Trumps Veteran website directs funds to his personal foundation.

journey

"Rather than going directly to veterans groups, 100% of online donations on Trump's pro-veterans site will go directly to Trump's personal foundation."

http://thefederalist.com/2016/01/28...-all-donations-to-trumps-personal-foundation/

People need to know this - quoted from the web site:

BEGIN QUOTE

"
Between 2009 and 2013, Trump’s non-profit donated between $100,001 and $250,000 to the Clinton Foundation. Over the same period of time, Trump’s group gave only $57,000 to veterans groups. A 2015 analysis by Forbes noted that barely 1 percent of the Donald J. Trump Foundation’s $5.5 million worth of donations betwen 2009 and 2013 went to organizations that support military veterans:
The Donald J. Trump Foundation has donated $5.5 million to 298 charities between 2009 and 2013 (the most recent year available), according to the non-profit’s 990 tax forms from those years. Of that, only $57,000 has been donated to seven organizations that directly benefit military veterans or their families, Forbes found. Wounded Warriors was not among the organizations Trump’s foundation gave to in that time period.

Forbes also found that Trump, who we estimate is worth $4.5 billion, has not made personal contributions to his foundation during the same time period. We reached out to his spokespeople for comment, but did not hear back before publishing."

END QUOTE

journey

It would appear that Trump is all talk and no action - mentioning the word "veterans" in a misleading manner for support. I don't know, maybe he has done something recently for the veterans. I hope that he has.

rexlunae

It would appear that Trump is all talk and no action - mentioning the word "veterans" in a misleading manner for support. I don't know, maybe he has done something recently for the veterans. I hope that he has.

I'm tired of veterans being used as props for politicians. We're all super eager to honor and support veterans, but we can't seem to fix the VA, or end homelessness among veterans, or maybe even avoid getting into stupid wars. As far as I'm concerned, the way most politicians treat vets is about a disingenuous as possible.

Krsto

If his foundation donates an amount to vets groups equivalent to what his website takes in then he has fulfilled his obligation to send it "directly" to the vets groups. This is standard language and procedure with NGO's that's another way of saying the organization collecting the money will not take a percentage of it as an administration fee. The question will be whether he will actually do this.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm tired of veterans being used as props for politicians. We're all super eager to honor and support veterans, but we can't seem to fix the VA, or end homelessness among veterans, or maybe even avoid getting into stupid wars. As far as I'm concerned, the way most politicians treat vets is about a disingenuous as possible.

Yet you voted for Obama several times in 2012. You pathetic liar.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Supporting vets- and a government that fails to support vets.
I'm tired of people in general with the use of supporting veterans to feed into their sense of patriotism and image. I can go through any neighborhood and see those green lights shining from the porches, supporting troops- but all the are really doing is supporting the lightbulb companies. It's just like that ice bucket challenge thing- nothing is really being supported except one's image. And ReadyIce :chuckle:

Trump is just playing the game the same as everyone else.

elohiym

That's because Trump's foundation is the best for vets. He's amazing for the vets. Just the best. They love Trump. Just ask him.

As a veteran, I appreciate the 57K that he didn't have to give.

Likewise, I appreciate the benefits I receive from the taxpayers that is due.

elohiym

It would be nice to have a better health care system, but I realize that everyone is struggling with that problem and at least what I get is free.

rexlunae

As a veteran, I appreciate the 57K that he didn't have to give.

Fair enough.

Likewise, I appreciate the benefits I receive from the taxpayers that is due.

I always wonder why we don't seem to be able to provide for veterans without making it an act of charity. It seems like especially Republicans, but Democrats also like to talk about honoring the service, and then they vote for policies that fund veterans programs inadequately. It's as if what they do in public is mostly a smokescreen to facilitate strangers dying on their behalf.

journey

Taking care of our veterans should be a matter of duty and honor. They have given much, and we owe them more than just appreciation.