Virginia Tech Horror Explained

Status
Not open for further replies.

chair

I would opine that there is a substantial difference between you and a mass murderer -- unless you are contemplating a mass murder somewhere.

Well, God would disagree with you, and sentence both myself and the mass murderer to Hell, for we are both sinful.

Ash1

Hell Debate

Hell Debate

Well, God would disagree with you, and sentence both myself and the mass murderer to Hell, for we are both sinful.

Some people are punished more severely than others. God judges by the heart, and punishes or rewards accordingly. Jesus says that some will be punished with many stripes, and others with few. He also mentions that it will be worse in the day of judgment for some in Israel than it will for Sodom and Gomorrah.

I'm sure some of the murder victims must have gone to hell. Being murdered doesn't automatically make you sin free. Of course we should grieve when people are murdered, but once they are out of the physical realm, it is up to God to determine how each one is dealt with.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Do you consider the death of someone who is hellbound a tragedy? They've rejected your savior and are his enemy, correct?

death2impiety

Maximeee's Husband
Something else to consider: how can Christians provide comfort or sympathy for those they believe to be damned? As I said before, the theological odds are not with a majority of these students.

It isn't our job to provide comfort or sympathy but to speak the Truth. Which isn't to say that it's somehow wrong to.
The best a Christian can (should) offer the families of these victims is the knowledge that they went to their just and loving creator.

Granite

Hall of Fame
It isn't our job to provide comfort or sympathy but to speak the Truth. Which isn't to say that it's somehow wrong to.
The best a Christian can (should) offer the families of these victims is the knowledge that they went to their just and loving creator.

Well at least you gave me an honest answer, and I appreciate that: you can't provide comfort and at least in your case wouldn't try.

Yeah. They went to their creator, who then put them on the express elevator to hell. That's not even cold comfort, D2I. You'd be a hit on the funeral home circuit.:chuckle:

Granite

Hall of Fame
Yes.

Therein lies the tragedy.

Do you not hate them who hate Him with a perfect hatred?

The idea that any Christian thinks the death of a Christ-hating hellbound apostate is a "tragedy" strikes me as head-scratching at best or disingenious at least. You don't have a single reason in the world to shed a tear over some atheist fornicating co-ed who shuddered in terror and then got her brains blown out. The wages of her sin were death, and now she's paying for them. He will have mercy on who he will have mercy.

On what basis is your...what? Mercy? Compassion? Distress? There's at least one confirmed Muslim dead, and he certainly represents an idealogical foe.

Ash1

Do you consider the death of someone who is hellbound a tragedy? They've rejected your savior and are his enemy, correct?

Was this question for me? I consider it a tragedy that anyone would die prideful and in rebellion against their creator. But at the same time I am confident that God will deal with each person justly, judging by the heart (if you read my last post).

chair

Ok by me, if that's what you're looking forward to. By the way, how did God inform you of all that?

I am only stating what is the obviious logical conclusion from a common Christian belief about how one ends up in Hell.

I myself think that this is all complete nonsense.

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
I have no way of knowing who is hellbound. I may suspect it, but I cannot know it. I confess I lack your talent for omniscience.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I have no way of knowing who is hellbound. I may suspect it, but I cannot know it. I confess I lack your talent for omniscience.

If a Christ-denying Jew is murdered, where do you think they wind up for eternity? Don't be obtuse for the sake of it.

chair

If a Christ-denying Jew is murdered, where do you think they wind up for eternity? Don't be obtuse for the sake of it.

Notice how there's nobody around when you ask a really tough question? They just won'y face up to the logical consequences of their own beliefs.

Oh - in case anybody is actually going to address this issue, don't pretend that European Jews in the 1940's secretly loved Jesus. The vast majority thought that Christ was a false messiah and that Christianity is polytheism. My own grandmother (who left Europe before the first World War) would spit on a cross if nobody was watching.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Murderers go to hell.
Homos go to hell.
Nice people who reject Jesus go to hell.
Chair goes to hell if he doesn't repent.

Happy?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Notice how there's nobody around when you ask a really tough question? They just won'y face up to the logical consequences of their own beliefs.

Oh - in case anybody is actually going to address this issue, don't pretend that European Jews in the 1940's secretly loved Jesus. The vast majority thought that Christ was a false messiah and that Christianity is polytheism. My own grandmother (who left Europe before the first World War) would spit on a cross if nobody was watching.

They won't provide a straight answer, more often than not. I have noticed that.

The fact that Christian theology requires them to conclude that six million Christ killers are now burning in hell puts the lie to any pretense of God's "justice."

chair

Murderers go to hell.
Homos go to hell.
Nice people who reject Jesus go to hell.
Chair goes to hell if he doesn't repent.

Happy?

One honest man in Sodom! But it remains a theological Sodom, even when honest.

fool

Hall of Fame
Why would we assume the shooter went to hell?

Knight says the sick are healed in Heaven, so if the shooter loved Jesus, and was mental, then it stands to reason that he might be in heaven with the Father and some of the victims.

To answer Turbos question about getting killed and finding yourself before one of the Gods you rejected I'll answer this way.
I don't know your God.
If I meet him there will be some questions and I'll make a judgement when I have the facts.
Sorta turns Juudgement Day around dosen't it?

Now that I have answered that I'd like to ask the Christians something.

What will you do when you stand before Odin?

And by the way, God can't write a new song.

Ash1

Some people are punished more severely than others. God judges by the heart, and punishes or rewards accordingly. Jesus says that some will be punished with many stripes, and others with few. He also mentions that it will be worse in the day of judgment for some in Israel than it will for Sodom and Gomorrah.

Cracked

I don't really understand what all the confusion is. It is really very simple.

Here's the obvious one:
"Did some of those murdered go to hell?"
The answer:
"I don't know."
The follow up question:
"What if some of them refused Christ as their savior?"
The answer:
"I don't know, though it is likely that they will spend eternity apart from Him if that is the case."

I really think that is as about an honest answer as anyone can give you.

Status
Not open for further replies.