Ukraine Crisis

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
They have to but they know it doesn't fly They're showing the same footage on their state controlled media with the caption "fake" alongside and their spokesperson is claiming that not even one Ukrainian civilian has been harmed by Russian troops. It's pathetic. Anyone who is an apologist for Putin is either a sociopath or just flat out thick. The BBC is rightfully regarded as one of the best news outlets for war coverage with many long serving correspondents out there in the thick of it reporting exactly what's going on with no room for doubt. Those on the far right seem to prefer to get their "news" on this from "Fox" TGP and laud the likes of Tucker Carlson...

FPJS6QhUcAcX4au

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Well, there is a war going on there. What do you expect to see, kissing and hugging? And I saw no context for the video you posted, so who knows what was really going on there?

Hard to know, when a video is lifted out of all context, fitted with a clickbait title and then posted on right-wing, pro-Putin talking points websites.

Not only is there a war going on there, it's between peoples who know well how to fight it, for the good and the bad. I'm betting posters who whose ideological loyalties impel them to paint all Ukrainian soldiers as Nazis and would like to see the executions of people outside their own religious and political ideologies wouldn't at the same time also advocate that looters be shot.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Yes, because criminals always target the most well-armed instead of the most defenseless.

You don't know the backstory any more than I do, you just posted the video for... for what, exactly? To further what agenda?

So maybe they were looting from homes, and tried to fight off the first couple soldiers who tried to stop them? You don't know.

But the video allowed you to write "Vile Nazi Ukrainian Military" and that's all you needed it for.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Russian crematoria operating in Mariupol: 'This is the new Auschwitz,' mayor says
Officials report that Ukrainian citizens are being separated from families and sent to 'filtration camps'

The Mariupol City Council on Wednesday accused Russian forces of relying on a mobile crematorium to cover up their alleged war crimes in the southeast port city of Ukraine.

Mariupol, which has been partially occupied for weeks, has been the target of one of the most brutal Russian offensives in Ukraine since the invasion began in February.

"The killers are covering their tracks," the city council said in several social media posts, adding that the Russians have set up "mobile crematoriums."

"Russia’s top leadership ordered the destruction of any evidence of crimes committed by its army in Mariupol," the council added in a translated statement, accusing Moscow of reacting to widespread condemnation over mass civilian killings in Bucha.

Humanitarian access to the city has been blocked for weeks, with an estimated 160,000 residents unable to evacuate and lacking access to electricity, heating, health care and water, reported the U.K.’s Ministry of Defense.

Mariupol officials have estimated that roughly 5,000 civilians had been killed, but warned Wednesday that given the size of the destruction caused to the city the death toll could be in the tens of thousands.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
You don't know the backstory any more than I do, you just posted the video for... for what, exactly? To further what agenda?

So maybe they were looting from homes, and tried to fight off the first couple soldiers who tried to stop them? You don't know.

But the video allowed you to write "Vile Nazi Ukrainian Military" and that's all you needed it for.
I don't trust the narrative from either side. But since the pro-deep-state, pro-military-industrial-complex narrative is the one that dominates the airwaves, I am going to provide a little balance.

Last edited:

marke

This from the guy who's avoiding explaining why stringing up RINOs and executing homosexuals is so not like Putin...
Replacing the free market with communism is so like Putin. Jailing political opponents without due process is so like Putin. Murdering innocent humans by the thousands (babies, for example) is so like Putin. Committing election fraud and lying about it is so like Putin. Lying, denying and hiding the truth, and promoting false propaganda are so like Putin and the US democrat party.

Arthur Brain

I don't trust the narrative from either side. But since the pro-deep-state, pro-military-industrial-complex narrative is the one that dominates the airwaves, I am going to provide a little balance.
Except what you're providing isn't "balanced" at all. There's about as much balance and professional journalistic integrity to your links as Russian state media...

Arthur Brain

Hard to know, when a video is lifted out of all context, fitted with a clickbait title and then posted on right-wing, pro-Putin talking points websites.

Not only is there a war going on there, it's between peoples who know well how to fight it, for the good and the bad. I'm betting posters who whose ideological loyalties impel them to paint all Ukrainian soldiers as Nazis and would like to see the executions of people outside their own religious and political ideologies wouldn't at the same time also advocate that looters be shot.
Absolutely.

Jeremy Bowen has been the Middle Eastern war correspondent for the BBC for 30 years. Remember seeing him as a kid. He, along with the likes of another stalwart - John Simpson - have been reporting in the thick of it in war ravaged areas and make the likes of Tucker Carlson and similar ilk look like abject morons. Well okay, more so then...