clay
feet’ rule, the iron in the statue’s feet returned with the
reconquest of Jerusalem in 1099 AD by Roman Catholic
Christian Europeans, under the orders of Roman Catholic
Pope Urban II b.1042 d.1099, who called for a crusade
against the Muslims in order to reclaim the Holy Land for
Catholic Christendom. In doing so, they massacred a large
number of Muslims and Jews, and over the following two
centuries the European crusaders fought various Muslim
rulers for control of the area. But in 1187 AD Saladin
b.1138 d.1193, a Muslim Kurdish general who ruled over
both Egypt and Syria, succeeded in recapturing Jerusalem
for the Muslims, thus returning the feet to ‘clay.’ However,
after several failed attempts by other crusades, Jerusalem
was again won back by the ‘iron’ of Roman Catholic
forces in 1229 AD, in what became known as the sixth
crusade led by Emperor Fredrick II b.1194 d.1250, who
achieved the peaceful transfer of Jerusalem to crusader
control through negotiations with the Muslim forces. The
peace treaty expired a decade later, and the Muslim ‘clay’
forces easily regained control of Jerusalem again. Yet
another brief conquest of the ‘iron’ crusades in 1239 AD
won back Jerusalem, which again returned to the ‘clay’
Muslim forces in 1244 AD.

As the Crusades struggled, a new dynasty known as the
Mamelukes, also Muslim, and originally an army of slaves
mainly from modern day Turkey, and Georgia, seized
power in Egypt from Saladin’s dynasty and saved the
Muslim region from being over run by Mongrel hordes
from the east. Jerusalem fell to the Mamelukes in 1291
AD, and over the next two hundred years Palestine was
ruled from Damascus, as the province ceased to function
as a centre for trade from the Far East. The population,
including the few thousand Jewish families that were
left lived in extreme poverty, several towns lay in ruins
and even Jerusalem was almost deserted. Worst still,
Palestine was struck by the plague in 1351 AD, and in
around 1500 AD the area’s population only numbered a
mere two hundred thousand. Then the Mamelukes were
defeated by Muslim Ottoman Turks in 1517AD, and
Judea became part of the Ottoman Empire, but the region
remained neglected, and largely isolated from the outside
world. However, during the reign of Sultan Suleiman
the Magnificent b.1520 d.1566 the walls of the old city
were rebuilt, which are the walls we mainly see today in
Jerusalem, and the population of the Jewish community in
Jerusalem began to steadily increase, until the nineteenth
century when their numbers increased even more, and the
revival of the original Hebrew language began.
Yet again however, the iron returned in the form of Christian
European rulers, and somewhat still perhaps under the
auspices of the Roman Catholic Church, Great Britain.

In 1917, during World War I, General Edmund Allenby
b.1861 d.1936 took control of Jerusalem, and the British
government recognized the rights of the Jewish people to
establish a national home in Palestine under the Balfour
declaration. After 1920, many Jews migrated to the area and
lived with the far more numerous Arab population there. At
this time, the area was ruled by the British, and both Arabs
and Jews appeared to live together in some form of harmony,
tolerating the existence of each other. There were problems
in 1921, but by 1929 the situation had stabilised. During
World War II, under Hitler’s Nazi regime in Germany, about
six million Jews, along with many other minorities, were
murdered in the great tragedy of the Holocaust, the worst
crime against humanity the world has ever known. Yet after
the war, the British then greatly curtailed entry of Jewish
refugees into Israel and also split the Palestinian region into
various Arab and Jewish Areas.

In 1947, the newly formed United Nations accepted the
idea to partition Palestine into a zone for the Jews (Israel)
and a zone for the Arabs (Palestine). With this UN proposal,
the British withdrew from the region on 14 May 1948,
and on the same day the Jewish Community in Israel,
under the leadership of Israel’s first Prime Minister David
Ben-Gurion b.1886 d.1973, re-established sovereignty
over their ancient homeland by officially announcing
their Declaration of Independence of the modern State
of Israel. Almost immediately Israel was attacked by the
surrounding Muslim Arab nations, in a war that lasted to
February 1949. Here again the ‘clay’ part of the statues feet
tried to dominate Israel, however this time Israel managed
to win the war and from then on it has continued to grow,
and despite continued attempts by the surrounding Arab
Muslim nations to stop their expansion, Israel is now the
dominant force in the Middle East.

All of this shows that the surrounding Muslim
nations are not only the clay in the feet of the statue in
Nebuchadnezzar’s dream, but also the Anti-Christ will
therefore come from one of these Muslim countries that
are now geographically within the borders of the ancient
Assyrian Empire. It’s important to note that these verses
apply to the geographical area held by Assyrians during
the Assyrian invasion of Israel in the seventh century BC,
when four successive Assyrian kings managed to conquer
Israel, these were: Tiglath-Pileser III, Shalmaneser V,
Sargon II, and lastly Sennacherib, whom was dealt with
by God himself (See 2 Kings 16 to 2 Kings 20 and Isaiah
20:1), Therefore the ancient Assyrian Empire basically
includes all of Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, southeast Turkey,
and western Iran. Thus the Anti-Christ will come from a
Muslim country, and his relationship with the Jewish False
Prophet will no doubt therefore be a hostile one, which is
also foretold in Revelation:

Revelation 17:16
The beast [The Anti-Christ], and the ten horns [Rulers
accepted by the Anti-Christ over the Earth] you saw will
hate the prostitute [The False Prophet]. They will bring
her to ruin, and leave her naked; they will eat her flesh,
and burn her with fire.

More information about the identities of these end times
individuals can be gained from the Muslim’s form of the
Bible called the Quran, which means ‘the recitation.’
Muslims believe that the Quran was verbally revealed
by God to Muhammad through the angel Gabriel over a
period of approximately 23 years, concluding in 632 AD
the year of Muhammad’s death. According to tradition,
several companions of his wrote down the revelations,
who then compiled various books. These books have
differences, but a standard version now known as
Uthman’s codex is generally considered the archetype
of the Quran we have today. However, the existence of
variant text, with mostly minor, and some significant
variations, means the relationship between Uthman’s
codex, and the revelations of Muhammad is still unclear.
In addition, there are also other books called the Hadiths,
which are a collection of prophetic traditions, teachings,
deeds, and sayings attributed to Muhammad. The Hadith

literature was compiled from oral reports that were in
circulation in society long after Muhammad’s death and
are considered secondary to the Quran, but contain most
of the Islamic eschatology (the study of the end times).
In Islamic eschatology, Jesus, who is called Isa, is
recognised as a prophet, and is a significant figure in the
Quran. It states that Jesus was born to the virgin Mary and
performed miracles which no other prophet in Islam has
ever been credited with. However, it also states that Judas
Iscariot took Jesus’ place at the crucifixion and then God
raised Jesus up to Himself. Also in the last days, Jesus
will return by descending to the white minaret east of
Damascus, held by two angels, wearing garments lightly
dyed with saffron, and with his head anointed.

In the later Hadiths there are two other end times figures
called the Mahdi and the Dajjal, the Mahdi, or guided one,
is recognised as a great leader who will unite Islam, and
the world, in a new era of peace, while the Dajjal is an
evil leader who will come from either Iran, Syria, or Iraq
to spread mischief everywhere, and will live on earth for
forty days but will be killed. He will also have 70,000
Jewish followers and will be blind in his right eye, exactly
as the prophecy by Zachariah also states. This does not
necessarily mean that his right eye will literally be blind,
but is another allusion to the left eye that is open, and
represents Lucifer as depicted on the dollar bill for example.

This symbol represents the evil behind the monetary
system that controls the governments of the world. It also
is connected with the masons with their masonic buildings
and style of architecture that adorn buildings such as
Supreme court in Jerusalem and the Iranian Parliament
building for example, besides many others.

However, the two main denominations of the Muslim faith,
the Sunnis and Shia’s believe in different sets of Hadiths
and thus have a different understanding of theology and
end times. These fundamental differences have divided
them and caused a lot of conflict between the two
denominations. The Sunnis represent about 85 percent and
Shia about 15 percent of the Muslim population, with the
Shia Muslims mainly concentrated in Iran, southern Iraq,
and Lebanon. This division is important to understand, as
it will be exploited even more by Satan in the last days.

Shia Muslims believe the coming Mahdi will be a
descendant of Muhammad and is the twelfth Imam
(Worship leader) descended from Muhammad, and
that this twelfth Imam was believed to have gone into
hiding as a child around the age of five years and has
been hiding in caves ever since but will supernaturally
return just before the day of judgment. However, Sunnis
believe that the Mahdi will only need to come from the
tribe of Muhammad, which would include many people
by now. Shias have a greater regard for the Imams than
Sunnis do, but both sects believe Jesus will return at a
time when there is horrendous world chaos, tyranny, and
oppression, as stated in the Quran. They believe when
Jesus comes he will let the Mahdi lead a prayer in Mecca,
while Jesus will pray standing behind him. The Shia
believe Jesus will help the Mahdi to kill the Dajjal, while
the Sunnis Hadiths state that Jesus will kill the Dajjal
himself. The Dajjal will be killed east of Jerusalem, then
Jesus will ‘break the cross, and kill the pigs’ which is
a pretty clear reference to the Christians and Jews. The
Dajjal’s death will be followed by the Mahdi not allowing
repentance of non-believers and will rule for seven, nine,
or nineteen years, (according to various Hadiths), before
the day of judgment and resurrection. These three end
times individuals are therefore reflected in the Bible
as the strange god Abaddon/Satan who helps the Anti-
Christ, and also the leader of Israel's military:

1. Jesus (Isa) = Abaddon/The strange God/Satan.
2. Mahdi (The twelfth Imam) = The Anti-Christ.
3. Dajjal = The leader of Israel's military.

Therefore the Quran seems to reverse the roles of the
main end times protagonists compared with that of the
Bible, portraying the bad guys as the good guys. This
contradictory eschatological account means that either
God has changed his mind about everything, and turns
out to be one very confused God, or this book is trying to
distort what Bible prophecy says. Indeed, the Quran also
contains over a hundred verses that call Muslims to fight
nonbelievers, and although some Muslims would say this
is a spiritual fight, the Quran is however very clear in what
it states:

Quran 2:190-193
“Fight in the way of Allah those who fight you but do not
transgress. Indeed. Allah does not like transgressors. And

kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from
where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah [disbelief]
is worse than killing . . . but if they desist, then lo! Allah
is forgiving, and merciful. And fight them until there is
no more Fitnah, [disbelief, and worshipping of other
gods] and worship is for Allah alone. But if they cease,
let there be no transgression except against Az-Zalimun”
[Polytheists, and wrong-doers].
Quite a contrast to:

Luke 6:27-31
27 “But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies,
do good to those who hate you, him; And he will live to
the east of all his brothers.”

Genesis 25:17-18
17 Ishmael lived a hundred and thirty-seven years. He
breathed his last and died, and he was gathered to his
people. 18 His descendants settled in the area from Havilah
to Shur, near the eastern border of Egypt, as you go toward
Ashur. And they lived in hostility toward all the tribes
related to them.

The conflict between Muslims, Jews, and Christians will,
according to Bible, sadly continue till Jesus returns, and
from all this information it can be seen how the battle for
hearts, minds, and souls will be won, and lost, amongst the
confusion that Satan has covered the world with. However,
I pray that you will see clearly enough not to be drawn into
any of these conflicts, but instead seek God’s will for your
life, a subject discussed in more detail in the conclusion
of this book. The ‘Assyrian’ Muslim Anti-Christ will arise
and lead the final world power that will dominate the
world, and Israel, over the last seven years. It is very likely
that Abaddon will help the Anti-Christ set up his base of
power in Babylon, about 70 km south of Baghdad, as there
is a prophecy alluding to this found also in Zachariah:

Zechariah 5:5-11
5 Then the angel who was speaking to me came forward
and said to me, “Look up and see what is appearing.” 6 I
asked, “What is it?” He replied, “It is a basket.” And he
added, “This is the iniquity of the people throughout the
land.” 7 Then the cover of lead was raised, and there in the
basket sat a woman! 8 He said, “This is wickedness,” and
he pushed her back into the basket, and pushed its lead
cover down on it. 9 Then I looked up, and there before me
were two women, with the wind in their wings! They had
wings like those of a stork, and they lifted up the basket
between Heaven and earth. 10 “Where are they taking the
basket?” I asked the angel who was speaking to me. 11 He
replied, “To the country of Babylonia to build a house for
it. When the house is ready, the basket will be set there in
its place.

This also alludes to the fact that the mysterious Babylonian
religion that Nimrod and Queen Ishtar set up was in this
area, which is currently a Shia controlled, and therefore if
the Anti-Christ is a Shiite Muslim from southern Iraq, it
would make sense of the verses in Daniel where it says the
king of the north tries to attack the Anti-Christ, because
the whole area of ancient Assyria is now divided between
Shia and Sunni, while Egypt is also a Sunni area:

Daniel 11:40
At the time of the end the king of the South [Egypt] will
engage him [The Anti-Christ] in battle, and the king of
the North [Syria, Lebanon, Iraq, south eastern Turkey, and
western Iran] will storm out against him [The Anti-Christ]
with chariots, and cavalry, and a great fleet of ships.

Thus, if the Anti-Christ is a Shiite Muslim from southern
Iraq, (or possibly western Iran), and has a connection to
Tyre in Lebanon, which are all Shia dominated areas, then
the king of the north who attacks him would include the
Sunni controlled areas of modern day Syria, Northern Iraq,
and south eastern Turkey, as is Egypt which is also Sunni
controlled, which was where the king of the south comes
from and who will also try to attack the Anti-Christ.
Abaddon will give the Shiite Anti-Christ the power to
conquer the Sunni Muslim world first, before conquering
any other armies of the world that come against him.

When the Shiite Anti-Christ, with his followers makes his
claim to be the Mahdi, the Sunnis will fight against what
they will see as a false Mahdi. Also Abraham came from
Ur in southern Iraq, which is significant to the Muslims,
and the Shiites may point to this fact as a reason why a
Southern Iraqi would be the Mahdi.

Although Jesus won a victory over death and sin on the
cross, as well as regaining authority over all things, Satan
still has power through his deception and lies. Therefore,
he continues to manipulate world powers and events, by
his crafty malevolent intentions. However, the rock that
was cut out of the mountain in Nebuchadnezzar’s dream,
and smashes the statue represents Jesus, and when he
returns He will set up His Kingdom. However, there is
more information in Revelation about how the Anti-Christ
will come to rule over the last major world power:

Revelation 13:1-8
1 The dragon [Satan] stood on the shore of the sea [The
nations of the world]. And I saw a beast coming out of the
sea [The final world power to dominate the world]. It had
ten horns, [Ten world leaders] and seven heads [Seven
Historical Kings], with ten crowns [Sovereign power] on
its horns, and on each head a blasphemous name [A sign
of Evil]. 2 The beast I saw resembled a leopard, but had
feet like those of a bear and a mouth like that of a lion.
The dragon [Satan] gave the beast [The Anti-Christ] his
power [The sovereignty that Satan stole from Adam, and
tempted Jesus with], and his throne, and great authority. 3
One of the heads of the beast seemed to have had a fatal
wound [One of the seven historical powers that will come
back, discussed in chapter thirteen], but the fatal wound had
been healed. The whole world was filled with wonder, and
followed the beast [The Anti-Christ]. 4 People worshipped
the dragon [Satan] because he had given authority to the
beast [The Anti-Christ], and they also worshipped the beast,
[The Anti-Christ] and asked, “Who is like the beast? Who
can wage war against it?” 5 The beast [The Anti-Christ] was
given a mouth to utter proud words, and blasphemies, and to
exercise its authority for forty-two months. [The last three,
and half years] 6 It opened its mouth to blaspheme God, and
to slander his name, and his dwelling place, and those who
live in Heaven. 7 It was given power to wage war against
God’s holy people [The Messianic Jews and Christians],
and to conquer them. And it was given authority over every
tribe, people, language, and nation. 8 All inhabitants of the
earth will worship the beast [The Anti-Christ] all whose
names have not been written in the Lamb’s [Jesus’] book of
life, the Lamb who was slain from the creation of the world.

Well done if you read it all!28 bless those who curse
you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone slaps
you on one cheek, turn to them the other also. If someone
takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt from them. 30
Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what
belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as
you would have them do to you.

This again shows the fundamental opposite teachings
to that of the Bible, and why we see so many Muslims
killing, and dying, in belief of what is written in the Quran.
However, clarity about the origins of the Muslim faith
can be found in both the Quran, and the Bible, as both of
these books share a common historical account of Biblical
history from Adam, to Abraham, however it’s at this point
that Hagar’s son Ishmael is regarded in the Quran as a
prophet and an ancestor to Muhammad. However, the
Bible also prophesies about Ishmael’s descendants and
what their relationship to others would be like:

Genesis 16:11-12
11 The angel of the LORD said to her [Hagar] further,
“Behold, you are with child, And you will bear a son;
And you shall call his name Ishmael, Because the LORD
has given heed to your affliction. 12 “He will be a wild
donkey of a man, His hand will be against everyone, And
everyone’s hand will be against him; And he will live to
the east of all his brothers.”

Genesis 25:17-18
17 Ishmael lived a hundred and thirty-seven years. He
breathed his last and died, and he was gathered to his
people. 18 His descendants settled in the area from Havilah
to Shur, near the eastern border of Egypt, as you go toward
Ashur. And they lived in hostility toward all the tribes
related to them.

The conflict between Muslims, Jews, and Christians will,
according to Bible, sadly continue till Jesus returns, and
from all this information it can be seen how the battle for
hearts, minds, and souls will be won, and lost, amongst the
confusion that Satan has covered the world with. However,
I pray that you will see clearly enough not to be drawn into
any of these conflicts, but instead seek God’s will for your
life, a subject discussed in more detail in the conclusion
of this book. The ‘Assyrian’ Muslim Anti-Christ will arise
and lead the final world power that will dominate the
world, and Israel, over the last seven years. It is very likely
that Abaddon will help the Anti-Christ set up his base of
power in Babylon, about 70 km south of Baghdad, as there
is a prophecy alluding to this found also in Zachariah:

Zechariah 5:5-11
5 Then the angel who was speaking to me came forward
and said to me, “Look up and see what is appearing.” 6 I
asked, “What is it?” He replied, “It is a basket.” And he
added, “This is the iniquity of the people throughout the
land.” 7 Then the cover of lead was raised, and there in the
basket sat a woman! 8 He said, “This is wickedness,” and
he pushed her back into the basket, and pushed its lead
cover down on it. 9 Then I looked up, and there before me
were two women, with the wind in their wings! They had
wings like those of a stork, and they lifted up the basket
between Heaven and earth. 10 “Where are they taking the
basket?” I asked the angel who was speaking to me. 11 He
replied, “To the country of Babylonia to build a house for
it. When the house is ready, the basket will be set there in
its place.

This also alludes to the fact that the mysterious Babylonian
religion that Nimrod and Queen Ishtar set up was in this
area, which is currently a Shia controlled, and therefore if
the Anti-Christ is a Shiite Muslim from southern Iraq, it
would make sense of the verses in Daniel where it says the
king of the north tries to attack the Anti-Christ, because
the whole area of ancient Assyria is now divided between
Shia and Sunni, while Egypt is also a Sunni area:

Daniel 11:40
At the time of the end the king of the South [Egypt] will
engage him [The Anti-Christ] in battle, and the king of
the North [Syria, Lebanon, Iraq, south eastern Turkey, and
western Iran] will storm out against him [The Anti-Christ]
with chariots, and cavalry, and a great fleet of ships.

Thus, if the Anti-Christ is a Shiite Muslim from southern
Iraq, (or possibly western Iran), and has a connection to
Tyre in Lebanon, which are all Shia dominated areas, then
the king of the north who attacks him would include the
Sunni controlled areas of modern day Syria, Northern Iraq,
and south eastern Turkey, as is Egypt which is also Sunni
controlled, which was where the king of the south comes
from and who will also try to attack the Anti-Christ.
Abaddon will give the Shiite Anti-Christ the power to
conquer the Sunni Muslim world first, before conquering
any other armies of the world that come against him.

When the Shiite Anti-Christ, with his followers makes his
claim to be the Mahdi, the Sunnis will fight against what
they will see as a false Mahdi. Also Abraham came from
Ur in southern Iraq, which is significant to the Muslims,
and the Shiites may point to this fact as a reason why a
Southern Iraqi would be the Mahdi.

Although Jesus won a victory over death and sin on the
cross, as well as regaining authority over all things, Satan
still has power through his deception and lies. Therefore,
he continues to manipulate world powers and events, by
his crafty malevolent intentions. However, the rock that
was cut out of the mountain in Nebuchadnezzar’s dream,
and smashes the statue represents Jesus, and when he
returns He will set up His Kingdom. However, there is
more information in Revelation about how the Anti-Christ
will come to rule over the last major world power:

Revelation 13:1-8
1 The dragon [Satan] stood on the shore of the sea [The
nations of the world]. And I saw a beast coming out of the
sea [The final world power to dominate the world]. It had
ten horns, [Ten world leaders] and seven heads [Seven
Historical Kings], with ten crowns [Sovereign power] on
its horns, and on each head a blasphemous name [A sign
of Evil]. 2 The beast I saw resembled a leopard, but had
feet like those of a bear and a mouth like that of a lion.
The dragon [Satan] gave the beast [The Anti-Christ] his
power [The sovereignty that Satan stole from Adam, and
tempted Jesus with], and his throne, and great authority. 3
One of the heads of the beast seemed to have had a fatal
wound [One of the seven historical powers that will come
back, discussed in chapter thirteen], but the fatal wound had
been healed. The whole world was filled with wonder, and
followed the beast [The Anti-Christ]. 4 People worshipped
the dragon [Satan] because he had given authority to the
beast [The Anti-Christ], and they also worshipped the beast,
[The Anti-Christ] and asked, “Who is like the beast? Who
can wage war against it?” 5 The beast [The Anti-Christ] was
given a mouth to utter proud words, and blasphemies, and to
exercise its authority for forty-two months. [The last three,
and half years] 6 It opened its mouth to blaspheme God, and
to slander his name, and his dwelling place, and those who
live in Heaven. 7 It was given power to wage war against
God’s holy people [The Messianic Jews and Christians],
and to conquer them. And it was given authority over every
tribe, people, language, and nation. 8 All inhabitants of the
earth will worship the beast [The Anti-Christ] all whose
names have not been written in the Lamb’s [Jesus’] book of
life, the Lamb who was slain from the creation of the world.

Well done if you read it all!