Vaccination progress

marke

Trump demands to be thanked for the vaccine:

Former President Trump on Tuesday gave himself credit for the current coronavirus vaccine rollout, calling it “one of the greatest miracles of the ages.” - https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...-vaccine-rollout-one-of-the-greatest-miracles
What a quandary. Trump demands to be given credit for the vaccine, but Biden also demands the credit? What to do? We should thank God for the hundreds of millions who survived the pandemic with or without the vaccine.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
What a quandary. Trump demands to be given credit for the vaccine, but Biden also demands the credit? What to do?
What to do? Well, you could start by getting yourself injected with Trump's vaccine that he is so proud of and worked so hard to give you. It's the MAGA thing to do! Or are you too anti-Trump to do that?

marke

What to do? Well, you could start by getting yourself injected with Trump's vaccine that he is so proud of and worked so hard to give you. It's the MAGA thing to do! Or are you too anti-Trump to do that?
I supported Trump over the demonic witch in 2016, and I support Trump and conservatives who are still fighting democrat stupidity and corruption, but I do not take orders from Trump. I take orders from Jesus.

expos4ever

vaccine .7% to 1.1% absolute risk reduction
link
View attachment 1091
Ok, for starters, who is Ronald B. Brown?

Reply from the Director of UW's School of Public Health and Health Systems:

"Ronald Brown is a graduate student in the School of Public Health and Health Systems. He is not a member of faculty, nor does he have a PhD from the School. As I understand it, this is a sole-authored paper submitted for publication, and represents solely the opinions/reasoning of the author."

I will now do a little research to dismantle what is certainly more misleading information.

expos4ever

vaccine .7% to 1.1% absolute risk reduction
link
View attachment 1091
....and we're back. And yes, this is yet more disinformation.

Let me try to makes this as simple as possible: Say you have 100 people who don’t get a vaccine, and you find that 10 of them catch the disease. So the baseline risk of getting it is 10%. And suppose that 100 other people get the vaccine, and only 1 of these gets sick. Their risk is 1%. The absolute risk reduction (ARR) is then just 9% (10% minus 1%), because the risk was already pretty low. But the relative risk reduction (RRR) is 90%—that reduction of 9% divided by the baseline risk of 10%.

You do not need to be a genius to realize that relative risk is what matters in the setting where a disease has the potential to explode through the population, as is the case with Covid. Hence, the relatively low figure of 9% is profoundly misleading. Think people think! How many of those 100 would get Covid with no vaccines and no other preventive measures - about 70% the experts say. The disease would spread and spread till herd immunity is achieved.

Let's revisit this scenario above with that in mind. What would we expect if instead of only 10 getting sick in the unvaccinated population, 70 would get sick, as would be the case for Covid? Here is what we would get: 70 in the unvaccinated get sick, 7 in the vaccinated group get sick.

Class dismissed.

Your post is misleading.

Last edited:

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
How many of those 100 would get Covid with no vaccines and no other preventive measures - about 70% the experts say.
My understanding is that the coronavirus is asymptomatic in ~80% of cases. If this is the case, why would narcissists and psychopaths care about the few who get seriously ill, and the fewer still who die? That's just not enough justification for them to inconvenience themselves with wearing masks and getting vaccines.

way 2 go

....and we're back. And yes, this is yet more disinformation.

Let me try to makes this as simple as possible: Say you have 100 people who don’t get a vaccine, and you find that 10 of them catch the disease. So the baseline risk of getting it is 10%. And suppose that 100 other people get the vaccine, and only 1 of these gets sick. Their risk is 1%. The absolute risk reduction (ARR) is then just 9% (10% minus 1%), because the risk was already pretty low. But the relative risk reduction (RRR) is 90%—that reduction of 9% divided by the baseline risk of 10%.

You do not need to be a genius to realize that relative risk is what matters in the setting where a disease has the potential to explode through the population, as is the case with Covid. Hence, the relatively low figure of 9% is profoundly misleading. Think people think! How many of those 100 would get Covid with no vaccines and no other preventive measures - about 70% the experts say. The disease would spread and spread till herd immunity is achieved.

Let's revisit this scenario above with that in mind. What would we expect if instead of only 10 getting sick in the unvaccinated population, 70 would get sick, as would be the case for Covid? Here is what we would get: 70 in the unvaccinated get sick, 7 in the vaccinated group get sick.

Class dismissed.

Your post is misleading.
truthfully your post is misleading

8÷21720 = 3.68 x100=.03 in Pfzier/BioNTe
162÷21726=.007 x100=.74 placebo

.74 - .03= .71

11÷15210=7.23 x 100= .07 Moderna vacc
185÷15210= .012 x100= 1.21 placebo

1.21 - .07 = 1.1

which is vaccine .7% to 1.1% absolute risk reduction

relative risk reduction
is for advertising

You can have a lot of fun with relative risk

For example, let’s say that I’m afraid of flying (not because of COVID, I’m just scared of dying in a plane crash). To mitigate that fear, I could choose to no longer fly in planes. Doing so would drop my relative risk of dying in a fiery plane crash to almost zero. We’d be comparing the relative risk of the following:

• Me dying in a plane crash assuming I travel via plane
  • Me dying in a plane crash assuming I do not travel via plane
By choosing NOT to fly in planes, maybe my relative risk of dying in a plane crash would be somewhere around 99.999% (because a fiery plane could crash into me while I'm doing yard work or something). That’s a HUGE reduction, and a very attractive number. Wouldn’t you want to reduce your risk of dying in a plane crash by 99.99%?

But you have to ask yourself…what is the baseline risk of dying in a plane crash (even if you DO fly in planes)? We have access to this data, and your absolute risk is 0.000009%. A 99.999% reduction from 1 in 11 million isn't nearly as headline worthy, is it? Can you imagine imagine an ad for this when you’re scrolling through you IG feed?

“Man uses this 1 SIMPLE TRICK to reduce his risk of dying in a plane crash by 0.000009%”
Not very exciting. Much less sexy than 99.99%.

chair

Meanwhile, back in reality, we have about 20 cases a day here in Israel. Schools and restaurants are open, economy is going back to normal.

Yes correlation doesn't prove causation. It might be something else, not the vaccines. But what? Hand waving "natural course of an epidemic" sounds nice- but what exactly is the mechanism?

Gary K

Banned
Nonsense.

You guys, of course, are free to post falsehoods.

And we are free to call you on it.
You call this post "calling" me on the truth? I've posted the study itself here. Your ignorance is quite amusing. Dumber than a box of rocks.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
truthfully your post is misleading

8÷21720 = 3.68 x100=.03 in Pfzier/BioNTe
162÷21726=.007 x100=.74 placebo

.74 - .03= .71

11÷15210=7.23 x 100= .07 Moderna vacc
185÷15210= .012 x100= 1.21 placebo

1.21 - .07 = 1.1

which is vaccine .7% to 1.1% absolute risk reduction

relative risk reduction
is for advertising

You can have a lot of fun with relative risk

For example, let’s say that I’m afraid of flying (not because of COVID, I’m just scared of dying in a plane crash). To mitigate that fear, I could choose to no longer fly in planes. Doing so would drop my relative risk of dying in a fiery plane crash to almost zero. We’d be comparing the relative risk of the following:

• Me dying in a plane crash assuming I travel via plane
  • Me dying in a plane crash assuming I do not travel via plane
By choosing NOT to fly in planes, maybe my relative risk of dying in a plane crash would be somewhere around 99.999% (because a fiery plane could crash into me while I'm doing yard work or something). That’s a HUGE reduction, and a very attractive number. Wouldn’t you want to reduce your risk of dying in a plane crash by 99.99%?

But you have to ask yourself…what is the baseline risk of dying in a plane crash (even if you DO fly in planes)? We have access to this data, and your absolute risk is 0.000009%. A 99.999% reduction from 1 in 11 million isn't nearly as headline worthy, is it? Can you imagine imagine an ad for this when you’re scrolling through you IG feed?

Not very exciting. Much less sexy than 99.99%.
I reduced my risk of dying from the vaccination by 100% 😁

And my risk of getting the Kung Flu has been 0, so far 😁😁