Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Virginia Tech Horror Explained

This is the show from Monday April 16th, 2007.

SUMMARY:

* Another Murder/Suicide... * 32: If the godless evolutionists are correct, the man who murdered 32 people today at Virginia Tech, and then killed himself, is no worse off than the kindest soul who ever had lived. But atheists are wrong. This wicked murderer argued in a dorm with his girlfriend, and then shot her to death along with a student adviser, and a couple hours later, murdered students indiscriminately in a classroom building across campus. Then he thought suicide was a way of escaping punishment, he actually dispatched himself into the hands of his Judge. Suicide is a lie, and it is inherently destabilizing.

* CBS Evening News: Bob re-aired the extraordinary 90-second editorial about school shootings that Brian Rohrbough gave at Katie Couric's invitation.

* Al from Franktown CO: asked Bob, in a round-about kind of way, if God put both wicked men in power, and protestors to oppose them, to which Bob responded, "No." There is a war between good and evil, and God is NOT on both sides. He does not decree idolatry, adultery, homosexual acts, nor child molestation. Tragically, some Christians wrongly equate God bringing people to the afterlife (whether by the hand of Joshua or Noah's flood), with filth and perversion, which He would never desire nor decree.

* Tim from Chicago: just watched Bob's Focus on the Strategy DVD and he LOVES IT and highly recommends it, and Tim observed from current events that liberals oppose spanking to the harm of children, have romantic notions about communists who destroy families, and they can't see the baby in the womb, even when it's hanging onto the doctor's finger!

* Brian Rohrbough: explained how our society raises so many murderers.

Today's Resource: For help convincing yourself (or someone else) to pull the kids out of public school you can 1) read The Harsh Truth About Public Schools by BEL friend Bruce Shortt or 2) subscribe to the BEL TV Classics!
Come On Out and Meet Bob Enyart:

* April 25th in the Capitol: Marking the 40th anniversary of Colorado passing the nation's first pro-abortion law (which has since become the model for most "pro-life" legislation, i.e., abortion for the "hard cases"), Colorado Right to Life will hold an historic event in the old Supreme Court chambers room. The keynote speaker will be Alan Keyes, former U.N. Ambassador and candidate for the Republican nomination for President. Other speakers include Operation Save America's director, the Rev. Flip Benham, and Bob Enyart. A panel discussion to identify the most effective strategy to stop the killing will include Keyes, Benham, Enyart and the president of Colorado Right to Life, Brian Rohrbough!

* Branson Bible Conference: Denver Bible Church pastor Bob Enyart has been invited to speak at an October Bible conference in Branson Missouri, and if you'd like to attend, learn more at the host's website, Bible Doctrines to Live By, and then call BEL at 303 463-7789 to register!

Granite

Hall of Fame
Yep, pretty much.

Of course if Enyart's right the odds are a good chunk of these murdered students who spent their last moments in absolute terror went straight to hell, presumably alongside their murderer. Charming!

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yep, pretty much.

Of course if Enyart's right the odds are a good chunk of these murdered students who spent their last moments in absolute terror went straight to hell, presumably alongside their murderer. Charming!

What do you propose as an alternative, that God should force people who have rejected Him all of their lives to spend eternity with Him because they were murdered?

If you were among those murdered today, would you suddenly want to spend eternity with the God of the Bible?

Granite

Hall of Fame
What do you propose as an alternative, that God should force people who have rejected Him all of their lives to spend eternity with Him because they were murdered?

If you were among those murdered today, would you suddenly want to spend eternity with the God of the Bible?

This kind of rationalization and spin control is the best you guys can do, confronted with the specter of a murdered college student who's now roasting in hellfire.

My "alternative" is simple: introducing your God or your idea of the afterlife in such a situation makes things worse, and you can offer nothing in the way of genuine comfort to the families of the victims who weren't born-again Christians. The faux sympathy Christians show after tragedies like this is dishonest and downright detestable. How can you honestly feel sorry for a college student who got their brains blown out and sent straight to hell for eternity? Because these victims obviously deserve their eternal fate.

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
This kind of rationalization and spin control is the best you guys can do, confronted with the specter of a murdered college student who's now roasting in hellfire.
You do tend toward rhetorical excesses when confronted with your fears.
My "alternative" is simple: introducing your God or your idea of the afterlife in such a situation makes things worse, and you can offer nothing in the way of genuine comfort to the families of the victims who weren't born-again Christians. The faux sympathy Christians show after tragedies like this is dishonest and downright detestable. How can you honestly feel sorry for a college student who got their brains blown out and sent straight to hell for eternity? Because these victims obviously deserve their eternal fate.
God forbid you should pass on unexpectedly then. :Clete: By the way, I searched for your "alternative" and did not find it.

Granite

Hall of Fame
You do tend toward rhetorical excesses when confronted with your fears.

God forbid you should pass on unexpectedly then. :Clete: By the way, I searched for your "alternative" and did not find it.

The alternative is to reject the monstrous idea that these murdered "damned" victims went to hell, Frank. And I'd also suggest that some folks here tone down their moral indignation considering their theology dictates a fate for some of these students that is downright nightmarish.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Turbo asked if God should force people who have rejected Him all of their lives to spend eternity with Him because they were murdered.

Granite could not come up with an answer.

Then Turbo asked, "If you were among those murdered today, would you suddenly want to spend eternity with the God of the Bible?"

Again, Granite could not come up with an answer.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Turbo asked if God should force people who have rejected Him all of their lives to spend eternity with Him because they were murdered.

Granite could not come up with an answer.

Then Turbo asked, "If you were among those murdered today, would you suddenly want to spend eternity with the God of the Bible?"

Again, Granite could not come up with an answer.

Turbo's questions are spin to justify the endless torture of murder victims. O'Brien's got nothing on this kind of thinking.

It's a false dilemma, and it is intellectually dishonest. The question assumes force must be used, and that it is an either/or proposition (Protestants have this problem, Catholics and even Anglicans do not). I think C.S. Lewis, believe it or not, addressed this problem far better than anyone ever could.

Something else to consider: how can Christians provide comfort or sympathy for those they believe to be damned? As I said before, the theological odds are not with a majority of these students.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
JeffersonSeriously dude is your Avatar necesarry I find it deeply offensive.

I'm sure the fact that you find it offensive is why he finds it necessary.

If you want to discuss this anymore, please start another thread.

allsmiles

I think your god, or possibly yourself (as I deny the existence of Yahweh and the Father god of the NT), needs to grow a thicker skin.

Also, Bob fed Al from Franktown misinformation: Lamentations 3:38, Isaiah 45:7.

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
The alternative is to reject the monstrous idea that these murdered "damned" victims went to hell, Frank.
Who suggested "the monstrous idea" other than you?
And I'd also suggest that some folks here tone down their moral indignation considering their theology dictates a fate for some of these students that is downright nightmarish.
You are still the only one I've seen express that particular view. Perhaps your hatred of religion, specifically Christianity, is overtaking your common sense.

Oh! Wait! How many times have we seen that happen? :rotfl:

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
Good. No child killing along with peace and tranquility. Mission accomplished.
Considering previous postings, I am awestruck that Doog would find anything offensive.

OH! Wait! There are folks who get offended when confronted with the truth. Yup. That must be it. :thumb:

Granite

Hall of Fame
Who suggested "the monstrous idea" other than you?

You are still the only one I've seen express that particular view. Perhaps your hatred of religion, specifically Christianity, is overtaking your common sense.

Oh! Wait! How many times have we seen that happen? :rotfl:

So what. You make it sound as though I'm eager to jump onto a band wagon, Frank.

The fact is, your theology condemns a good chunk of the murder victims to an eternity in hell, right where their killer went. The injustice in this picture is downright mind boggling, and the cries of indignation from Christians who--like it or not--must admit that many of those victims are now roasting for eternity strikes me as a tad hypocritical.

Status
Not open for further replies.