ECT uh oh Another verse where Paul says he destroyed the church of God !

dodge

We are baptized by the Holy Spirit into the body of Christ, and you disparage it? :nono:

Is the Holy Spirit a metaphor, too?

Is it a metaphor to have the Holy Spirit dwelling in us?

Do you have a clue why Paul was water baptized ? Jesus told Him to be water baptized. NOT that hard if you are a Christian !

john w

Hall of Fame
When will you Darby Followers understand that the "Body" is a metaphor, with Jesus as the head, and is no different than the other metaphors, like when Jesus is the cornerstone of the building, and the apostles the foundation, and the believers stones.

You guys get so hung up on one metaphor, and completely ignore the other metaphors.

Jesus was also a gate, a vine, a light, water, bread, a shepherd, etc.

..The cross is a metaphor....

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Yep.

Same thing with "the millennial reign". Nowhere in the Bible can you find the phrase "millennial reign". Yet, the Darby Followers use it all the time.

Wrong.

1*Et vidi angelum descendentem de cælo, habentem clavem abyssi, et catenam magnam in manu sua.
2*Et apprehendit draconem, serpentem antiquum, qui est diabolus, et Satanas, et ligavit eum per annos mille:
3*et misit eum in abyssum, et clausit, et signavit super illum ut non seducat amplius gentes, donec consummentur mille anni: et post hæc oportet illum solvi modico tempore.
4*Et vidi sedes, et sederunt super eas, et judicium datum est illis: et animas decollatorum propter testimonium Jesu, et propter verbum Dei, et qui non adoraverunt bestiam, neque imaginem ejus, nec acceperunt caracterem ejus in frontibus, aut in manibus suis, et vixerunt, et regnaverunt *** Christo mille annis.
5*Ceteri mortuorum non vixerunt, donec consummentur mille anni. Hæc est resurrectio prima.
6*Beatus, et sanctus, qui habet partem in resurrectione prima: in his secunda mors non habet potestatem: sed erunt sacerdotes Dei et Christi, et regnabunt *** illo mille annis.
7*Et *** consummati fuerint mille anni, solvetur Satanas de carcere suo, et exibit, et seducet gentes, quæ sunt super quatuor angulos terræ, Gog, et Magog, et congregabit eos in prælium, quorum numerus est sicut arena maris.
8*Et ascenderunt super latitudinem terræ, et circuierunt castra sanctorum, et civitatem dilectam.
9*Et descendit ignis a Deo de cælo, et devoravit eos: et diabolus, qui seducebat eos, missus est in stagnum ignis, et sulphuris, ubi et bestia
10*et pseudopropheta cruciabuntur die ac nocte in sæcula sæculorum.
11*Et vidi thronum magnum candidum, et sedentem super eum, a cujus conspectu fugit terra, et cælum, et locus non est inventus eis.
12*Et vidi mortuos, magnos et pusillos, stantes in conspectu throni, et libri aperti sunt: et alius liber apertus est, qui est vitæ: et judicati sunt mortui ex his, quæ scripta erant in libris, secundum opera ipsorum:
13*et dedit mare mortuos, qui in eo erant: et mors et infernus dederunt mortuos suos, qui in ipsis erant: et judicatum est de singulis secundum opera ipsorum.
14*Et infernus et mors missi sunt in stagnum ignis. Hæc est mors secunda.
15*Et qui non inventus est in libro vitæ scriptus, missus est in stagnum ignis.

john w

Hall of Fame
Do you have a clue why Paul was water baptized ? Jesus told Him to be water baptized. NOT that hard if you are a Christian !

Water baptism was part of the law, idiot. You do know that the law was followed, by believers, "post cross," devil child, don't you?

Why did Paul raise the dead, poser? Do it. Raise the dead. " Jesus told Him to" raise the dead.

Fraud.

dodge

Just quoting the Bible. Sorry you can't see what is plainly written. It doesn't matter what translation is offered, you are still blind. Sad.

So how many bodies does "one body " mean to those in MAD 10, 40, or as many as they want to fabricate ?

john w

Hall of Fame
Yep.

Same thing with "the millennial reign". Nowhere in the Bible can you find the phrase "millennial reign". Yet, the Darby Followers use it all the time.

Nowhere in the bible will you find the phrase "slap in the face," "omniscient," "AD 70," "fulfilled in Christ," "anti-Semite," "the Roman army was the second coming," "the new heavens and new earth is the New Covenant,"......... Yet, you Russell/Josephus/pope followers use it all the time.

So there, loser.

dodge

Water baptism was part of the law, idiot. You do know that the law was followed, by believers, "post cross," devil child, don't you?

Why did Paul raise the dead, poser? Do it. Raise the dead. " Jesus told Him to" raise the dead.

Fraud.

Water baptism was not part of the law heretic, and if it was then PAUL would never have been water baptized nor would Paul have baptized others.

In case you missed it moron Jesus "fulfilled" the law and it was after Jesus' ascension that Paul was water baptized.

No need to respond I rarely look at your vitriolic trash.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Wrong.

1*Et vidi angelum descendentem de cælo, habentem clavem abyssi, et catenam magnam in manu sua.
2*Et apprehendit draconem, serpentem antiquum, qui est diabolus, et Satanas, et ligavit eum per annos mille:
3*et misit eum in abyssum, et clausit, et signavit super illum ut non seducat amplius gentes, donec consummentur mille anni: et post hæc oportet illum solvi modico tempore.
4*Et vidi sedes, et sederunt super eas, et judicium datum est illis: et animas decollatorum propter testimonium Jesu, et propter verbum Dei, et qui non adoraverunt bestiam, neque imaginem ejus, nec acceperunt caracterem ejus in frontibus, aut in manibus suis, et vixerunt, et regnaverunt *** Christo mille annis.
5*Ceteri mortuorum non vixerunt, donec consummentur mille anni. Hæc est resurrectio prima.
6*Beatus, et sanctus, qui habet partem in resurrectione prima: in his secunda mors non habet potestatem: sed erunt sacerdotes Dei et Christi, et regnabunt *** illo mille annis.
7*Et *** consummati fuerint mille anni, solvetur Satanas de carcere suo, et exibit, et seducet gentes, quæ sunt super quatuor angulos terræ, Gog, et Magog, et congregabit eos in prælium, quorum numerus est sicut arena maris.
8*Et ascenderunt super latitudinem terræ, et circuierunt castra sanctorum, et civitatem dilectam.
9*Et descendit ignis a Deo de cælo, et devoravit eos: et diabolus, qui seducebat eos, missus est in stagnum ignis, et sulphuris, ubi et bestia
10*et pseudopropheta cruciabuntur die ac nocte in sæcula sæculorum.
11*Et vidi thronum magnum candidum, et sedentem super eum, a cujus conspectu fugit terra, et cælum, et locus non est inventus eis.
12*Et vidi mortuos, magnos et pusillos, stantes in conspectu throni, et libri aperti sunt: et alius liber apertus est, qui est vitæ: et judicati sunt mortui ex his, quæ scripta erant in libris, secundum opera ipsorum:
13*et dedit mare mortuos, qui in eo erant: et mors et infernus dederunt mortuos suos, qui in ipsis erant: et judicatum est de singulis secundum opera ipsorum.
14*Et infernus et mors missi sunt in stagnum ignis. Hæc est mors secunda.
15*Et qui non inventus est in libro vitæ scriptus, missus est in stagnum ignis.

Like I said, nowhere in the Bible will you find "millennial reign".

The Latin words you have highlighted in red mean "thousand years"

DAN P

uh oh Another verse where Paul says he destroyed the church of God !

Gal 1:13
For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it:

When you compare this to Jesus asking Saul why he was persecuting Him and Paul responding who are you LORD and Jesus replying " I am Jesus who you are persecuting". So when Saul persecuted the early Jewish Christians Saul was persecuting Jesus that means they were in the body of Christ before Paul.

Hi and 2 quick observations !!

EKKLESIA does not mean CHURCH !!

The are not Christians in Acts 9 !!

Just more FAKE NEWS !!

dan p

dodge

Hi and 2 quick observations !!

EKKLESIA does not mean CHURCH !!

The are not Christians in Acts 9 !!

Just more FAKE NEWS !!

dan p

dan, your observations are heretical and you sound like a heretic !

Act 2:47
Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

You claim to know more than God who it is said added daily to the "church" daily such as should be saved, and all before Paul ever became a Christian and added to the SAME church.

glorydaz

Paul was immersed in water because he was a Jew. That's who John's baptism was for....the Jews...that Jesus would be manifest to Israel as their Messiah. It's why people keep telling you John's baptism of water was for the Jews.

John 1:31 And I knew him not: but that he should be made manifest to Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water.​

dodge

Paul was immersed in water because he was a Jew. That's who John's baptism was for....the Jews...that Jesus would be manifest to Israel as their Messiah. It's why people keep telling you John's baptism of water was for the Jews.

John 1:31 And I knew him not: but that he should be made manifest to Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water.​

Two fallacies in your post.

1. Water baptism was not part of the law. Jesus said He came to fulfill the law. Before Jesus gave up the ghost on the cross He said ," it is finished". AFTER that PAUL was water baptized the law had already been fulfilled by Jesus.

2.Jesus said to teach and baptize ALL nations !

After Jesus was resurrected and ascended much later Paul was water baptized and baptized some himself.

glorydaz

Two fallacies in your post.

1. Water baptism was not part of the law.

Show me where you find that "fallacy" in my post. :chew:

Then smack yourself in the head, because this is the same thing you do every single time you post.

dodge

Show me where you find that "fallacy" in my post. :chew:

Then smack yourself in the head, because this is the same thing you do every single time you post.

lol, I post scripture that proves MAD is a deception and a lie. Do yourself a favor dump the lies of Bullinger and Stam trust and follow Jesus.

glorydaz

lol, I post scripture that proves MAD is a deception and a lie. Do yourself a favor dump the lies of Bullinger and Stam trust and follow Jesus.

Another RANT rather than prove your lie about me.

You can't even support what you say in your posts, so why do you expect anyone to believe anything you say.

BTW....I don't need to "follow Jesus", I have been created IN HIM, and the Holy Spirit dwells in me.
It's a realm you are unable to comprehend, being a natural man as you are.

Dark Matter

BANNED
Banned
Uh Oh, Another Verse that Backs MAD

Uh Oh, Another Verse that Backs MAD

uh oh Another verse where Paul says he destroyed the church of God !

Gal 1:13
For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it:

When you compare this to Jesus asking Saul why he was persecuting Him and Paul responding who are you LORD and Jesus replying " I am Jesus who you are persecuting". So when Saul persecuted the early Jewish Christians Saul was persecuting Jesus that means they were in the body of Christ before Paul.

The reference to "The Church of God" is before Acts 9. This is between Acts 1 and Acts 9. You've only reinforced MAD. Perspective - Church of God, and note Paul is Saul in reference of Persecution of the Church.

The fact that Paul doesn't call it The Body of Christ only pads the accuracy of MAD.

/Thread

john w

Hall of Fame
Water baptism was not part of the law heretic, and if it was then PAUL would never have been water baptized nor would Paul have baptized others.

In case you missed it moron Jesus "fulfilled" the law and it was after Jesus' ascension that Paul was water baptized.

No need to respond I rarely look at your vitriolic trash.

Yes, it was, you idiot, as Paul, in "early Acts," as did all the believers, kept the law, including the feasts...Of course, you are such a stupid stooge, you would not know, that the feasts, were part of the law,like baptisms...

Baptism, moron, was one of the righteous requirements of the law-not optional..

Mt. 3 KJV
13 Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him. 14 But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me? 15 And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him. 16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: 17 and lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

What was happening, when John the Baptist was baptizing?

John's baptism was not something 'new," a surprise, moron. No, it was a ceremony thoroughly understood by those who read the scripture(or should have been understood-hence, the Lord Jesus Christ's "slam dunk" question to someone who should have understood: "...Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not of these things?"-John 3:10 KJV), and to whom he ministered.

It is throughout the OT-survey it...Water baptism did not begin with John the Baptist. In the book,trace its origin, history....water baptism is a ceremonial cleansing pertaining exclusively to the kingdom promised to the nation Israel.

In Exodus 19:5-6 KJV, at the very giving of the "Mosaic Covenant," the LORD-God's purpose in giving birth to the nation Israel, His "elect" nation, as to service, is laid out The LORD God's stated purpose concerning the nation Israel is that she is to be "a kingdom of priests and an holy nation," through whom the Gentile nations will draw nigh to God, i.e., the "channel/instrument" of blessing, His "vessels," ...witnesses....Survey Isiah:

"But YE SHALL BE NAMED THE PRIESTS OF THE LORD: MEN SHALL CALL YOU THE MINISTERS OF OUR GOD." Isaiah 61:6 KJV.

NOTICE THE CAPS, dodgeball Elymas?

This will be fulfilled, occur, realized during the kingdom reign of the Lord Jesus Christ, on earth, when the believing remnantr of the nation Israel, 'the little flock," is dwelling in her land, and the nations find salvation and blessing through her instrumentality-priest, ministers, witnesses..... This also explains Zech. 8:23 KJV-Israel will be a nation of priests, the channel instrument, for blessings to the world, in the prophetic program:

"Thus saith the LORD of hosts; In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold out of all languages of the nations, even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying, We will go with you: for we have heard that God is with you."

All of this awaits Israel's future redemption-including physical. The "If ye will obey...then ye shall be" principle of the law assured that this "knowledge of sin" would be everywhere. However, Israel's failure, the nation Israel soon found herself in need of a Saviour, a redeemer, to restore that which was lost, buy them back=redemption=physical and spiritual.... Their kinsman redeemer. Thus while the hope of Israel looked to the promised coming kingdom,under which the physical and spiritual benefits of the New Covenant will be realized, in their fullness, the need of the nation for "through the water cleansing" was first needed.

With this context(like that, Elymas?).............of all the people/ things to be "baptized", in the OT, it was the priest who stood foremost. Exodus 29 KJV sets forth the procedure for "initiation ceremony," induction into the priest's office, the "initiation rights", so to speak. The 2 steps:

First , cleansing-a washing with water:

"And Aaron and his sons thou shalt bring unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, and SHALT WASH THEM WITH WATER."(LIKE THE CAPS?) Exodus 29:4 KJV

Second, the anointing with oil:

"Then shalt thou TAKE THE ANOINTING OIL, AND POUR IT UPON HIS HEAD, AND ANOINT HIM." (Exodus 29:7).

NOTICE THE CAPS???

Just as the sons of Aaron were the priests through whom the people of the children of Israel could approach a holy, holy, holy(#1 attribute of the LORD God-survey Isaiah) LORD God, so the nation Israel itself will one day be "a kingdom of priests and an holy nation," through whom the Gentiles(not the boc) will draw near to God (Genesis 12:1-3 KJV; Gen.22:17-18 KJV, Isaiah 60:1-3 KJV, Zechariah 8:20-23 KJV..............). It is in this context(like that, loser?), that John the B appears on the scene preaching his "...baptism of repentance to all the people of Israel" (Acts 13:24 KJV).

I.e., the Bpatist's "baptism of repentance for the remission of sins" (Mark 1:4 KJV) was a method of national repentance, and preparation to fulfil their role, their honor, as "elect" to service(not salvation) as the kingdom of priests God, in His grace, ordained that favored nation to be. Survey Matthew 3:1-2:

"In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea, And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand."

And the question..... how, in what way, were the remnant to thus prepare for this coming kingdom, this coming period referred to in Deuteronomy 11:21 KJV as "...the days of heaven upon the earth...."?

"Then went out to him Jerusalem, and all Judaea, and all the region round about Jordan, And WERE BAPTIZED OF HIM IN JORDAN, CONFESSING THEIR SINS." Mt. 3:5-6 KJV.

And:

And there went out unto him all the land of Judaea, and they of Jerusalem, and were all baptized of him in the river of Jordan, confessing their sins." Mk. 1:5 KJV

"…Now when all the people were baptized…." Luke 3:21

John the B's commanded baptism was the only means of fleeing from "...the wrath to come" (Matthew 3:7 KJV).

What was that wrath:?

"Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance: And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham. And now also THE AXE IS LAID UNTO THE ROOT OF THE TREES; THEREFORE EVERY TREE WHICH BRINGETH NOT FORTH GOOD FRUIT IS HEWN DOWN, AND CAST INTO THE FIRE. I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: HE SHALL BAPTIZE YOU WITH THE HOLY GHOST, AND WITH FIRE:

Whose fan is in his hand, and HE WILL THOROUGHLY PURGE HIS FLOOR, AND GATHER HIS WHEAT INTO THE GARNER; BUT HE WILL BURN UP THE CHAFF WITH UNQUENCHABLE FIRE" Mt. 3:8-12 KJV.

LIKE THE CAPS???

Rough words? It is a rough book...

The nation's choice: judgment was coming, big time........If they wanted to be the "wheat" safely carried into the barn, and not the "chaff" burned with the fire of judgment, they must be identified(the basic meaning of baptism) as the believing remnant, through the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins-through the water.

Survey Numbers 31:21-24 KJV.... if they wanted to escape the fire, they must "go through the water!" And thus, they would be "purified with the water of separation" and identified together as the believing remnant in Israel-set apart as "an holy nation."

And notice the pattern: wash in water, oil, blood.

" And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,Take Aaron and his sons with him, and the garments, and the anointing oil, and a bullock for the sin offering, and two rams, and a basket of unleavened bread...And Moses brought Aaron and his sons, and washed them with water.... Lev. 8:1-2 KJV,Lev. 8:6 KJV,Lev. 8:12 KJV

"And Moses brought Aaron and his sons, and washed them with water" Lev. 8:6

"And he poured of the anointing oil upon Aaron's head, and anointed him, to sanctify him." Lev 8:12

Sanctify-to be set apart.

"And he slew it; and Moses took of the blood of it, and put it upon the tip of Aaron's right ear, and upon the thumb of his right hand, and upon the great toe of his right foot." Lev. 8:23 KJV

And notice this!:

The Lord Jesus Christ comes to the Jordan, is baptized(washed), the Holy Spirit comes upon him(oil), and later he is baptized on the cross with blood:

" But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able. And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father. " Mt. 20:22,23

"And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father. And they said unto him, We can. And Jesus said unto them, Ye shall indeed drink of the cup that I drink of; and with the baptism that I am baptized with shall ye be baptized". Mk 10:38-39 KJV

"And they said unto him, We can. And Jesus said unto them, Ye shall indeed drink of the cup that I drink of; and with the baptism that I am baptized withal shall ye be baptized:" Luke 12:50 KJV

In general Scriptural usage the word baptism indicates complete identification, whether with an element, a person or a group, for the purpose of union, oneness-the basic idea is IDENTIFICATION for the purpose of change in condition/identity. Again, the primary meaning is 'to change the nature, identity, condition, status, and to IDENTIFY something with its purpose' This is why Paul said in Romans 6:3, "As many of us as were baptized into Christ were baptized into his death. "In other words, the only way to become one with Christ is to be identified with Him in His death by faith.

Notice:

"And I knew him not: but that he should be made manifest to Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water." John 1:31 KJV

The Lord Jesus Christ was being manifest, or IDENTIFIED, as THE PRIEST, to Israel.

And one of the other reasons for the Lord Jesus Christ submitting to "John's baptism"-this was part of the righteous requirements of the Law to enter the priesthoodness. The Lord Jesus Christ came to fulfill the righteos requirements of the entire Law, of which baptism was a part. Explaining....

"And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness." Mt. 3:15 KJV

And this explains the following scriptures:

"And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age…" Luke 3:23 KJV

"Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?" John 8:27 KJV

Ever wonder why the ages of 30 and 50 are emphasized? "Why the heck" would the Jewish leadership ask about "fifty years old?" And why does the Holy Bible take note "for our learning"(Romans 15:4 KJV) that the Lord Jesus Christ was "about thirty years of age"?

The answer:

"From thirty years old and upward even until fifty years old, all that enter into the host, to do the work in the tabernacle of the congregation." Numbers 4:3 KJV

"From thirty years old and upward until fifty years old shalt thou number them; all that enter in to perform the service, to do the work in the tabernacle of the congregation." Numbers 4:30 KJV

"From thirty years old and upward even unto fifty years old, every one that entereth into the service, for the work in the tabernacle of the congregation…" Numbers 4:35 KJV

"From thirty years old and upward even unto fifty years old, every one that entereth into the service, for the work in the tabernacle of the congregation…" Numbers 4:39 KJV

"From thirty years old and upward even unto fifty years old, every one that entereth into the service, for the work in the tabernacle of the congregation,…" Numbers 4:43 KJV

"From thirty years old and upward even unto fifty years old, every one that came to do the service of the ministry, and the service of the burden in the tabernacle of the congregation." Numbers 4:47 KJV

"And from the age of fifty years they shall cease waiting upon the service thereof, and shall serve no more…" Numbers 8:25 KJV

Age 30 was the beginning age for service for the Levitcal priests, and 50 was the ending age:

"And the LORD spake unto Moses and unto Aaron, saying, Take the sum of the sons of Kohath from among the sons of Levi, after their families, by the house of their fathers…" Numbers 4:1-2 KJV

And this explains all the Israelites at the Jordan being "baptized"-this was there initiation rite into being a "kingdom of priests". This has no reference to the body of Christ in this dispensation.

You're a biblical buffoon, Elymas dodgeball, and fraud, and certainly no former Marine, you 16 year old devil child, and are not worthy to wash my feet.

john w

Hall of Fame
Like I said, nowhere in the Bible will you find "millennial reign".

The Latin words you have highlighted in red mean "thousand years"

Nowhere in the bible will you find the phrase "slap in the face," "omniscient," "AD 70," "fulfilled in Christ," "anti-Semite," "the Roman army was the second coming," "the new heavens and new earth is the New Covenant,"......... Yet, you Russell/Josephus/pope followers use it all the time.

So there, loser.

john w

Hall of Fame
1. Water baptism was not part of the law.

Yes, it was, idiot.

2.Jesus said to teach and baptize ALL nations !
"Jesus said," on earth, to baptize all nations,cast out devils, pick up serpents, drink poison and survive, heal the sick, make the blind see, sell all you have, go to Jerusalem 3 times/year, to observe the feasts, leave eveything.......and.....

....raise the dead.

Do it.

You demonic poser, fraud, admitted teenage devil child....

Sssssssssssssssss............