ECT Two Gospels Preached During The Acts Period

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Here we see a reference to two different gospels:

"But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter" (Gal.1:7).​

What was preached to the Jews during the Acts period? Here is what Paul preached to them:

"And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God...proving that this is the very Christ"
(Acts 9:20,22).​

The Apostle John makes it clear that those who believed that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, are "born of God":

"Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him...For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?" (1 Jn.5:1,4,5).​

John also made it clear that those who believe this truth receive life:

"But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name"
(Jn.20:31).​

This is the gospel or "good news" of Christ which was first preached to the Jews, the gospel which saved all those who believed:

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek"
(Ro.1:16).​

The heart and soul of the gospel which was preached to the Jews during the Acts period concerned the "identity" of the Lord Jesus. And while He walked the earth He said this to the Jews:

"And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world. I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am He, ye shall die in your sins" (Jn.8:23-24).​

On the other hand, the heart and soul of the gospel of the uncircumcision concerns the "purpose" of the Lord's death upon the Cross:

"Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures" (1 Cor.15:1-4).

Two different gospels and belief in either of them brought salvation to all who believed.

According to MADists, the first believers were never forgiven their sins, until the new covenant comes in effect in the future.

You guys are bonkers.

LA

Interplanner

According to MADists, the first believers were never forgiven their sins, until the new covenant comes in effect in the future.

You guys are bonkers.

LA

With JS, I'm pretty much convinced that the purpose of D'ism and MAD is to create division. I can't believe rational people would try to divide these things but there they are.

All because of the sloppy use of the expression 'right dividing' which was about church admin about widows and single mothers and how to handle the word of God about helping them.

Right Divider

Body part
With JS, I'm pretty much convinced that the purpose of D'ism and MAD is to create division. I can't believe rational people would try to divide these things but there they are.
We simply acknowledge the divisions that the LORD God has put in His Word.

All because of the sloppy use of the expression 'right dividing' which was about church admin about widows and single mothers and how to handle the word of God about helping them.
Wow. Your idiocy never ceases to amaze.

Please enlighten us. How in the world can you possibly come up with that ridiculous conclusion?

Interplanner

We simply acknowledge the divisions that the LORD God has put in His Word.

Wow. Your idiocy never ceases to amaze.

Please enlighten us. How in the world can you possibly come up with that ridiculous conclusion?

My mistake I was off by one Timothy. But the context is not ages, dispensations or mysteries. It is the words of Judaism that are being used wrong. That is who he was talking about. They thought there would be a Davidic theocracy too, you know. II Tim 2:14 cp TItus 3:9 with its warning about being a divider.

The other Timothy passage was 4:13 about reading it aloud, and then he goes into widows, dependents, etc.

It will help enormously Professional Divider if you try to find something positive, like Phil 4:9 says. How many Bible experts here write regularly about Ps 2, 16 and 110 and what the apostles say about them? That's what our attention should be on, not on 'events' supposed to happen in the middle east or the evasive Davidic theocracy.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

None of these Madists has a testimony of having been filled with the Holy Spirit of Gods love.

They avoid it like the plague.

They claim only the Jews are of the Bride of Christ.

but Paul said to the Cor. church.

2Co 11:1 Would to God ye could bear with me a little in my folly: and indeed bear with me.
2Co 11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

and to the Eph church--

Eph 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
Eph 5:24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
Eph 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
Eph 5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
Eph 5:28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
Eph 5:29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
Eph 5:30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
Eph 5:31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
Eph 5:32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

LA

Interplanner

None of these Madists has a testimony of having been filled with the Holy Spirit of Gods love.

They avoid it like the plague.

They claim only the Jews are of the Bride of Christ.

but Paul said to the Cor. church.

2Co 11:1 Would to God ye could bear with me a little in my folly: and indeed bear with me.
2Co 11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

and to the Eph church--

Eph 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
Eph 5:24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
Eph 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
Eph 5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
Eph 5:28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
Eph 5:29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
Eph 5:30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
Eph 5:31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
Eph 5:32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

LA

All good points; it is so maddening that when there actually is another gospel by the Judaizers against which Paul campaigned, the MADs come along with a 3rd to deal with. Since there is little about the Judaizers to begin with, it is totally clutter for the MADs to try this. It is a fraud.

Jerry Shugart

All good points; it is so maddening that when there actually is another gospel by the Judaizers against which Paul campaigned, the MADs come along with a 3rd to deal with. Since there is little about the Judaizers to begin with, it is totally clutter for the MADs to try this. It is a fraud.

I cannot understand how anyone can deny what I said here in regard to the "good news" or gospel which was preached to the Jews during the Acts period. Here is what Paul preached to them:

"And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God...proving that this is the very Christ"

The Apostle John makes it clear that those who believed that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, are "born of God":

"Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him...For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?" (1 Jn.5:1,4,5).​

"But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name"

This is the gospel or "good news" of Christ which was first preached to the Jews, the gospel which saved all those who believed:

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek"

The heart and soul of the gospel which was preached to the Jews during the Acts period concerned the "identity" of the Lord Jesus. And while He walked the earth the lord Jesus said this to the Jews:

"And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world. I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am He, ye shall die in your sins" (Jn.8:23-24).​

Since you consider yourself an expert in regard to the "good news" of Christ then please tell me exactly what I wrote that is in error.

Thanks!

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I cannot understand how anyone can deny what I said here in regard to the "good news" or gospel which was preached to the Jews during the Acts period. Here is what Paul preached to them:

The heart and soul of the gospel which was preached to the Jews during the Acts period concerned the "identity" of the Lord Jesus. And while He walked the earth the lord Jesus said this to the Jews:

Since you consider yourself an expert in regard to the "good news" of Christ then please tell me exactly what I wrote that is in error.

Thanks!

Made up.

DAN P

You guys are bonkers.

LA

Hi jamis , so how were those under the LAW of MOSES had their SINS forgiven ??

I have a verse WHAT DO YOU HAVE ??

dan p

Interplanner

Hi jamis , so how were those under the LAW of MOSES had their SINS forgiven ??

I have a verse WHAT DO YOU HAVE ??

dan p

several verses in Leviticus refer to forgiveness of sins for up to a year at a time. But in Hebrews it is more miserable than that because it is a 'reminder' of sins.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Are you saying that those verses don't exist and he's making them up? Or that the Bible is just a bunch of made up stories?

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

The bible does not teach that men are born again solely by believing Jesus is the son of God.

Jerry made that up.

Mat 8:28 And when he was come to the other side into the country of the Gergesenes, there met him two possessed with devils, coming out of the tombs, exceeding fierce, so that no man might pass by that way.
Mat 8:29 And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?

Mat 21:38 But when the husbandmen saw the son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and let us seize on his inheritance.
Mat 21:39 And they caught him, and cast him out of the vineyard, and slew him.

LA

DAN P

several verses in Leviticus refer to forgiveness of sins for up to a year at a time. But in Hebrews it is more miserable than that because it is a 'reminder' of sins.

Hi and it is in Heb 9:15 !!

When reading the Heb 9:15 passage we see many things that are mentioned !!

Christ is the MEDIATOR of the NEW COVENANT !!

That by the means of DEATH !!

For the REDEMPTION lof the Transgressions under the FIRST COVENANT !!

In other words His death paid for all the ANIMAL SACIFICES under the OT of 1600 years and paid for Isdrael's SINS under the OT !!

dan p

Last edited:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yep, read LA's signature and the confusion all makes sense.

My signature--

My theology is that the elect of Israel became the scattered church among the nations, and when filled up with the full number of gentiles who believe to become one with them, then Christ will return and gather them, and God will then pour out His wrath on the unbelievers of both Jew and Gentile.

LA

Right Divider

Body part
My signature--

My theology is that the elect of Israel became the scattered church among the nations, and when filled up with the full number of gentiles who believe to become one with them, then Christ will return and gather them, and God will then pour out His wrath on the unbelievers of both Jew and Gentile.

LA
:french:
Yes clueless one. We can see it at the bottom of ALL of your posts.