unfinished business

Danoh

Having been there myself years ago; I have long since found that any MAD who still has to ask someone what denomination they belong to is only revealing they themselves have not progressed in their understanding of those finer distinctions within MAD such that they no longer have to ask others such a question.

If pointing these kinds of things out to a fellow MAD offends them; then so be it.

Me; I would rather know where my understanding on one thing or another could use some further reflection on, in light of Romans thru Philemon - even from a non-MAD.

As the late J.C. O'Hair has noted in his audio testimony - it was a non-MAD who further refined a distinction first pointed out to him by O'Hair; who then later challenged the great man with said further - important refinement O'Hair found himself having to acknowledge.

I have never forgotten the example of that account.

O'Hair actually pointed to it as an important milestone in his further understanding of many, many things afterwards...

john w

Hall of Fame
That would mean the congregations sins were temporarily set aside,to later be reckoned to them again.:kookoo:

The day of Atonement, every year, until the final sacrifice of the Lord Jesus Christ....temporary stay of execution...passed over............

Every year....

Hebrews 10
1 For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.

2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.

3 But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year.

4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.

Get it? The "blood of bulls and of goats" did not "take away sins."

=passed over....remitted...temporary setting aside/stay of execution......until............

the Lord Jesus Christ's final sacrifice, propitiation.

SaulToPaul 2

Yes, and furthermore, there were two goats. One died for the sins. The other took the sins away.
The LORD Jesus died for their sins already, and will take them away when he returns. As it is written...

saint john w: "Survey the Book."

john w

Hall of Fame
Yes, and furthermore, there were two goats. One died for the sins. The other took the sins away.
The LORD Jesus died for their sins already, and will take them away when he returns. As it is written...

saint john w: "Survey the Book."

Well done, Mayor! Keep it up, and you might qualify to be a "Esquire Club" country club member like me, and fellowship with the Roger Courtney types, and being able to say, while sipping some hard cider, "I see AT&T was off a half today, while Charlotte Power & light was unchanged, in light trading."

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
The day of Atonement, every year, until the final sacrifice of the Lord Jesus Christ....temporary stay of execution...passed over............

Every year....

Hebrews 10
1 For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.

2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.

3 But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year.

4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.

Get it? The "blood of bulls and of goats" did not "take away sins."

=passed over....remitted...temporary setting aside/stay of execution......until............

Who?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Well done, Mayor! Keep it up, and you might qualify to be a "Esquire Club" country club member like me, and fellowship with the Roger Courtney types, and being able to say, while sipping some hard cider, "I see AT&T was off a half today, while Charlotte Power & light was unchanged, in light trading."

Much better than all that hissing, you claim as counsel.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
"Who...When....," and now the above.....

Translated: Either Happy Hour, or bong time....

1 Kings 18:21
And Elijah came unto all the people, and said, How long halt ye between two opinions? if the LORD be God, follow him: but if Baal, then follow him. And the people answered him not a word.

musterion

f2042881c500ce99d7144b73d3bc263f.jpg

john w

Hall of Fame
1 Kings 18:21
And Elijah came unto all the people, and said, How long halt ye between two opinions? if the LORD be God, follow him: but if Baal, then follow him. And the people answered him not a word.

Genesis-Revelation.

You just folded. So there. Fun.