ECT Unshackled: How Darby Stumbled Upon Dispensational Truth

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
To the Jews.. their world did end when the temple was destroyed.

That's correct.

The ending of the Jew's world was the ending of the old earth and the old heavens.

70AD marked the end of the Jew's world, and the beginning of the new heavens and the new earth.

john w

Hall of Fame
You've got to be kidding me?

You actually think God literally writes laws on the literal hearts of people?

The heart is a metaphor for the conscience.

The New Covenant is a spiritual covenant. The law is written on the hearts (conscience) of people.

"The new heavens and new earth is the new covenant...............We live in the new earth, which is the new covenant…. ."-Tellalie Craigie

Here is devil boy James 2:3 KJV Craigie Tellalie/slander's recent avatar pic, which he took down, when we meany MAD wacko's, hurt his feelings awhile back:

c0cc3745625a3cd89ba22f9ee562ceba.jpg

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame
That's correct.

The ending of the Jew's world was the ending of the old earth and the old heavens.

70AD marked the end of the Jew's world, and the beginning of the new heavens and the new earth.

"The new heavens and new earth is the new covenant...............We live in the new earth, which is the new covenant…. ."-Tellalie Craigie

Danoh

You are incorrect. A cottage industry looking for pre-McDonald instances of pretrib preaching sprang up AFTER Dave MacPherson published his painstakingly researched book, "The Rapture Plot". It's not unlike the efforts of evolutionists scurrying about looking for evidence to substantiate that notion AFTER it was hypothesized. :nono:

http://post-trib.net/macpherson/tribpages.html

Nonsense; McPherson supposed research is the research of a rank amatuer at best, an outright hack at worst.

Your blinder is that while you do strike me as an above average inteligent individual, you nevertheless, obviously allow said inteligence to be guided by a failure on your part to ask yourself "now how might I look at these things objectively - in fact, what might be objective principles for doing so?"

It's an extremely important question in helping one to arrive at an actually objective means of coming to understand what the Apostle Paul had meant by the words "prove," "all," "things," "hold fast" "that which is good" - each of which is a distinction in itself as a part of the whole.

It happens that some instinctively do that sort of thing unaware they are doing so.

The rest do not; thus the need for noting towards separating out this distinction behind actual objectivity, and in fact, the person who does separate out it consciously is bound to end up seeing even sharper distinctions than the person who just does that unaware that is what he is doing.

The rest out there, well, they forever remain in a combination of their own ideas, together with a steady overdose of an endless stream of the writings of men; most of who are merely parroting the same manner of supposed "thinking a thing through" they themselves were weaned on via their own OVERRELIANCE on the writings of men, and or words of others, all the way back to the dark ages that followed after Paul's words...

2Tim 1:15 This thou knowest, that all they which are in Asia be turned away from me; of whom are Phygellus and Hermogenes.

In EVERY single attack against Dispensationalism and its various distinctions - even at times by some Dispensationalists themselve THAT kind of an objectivity is EVER missing.

Parrots parroting parrots...

whitestone

The New Covenant is a spiritual covenant. The law is written on the hearts (conscience) of people.

This may come as a surprise but I actually believe that Jesus, my lord pictured me in his mind and that when he desired he formed me and sent me into this, his world without end,,,

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
This may come as a surprise but I actually believe that Jesus, my lord pictured me in his mind and that when he desired he formed me and sent me into this, his world without end,,,

Ok, but what does that have to do with the writing of the law on the hearts of men?

You said it was not a metaphor.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
"now how might I look at these things objectively

That's what Darby Followers such as yourself fail to do.

The fact that you deny Darby invented Dispensationalism, and refuse to acknowledge that it didn't exist before 1830, is proof that you refuse to look at Dispensationalism objectively.

There's nothing objective about Dispensationalists like you.

You guys put your head's in the sand, and refuse the history behind the basket that you have placed all your eggs in.

IOW, you guys live in denial.

whitestone

It wasn't the Judgment Day spoken of in Revelation.

It was judgment against the Jews.

It was Christ Jesus separating the tares from the wheat.

The NC was put in place at the cross.

The judgment on the unbelieving Jews took place 40 years later in 70AD.

Christ Jesus told us why the judgement would take place on the Jews:

(Luke 19:44) They will dash you to the ground, you and the children within your walls. They will not leave one stone on another, because you did not recognize the time of God’s coming to you.

As we see in Luke 19:44, Christ Jesus foretells the destruction that would happen to the Jews and Jerusalem in 70AD, and He makes it clear why it would happen.

There was one Day of the Lord, and that was 70AD.

The final Great White Throne Judgment will happen after the second resurrection of the dead.

Revelation 17:8 KJV ,,,,"ascend out of the bottomless pit",,,,in the year that the Revelation was written the beast was not going to be wounded unto death,,,it was not going to come for the first time,,,it had already been "was",,had received its deadly wound,"was not" ,,,so after ad70?

john w

Hall of Fame
Ok, but what does that have to do with the writing of the law on the hearts of men?

You said it was not a metaphor.

"We now live in a new heaven and a new earth. .... we now live in the new heavens and new earth...Yes, we are living in the millennial reign right now......The kingdom where there is no more death, tears, and sadness exists right now.....The new heavens and new earth is the new covenant...............We live in the new earth, which is the new covenant…we now live in the greatest time period since the creation of planet earth..."-devil boy Craigie

The habitual liar, lies again:

"Do you actually believe Jesus is taking so long to wipe out all wicked people and wicked system?"-mess-hack

"(2 Peter 3:9) The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

"IOW, the longer God takes, the more people that can come to repentance."-Craigie Tellalie.

=we now live in the greatest time period since the creation of planet earth, the greatest time ever, but the LORD God has not yet wiped out all the wicked people and wicked system, and the kingdom where there is no more death, tears, and sadness exists right now, in the third heaven, as has always been the case, and God is an idiot, for even including this prophecy:

Revelation 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Tellalie: A metaphor....symbolic....figurative....hyperbole.....Fulfilled 66 AD, or 68 AD, or 70 AD....close enough.....Darby....You are in denial.............

Danoh

No it is not written in the hearts of men as had been the case for a moment back then, Heb. 2:3-5; Rom. 11:25-29; you are just confused by the earliness in that in the writings of John, etc., on this issue.

You haven't a sense of objectivity in these matters.

You get some things right by accident; conclude you know what you are doing, and next thing you know, you've waded into the dark hallway of Preterism, where you have been bumping your head against its wall ever since, only to conclude the resulting stars ""light."

john w

Hall of Fame

The fact that you deny Darby invented Dispensationalism, and refuse to acknowledge that it didn't exist before 1830, is proof that you refuse to look at Dispensationalism objectively.

You guys put your head's in the sand, and refuse the history behind the basket that you have placed all your eggs in.

His "desperation" "Hail Mary," as usual....Darby....You are in denial...Darby.....

Pathetic mutt, loser.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That guy is seriously whacked-out!

Nope, it just appears that way to you because the false teachings of John Nelson Darby have poisoned the church.

The following was written by Eusebuis over 1,500 years ago, circa 320AD:

(bold my emphases)

"All authorities concur in the declaration that "when all these things should have been done" "The End" should come : that "the mystery of God should be finished as he had declared to His servants the prophets" : it should be completed : time should now be no more : the End of all things (so foretold) should be at hand, and be fully brought to pass : in these days should be fulfilled all that had been spoken of Christ (and of His church) by the prophets : or, in other words, when the gospel should have been preached in all the world for a testimony to all nations, and the power of the Holy People be scattered (abroad), then should the End come, then should all these things be finished. I need now only say, all these things have been done : the old and elementary system passed away with a great noise; all these predicted empires have actually fallen, and the new kingdom, the new heaven and earth, the new Jerusalem--all of which were to descend from God, to be formed by His power, have been realised on earth ; all these things have been done in the sight of all the nations ; God's holy arm has been made bare in their sight: His judgments have prevailed, and they remain for an everlasting testimony to the whole world. His kingdom has come, as it was foretold it should, and His will has, so far, been done; His purposes have been finished; and, from that day to the extreme end of time, it will be the duty, as indeed it will be the great privilege of the Church, to gather into its bosom the Jew, the Greek, the Scythian, the Barbarian, bond and free; and to do this as the Apostles did in their days--in obedience, faith and hope.' "
- EUSEBIUS, Bishop of Caesarea, Extract from the 'Theophania'

Danoh

The history is secondary to the obvious but to you.

Danoh

Darby was the grandaddy of Dispensationalism.

Bullinger was the grandaddy of Hyper-Dispensationalism.

Go to Wikipedia, type in "E. W. Bullinger" and it will tell you:

"He is so closely tied to what is now called "hyperdispensationalism" that it is sometimes referred to as Bullingerism.

The wikipedia post of a parrot parroting what he read "about" somewhere.

The "profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:" 1 Tim. 6:20.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The history is secondary to the obvious but to you.

The history of Dispensationalism begins with Darby. There is no history of it before him.

Thankfully, there were contemporaries of Darby, who didn't succumb to his false teachings.

"Did you ever regret the absence of the burnt-offering, or the red heifer, of any one of the sacrifices and rites of the Jews? Did you ever pine for the feast of tabernacle, or the dedication? No, because, though these were like the old heavens and earth to the Jewish believers, they have passed away, and we now live under a new heavens and a new earth, so far as the dispensation of divine teaching is concerned. The substance is come, and the shadow has gone: and we do not remember it."
C.H. Spurgeon (1865) (Metropolitan Tabernacle Pulpit, vol. xxxvii, p. 354).

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The wikipedia post of a parrot parroting what he read "about" somewhere.

The "profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:" 1 Tim. 6:20.

Nope.

I've read enough E.W. Bullinger to recognize it when I see it.

STP and heir are Bullingerites disguised as A9D's.

However, Wikipedia is correct, Bulliinger was the grandaddy of Hyper-Dispensationalism, which is where Mid-Acts stemmed from.

john w

Hall of Fame
The history of Dispensationalism begins with Darby. There is no history of it before him.

Thankfully, there were contemporaries of Darby, who didn't succumb to his false teachings.

"Did you ever regret the absence of the burnt-offering, or the red heifer, of any one of the sacrifices and rites of the Jews? Did you ever pine for the feast of tabernacle, or the dedication? No, because, though these were like the old heavens and earth to the Jewish believers, they have passed away, and we now live under a new heavens and a new earth, so far as the dispensation of divine teaching is concerned. The substance is come, and the shadow has gone: and we do not remember it."

"We now live in a new heaven and a new earth. .... we now live in the new heavens and new earth...Yes, we are living in the millennial reign right now......The kingdom where there is no more death, tears, and sadness exists right now.....The new heavens and new earth is the new covenant...............We live in the new earth, which is the new covenant…we now live in the greatest time period since the creation of planet earth..."-devil boy Craigie

The habitual liar, lies again:

"Do you actually believe Jesus is taking so long to wipe out all wicked people and wicked system?"-mess-hack

"(2 Peter 3:9) The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

"IOW, the longer God takes, the more people that can come to repentance."-Craigie Tellalie.

john w

Hall of Fame