ECT uh oh Another verse where Paul says he destroyed the church of God !

dodge

uh oh Another verse where Paul says he destroyed the church of God !

Gal 1:13
For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it:

When you compare this to Jesus asking Saul why he was persecuting Him and Paul responding who are you LORD and Jesus replying " I am Jesus who you are persecuting". So when Saul persecuted the early Jewish Christians Saul was persecuting Jesus that means they were in the body of Christ before Paul.

glorydaz

For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it:

When you compare this to Jesus asking Saul why he was persecuting Him and Paul responding who are you LORD and Jesus replying " I am Jesus who you are persecuting". So when Saul persecuted the early Jewish Christians Saul was persecuting Jesus that means they were in the body of Christ before Paul.

Maybe a Jewish perspective will clear this up for you Dodge. Since the early church was composed mainly of Jews, you should understand the early church was "God's Messianic COMMUNITY (baptized in water). ie. Church of God.

Galatians 1:13 Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)
For you have heard about my former way of life in [traditional] Judaism — how I did my best to persecute God’s Messianic Community and destroy it;​

Compared to - Immersed BY THE SPIRIT into one body....not immersed by man in the water (John's baptism).

1 Corinthians 12:13Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)
For it was by one Spirit that we were all immersed into one body, whether Jews or Gentiles, slaves or free; and we were all given the one Spirit to drink.​

1 Corinthians 12:27Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)
Now you together constitute the body of the Messiah, and individually you are parts of it.​

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

What if there were people in the body before Paul, what does that mean dodge?

SaulToPaul 2

Once people accept that there are at least 3 churches in the Holy Bible, we can all quit arguing.
Almost all arguments arise from not separating the 3.

dodge

What if there were people in the body before Paul, what does that mean dodge?

Four things:

1 . MAD has misinterpreted "dispensation for a time as opposed to what it means which is a person as in Paul saying a dispensation of Grace has been granted to me ( Person ).
is wrong about.

2. MAD is wrong about Paul being in the body of Christ first.

3. Mad is wrong about Paul being the first to preach the Gospel of Grace, which they are.

4. Mad is wrong about repenting which Jesus and Paul and all the Apostles taught.

dodge

Once people accept that there are at least 3 churches in the Holy Bible, we can all quit arguing.

MAD has misinterpreted "dispensation for a time as opposed to what it means which is a person as in Paul saying a dispensation of Grace has been granted to me ( Person ).

dodge

Maybe a Jewish perspective will clear this up for you Dodge. Since the early church was composed mainly of Jews, you should understand the early church was "God's Messianic COMMUNITY (baptized in water). ie. Church of God.

For you have heard about my former way of life in [traditional] Judaism — how I did my best to persecute God’s Messianic Community and destroy it;​

Compared to - Immersed BY THE SPIRIT into one body....not immersed by man in the water (John's baptism).

For it was by one Spirit that we were all immersed into one body, whether Jews or Gentiles, slaves or free; and we were all given the one Spirit to drink.​

Now you together constitute the body of the Messiah, and individually you are parts of it.​

There ya go DIVIDING the "ONE" body of Christ again.

dodge

Wrong again STP the body of Christ has been divided by men NOT by God. You know "one body", which I have scripture to support not the false teachings of Bullinger and Stam as my foundation.

glorydaz

Wrong again STP the body of Christ has been divided by men NOT by God. You know "one body", which I have scripture to support not the false teachings of Bullinger and Stam as my foundation.

So the Church in the wilderness is the same as the Body of Christ? Is the Mormon Church part of the Body of Christ, too? Silly Dodge. :nono:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

When will you Darby Followers understand that the "Body" is a metaphor, with Jesus as the head, and is no different than the other metaphors, like when Jesus is the cornerstone of the building, and the apostles the foundation, and the believers stones.

You guys get so hung up on one metaphor, and completely ignore the other metaphors.

Jesus was also a gate, a vine, a light, water, bread, a shepherd, etc.

Interplanner

They treat these things as 'trademarked' titles. BOC. Another is the Great Tribulation. This 'hardens' the concept in to one time, which would be OK if it were the right one. But he said he was talking about things in that generation, and another equally good translation would be 'enormous turmoil.'

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
They treat these things as 'trademarked' titles. BOC. Another is the Great Tribulation. This 'hardens' the concept in to one time, which would be OK if it were the right one. But he said he was talking about things in that generation, and another equally good translation would be 'enormous turmoil.'

Yep.

Same thing with "the millennial reign". Nowhere in the Bible can you find the phrase "millennial reign". Yet, the Darby Followers use it all the time.

glorydaz

When will you Darby Followers understand that the "Body" is a metaphor, with Jesus as the head, and is no different than the other metaphors, like when Jesus is the cornerstone of the building, and the apostles the foundation, and the believers stones.

You guys get so hung up on one metaphor, and completely ignore the other metaphors.

Jesus was also a gate, a vine, a light, water, bread, a shepherd, etc.

We are baptized by the Holy Spirit into the body of Christ, and you disparage it? :nono:

Is the Holy Spirit a metaphor, too?

Is it a metaphor to have the Holy Spirit dwelling in us?