ECT Two Gospels Preached During The Acts Period

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What does this really say--

Gal 2:6 But from those who seemed to be something—whatever they were, it makes no difference to me; God shows personal favoritism to no man—for those who seemed to be something added nothing to me.
Gal 2:7 But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel for the uncircumcised had been committed to me, as the gospel for the circumcised was to Peter
Gal 2:8 (for He who worked effectively in Peter for the apostleship to the circumcised also worked effectively in me toward the Gentiles),
Gal 2:9 and when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that had been given to me, they gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship, that we should go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised.

turbosixx

Nope, You're just being an infant.

If you cannot EVEN understand THAT Paul added something to them, then you certainly CANNOT understand WHAT was added.

That's just simple logic, cry baby.

Here is logic.

He says they didn't add then he says on the contrary so that means THEY did add. So what do they give him?

those, I say, who seemed influential added nothing to me. 7 On the contrary, when they saw that I had been entrusted with the gospel to the uncircumcised, just as Peter had been entrusted with the gospel to the circumcised 8 (for he who worked through Peter for his apostolic ministry to the circumcised worked also through me for mine to the Gentiles), 9 and when James and Cephas and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given to me, they gave the right hand of fellowship to Barnabas and me,

That's the only thing given after the "CONTRARIWISE"

Right Divider

Body part
Here is logic.

He says they didn't add then he says on the contrary so that means THEY did add. So what do they give him?

those, I say, who seemed influential added nothing to me. 7 On the contrary, when they saw that I had been entrusted with the gospel to the uncircumcised, just as Peter had been entrusted with the gospel to the circumcised 8 (for he who worked through Peter for his apostolic ministry to the circumcised worked also through me for mine to the Gentiles), 9 and when James and Cephas and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given to me, they gave the right hand of fellowship to Barnabas and me,

That's the only thing given after the "CONTRARIWISE"
That is the dumbest post I have seen on TOL. Congratulations!

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
If you cannot EVEN understand THAT Paul added something to them, then you certainly CANNOT understand WHAT was added.

Paul didn't add anything to Christ's message for the Jews. On the contrary Paul said, "Therefore, whether it was I or they, so we preach and so you believed."

We preach, not I preach.

How did Paul know they all preached the same message? He went and rehearsed his message to the senior apostles and they approved it.

Jesus revealed to Paul the same thing he had revealed to Peter that the Abrahamic covenant of circumcision had been changed. No longer was there to be segregation between Israel and the Gentiles, there was no longer to be a difference based on the flesh.

What God truly wanted all along was circumcision of the heart. (Deuteronomy 10:16)

Christ revealed to Peter that there was to no longer be a separation between Jew and Gentile based on flesh.

Peter told the other apostles and elders at Jerusalem, "So God, who knows the heart, acknowledged them by giving them the Holy Spirit just as He did to us, and made no distinction between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith." (Acts 15:8-9)

Peter's gospel of grace: "But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved in the same manner as they."

Salvation by grace through faith, Peter taught it first.

Right Divider

Body part
Paul didn't add anything to Christ's message for the Jews. On the contrary Paul said, "Therefore, whether it was I or they, so we preach and so you believed."

We preach, not I preach.
Cute jamie.... but it DOES NOT say what you're trying to make it say and that is "we all preach the exact sames things and ONLY the same things".

How did Paul know they all preached the same message? He went and rehearsed his message to the senior apostles and they approved it.
Classic baloney and you SHOULD know it. Paul NEVER asked for ANY man's permission to preach the gospel that the RISEN and ASCENDED LORD Jesus Christ gave to HIM!

Jesus revealed to Paul the same thing he had revealed to Peter that the Abrahamic covenant of circumcision had been changed. No longer was there to be segregation between Israel and the Gentiles, there was no longer to be a difference based on the flesh.

What God truly wanted all along was circumcision of the heart. (Deuteronomy 10:16)

Christ revealed to Peter that there was to no longer be a separation between Jew and Gentile based on flesh.
Why wasn't Peter preaching this on the lawfully required feast day for the nation of Israel?

Peter told the other apostles and elders at Jerusalem, "So God, who knows the heart, acknowledged them by giving them the Holy Spirit just as He did to us, and made no distinction between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith." (Acts 15:8-9)
And, of course, you know that this was after a SPECIAL vision that God gave Peter AFTER the RISEN and ASCENDED LORD Jesus Christ called Paul..... right?

Peter's gospel of grace: "But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved in the same manner as they."

Salvation by grace through faith, Peter taught it first.
Cut story jamie .... very cute....

So YOU believe that THIS is the gospel of the grace of God?

Acts 10:35 (AKJV/PCE)
(10:35) But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

No, it is NOT. This is:

Titus 3:5 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:5) Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Come on over to GRACE jamie. Quit trying to be a worker of your own righteousness.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
"On the contrary" - for the word contrary refers to things that are not the same; that differ from and or with one another; and that are even opposed to one another.

Whereas the phrase "visa versa" refers to things that are part of one another.

Contrary...

Acts 17:7 Whom Jason hath received: and these all do contrary to the decrees of Caesar, saying that there is another king, one Jesus.

Acts 18:13 Saying, This fellow persuadeth men to worship God contrary to the law.

Acts 23:3 Then said Paul unto him, God shall smite thee, thou whited wall: for sittest thou to judge me after the law, and commandest me to be smitten contrary to the law?

Acts 26:9 I verily thought with myself, that I ought to do many things contrary to the name of Jesus of Nazareth.

Romans 11:24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?

Romans 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

2 Corinthians 2:7 So that contrariwise ye ought rather to forgive him, and comfort him, lest perhaps such a one should be swallowed up with overmuch sorrow.

Galatians 5:17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

Colossians 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

1 Thessalonians 2:15 Who both killed the Lord Jesus, and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they please not God, and are contrary to all men:

1 Timothy 1:10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

1 Peter 3:9 Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.

Galatians 2:1 Then fourteen years after I went up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas, and took Titus with me also. 2:2 And I went up by revelation, and communicated unto them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to them which were of reputation, lest by any means I should run, or had run, in vain. 2:3 But neither Titus, who was with me, being a Greek, was compelled to be circumcised:

At which point he relates why he had had to return up to Jerusalem to communicate unto them that gospel which he preached among the Gentiles...

2:4 And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage:

In other words, because some were being "contrary to" what Paul was preaching among the Gentiles. Thus, Paul's opposition.

Galatians 2:5 To whom we gave place by subjection, no, not for an hour; that the truth of the gospel might continue with you.

He then goes on to relate the even further contrast that as a matter of fact...

Galatians 2:6 But of these who seemed to be somewhat, (whatsoever they were, it maketh no matter to me: God accepteth no man's person: ) for they who seemed to be somewhat in conference added nothing to me:

He related to them that he had been given authority to preach the gospel he preached among the Gentiles.

In contrast they added nothing to this assertion of his.

Instead, they simply agreed with this difference.

2:7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter; 2:8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles: )

Galatians 2 :9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

Why did they agree with him? How did they even know he was of God?

They perceived his Apostleship had been given him by the Lord.

By what means had they been able to perceive that?

"For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles: )"

The words "he that wrough effectually in" and "the same was mighty in me" refer to the fact that just as God had confirmed the Twelve's Apostleship as being of God via the Spirit's miraculous signs, He confirmed the validity of Paul's Apostleship of the Gentiles to James, Cephas, and John in a similar manner.

The Twelve's Apostleship confirmed via signs...

Mark 16:19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God. 16:20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

Acts 5:12 And by the hands of the apostles were many signs and wonders wrought among the people; (and they were all with one accord in Solomon's porch.

Likewise, as to Paul's Apostleship of the Gentiles...

Acts 15:12 Then all the multitude kept silence, and gave audience to Barnabas and Paul, declaring what miracles and wonders God had wrought among the Gentiles by them.

Acts 19:11 And God wrought special miracles by the hands of Paul:

Acts 21:19 And when he had saluted them, he declared particularly what things God had wrought among the Gentiles by his ministry.

Galatians 3:5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

Romans 15:15 Nevertheless, brethren, I have written the more boldly unto you in some sort, as putting you in mind, because of the grace that is given to me of God, 15:16 That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Ghost. 15:17 I have therefore whereof I may glory through Jesus Christ in those things which pertain to God. 15:18 For I will not dare to speak of any of those things which Christ hath not wrought by me, to make the Gentiles obedient, by word and deed, 15:19 Through mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God; so that from Jerusalem, and round about unto Illyricum, I have fully preached the gospel of Christ. 15:20 Yea, so have I strived to preach the gospel, not where Christ was named, lest I should build upon another man's foundation: 15:21 But as it is written, To whom he was not spoken of, they shall see: and they that have not heard shall understand.

Epic Fail.

Right Divider

Body part
And, of course, you know that this was after a SPECIAL vision that God gave Peter AFTER the RISEN and ASCENDED LORD Jesus Christ called Paul..... right?

How is it that when you should know when to understand the flesh Israelites you don't?

Paul was called from birth.

Jesus did not call Paul on the road to Damascus.
Scripture IN CONTEXT please.

Both are true in DIFFERENT ways.

Learn how to quote.

Jerry Shugart

There is nothing in this passage to suggest two different gospels. One gospel to two different audiences like it says in Romans.
For I am not ashamed of the gospel…to the Jew first and also to the Greek.

If you look at the Greek Interlinear, the gospel is only mentioned ONCE in v7 because it's the same one.

The Greek word translated "gospel" means "glad tidings" or "good news." With that in mind let us look at what is said:

"For I am not ashamed of the good news of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek"(Ro.1:16).​

The "good news" of Christ which was preached to the Jews is that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God.

The "good news" preached to the Gentiles is that the Lord Jesus died for our sins.

There is nothing at Romans 1:16 that limits the number of instances of "good news" which was preached.

turbosixx

The Greek word translated "gospel" means "glad tidings" or "good news." With that in mind let us look at what is said:

"For I am not ashamed of the good news of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek"(Ro.1:16).​

The "good news" of Christ which was preached to the Jews is that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God.

The "good news" preached to the Gentiles is that the Lord Jesus died for our sins.

There is nothing at Romans 1:16 that limits the number of instances of "good news" which was preached.

The limiter of the good news is "of Christ". That is the only good news that saves.
"For I am not ashamed of the good news of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek"(Ro.1:16).

So you're saying that it has to be said just like this or that makes it a different gospel.

This doesn't qualify? It contains all the same elements.
Acts 2:36 Let all the house of Israel therefore know for certain that God has made him both Lord and Christ, this Jesus whom you crucified."

2:38 And Peter said to them, "Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Right Divider

Body part
The limiter of the good news is "of Christ". That is the only good news that saves.
"For I am not ashamed of the good news of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek"(Ro.1:16).

So you're saying that it has to be said just like this or that makes it a different gospel.

Acts 2:36 Let all the house of Israel therefore know for certain that God has made him both Lord and Christ, this Jesus whom you crucified."

2:38 And Peter said to them, "Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
Looking BACK based on what God has revealed to and through Paul, YES... we can see this.

But if you read Act 2 without the knowledge that did not exist at the time, you will see that Acts 2:36 it a MURDER indictment and not a proclamation of "good news".

Jerry Shugart

The "good news" that was first preached to the Jews is the fact that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. And belief in that gospel of Christ saves (Jn.20:31; 1 Jn.5:1-5).

The "good news"that was preached to the Gentiles is the fact that the Lord Jesus died for our sins. And belief in that gospel of Christ saves (1 Cor.15:1-4).

Simple as can be!

No, there is nothing there that even hints of the basic truth that was preached to the Gentiles, that believers are "justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus" (Ro.3:24).