Trump - Too Dumb To Be President?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
The Duck is not dumb in any way. He is extremely intelligent; however, he is not what many people think he is.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Less than 3 weeks to go.....a leopard can't change its spots....A Duck can't turn into a golden goose...You know what? Maybe this IS just some big scheme to create notoriety and fame and make a bunch of cash after the election. Duping a bunch of dupes.... This is what Republicans get for nominating someone who loves money so much. I believe the Holy Scripture says the love of money is the root of all evil. Good going....:chuckle:

You are closer than I have seen on different forums. The deal here is the Duck has lots of money, now he wants to have more fame. I think he has been considering a way to be a media star for many years. He wants to be famous like Johnny Carson, but he wants to own the production company like Bing Crosby.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Everyone here knows I am a Trump supporter, but the question arises, is he too dumb to be president? He talks too much and seems to have no couth, no common sense, no manners and no understanding of this election. He frequently talks like a high school kid. ANYBODY ELSE would beat Hellary hands down and she will not win as much as Trump lost it on his own. There's still a remote chance for Trump with one more debate tomorrow.

Boy Aaron, you really know how to sell your candidate.

Trump needs to stick to the issues

Since Donald Trump hasn't been consistent on any issue that I've seen, what 'issues" should he stick to that would impress an undecided voter?

Danoh

You are closer than I have seen on different forums. The deal here is the Duck has lots of money, now he wants to have more fame. I think he has been considering a way to be a media star for many years. He wants to be famous like Johnny Carson, but he wants to own the production company like Bing Crosby.

You mean the casting couch like Bill...Cosby...Clinton...

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Since Donald Trump hasn't been consistent on any issue that I've seen, what 'issues" should he stick to that would impress an undecided voter?

Getting the dumb out of society so that issues can actually be solved.

That's primarily what has gotten his popularity- people that are tired of political correctness, laboring under frivolous nonsense, hearing people complaining about things that nothing can be done about and ignoring what can, anon anon.

The Left want many things to remain problems, because the Left strives on them. Meanwhile, on the Right, people have pretty much taking a vote of no confidence with it- Your Cruz's and Bush's weren't about to solve jack.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

Getting the dumb out of society so that issues can actually be solved.

That's primarily what has gotten his popularity- people that are tired of political correctness, laboring under frivolous nonsense, hearing people complaining about things that nothing can be done about and ignoring what can, anon anon.

The Left want many things to remain problems, because the Left strives on them. Meanwhile, on the Right, people have pretty much taking a vote of no confidence with it- Your Cruz's and Bush's weren't about to solve jack.

So important issues that Donald Trump should stress in the upcoming debate:

1). Get the dumb out of society.

Was there anything else that he needs to stress during the debate?

I'm not sure the label "dumb" fits. I recall seeing an interview with one of the Watson and Crick guys, forget which one, but he was, clearly, demeaning and patronizing towards people of faith, being an avowed atheist, sure he was mentally superior, wearing that "legend in his own mind" syndrome on his sleeve. It was painful to watch him make such a horse's rear of himself. His behavior was affected, laughing at his own jokes incessantly, as if so amused by himself, talking to the interviewer as if he wasn't even there, going on and on like some self absorbed idiot. In short, the dude came off this way, painfully so, clear he couldn't see how ridiculous, childish and self willed he was being, or he would have known better: thinking he was being brilliant, he was, rather, making a fool of himself, was beneath dignity for his blinding ego. On the other hand, this man was a Nobel Prize scientist, could not be generally dumb.

I think such aberrant behavior is more a matter of spiritual blindness, the inability for some people to see some things for, very often, blinding ego, the carnal human tendency to self will and to believe what we want to believe, at the expense of even clear truths, to the contrary. Spiritual blindness often looks a lot like utter stupidity, and I suppose is, in a very real sense, yet it is the domain of many of the world's best minds.

Have you ever asked yourself how intelligent people of “faith” could subscribe to cults, which contradict clear scripture, God’s holy word? We have multitudes of people who claim to believe in Jesus Christ, while disbelieving some of the Lord’s basic teachings and commandments. Have you ever wondered what on earth is wrong with people, claiming the faith, whose religion scripture states is wrong? Who cling to their cults, all the lies, despite the very word of God? Can anybody be that dumb and functional, at the same time?

It's a very curious thing, the likes that people who, for instance, no matter how religious reject God, refused Jesus Christ when He was physically present, though He worked amazing miracles to prove His credentials, scripture itself with hundreds of detailed, fulfilled prophecies only God could predict. The proof is all there in our Bibles, yet you could find Nobel Prize type scientists, by the bushel, who, presented with the utter statistical impossibility the prophecies of the Bible could be random (Isaiah 46:9-10) will, nonetheless, reject the very notion of God. Scripture points this very thing out, Luke 16:31. In short, there are, otherwise, brilliant people who are putty in the devil’s hand, real dupes, spiritually blinded, who will sign-up for the most absurd lies, even mathematically impossible lies, but lies that tickle their ears and egos. The Lord can part the Red Sea, but some people will go off and worship a cow statue, somehow make sense of it, many with surely triple digit IQs. Presumably the Pharisees knew the scripture of the Lord best, yet what good did it do those spiritually dead? All that knowledge, that murders the prophets? Men of letters that didn’t learn anything from simply Cain and Abel?

So, sometimes it's blindness, which mysteriously trumps intellect (pun unintended!) and appears as dumbness, to the sighted individual. Spiritual disease is more intellectually debilitating than most mental disease, can make otherwise smart people fail to see the obvious, hence making idiots of themselves. This also well points out how the foolishness of God, if there were such a thing, is wiser than the wisdom of men, Isaiah 55:8-9.

Do yourself a favor, and don’t hold your breath there are any saviors on the ballot. The only thing that can be said, for certainty, is only a Godless fool would vote for Hillary, though I’m very uncertain what a vote for Trump and a dime will actually get you, anymore.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Have you ever asked yourself how intelligent people of “faith” could subscribe to cults, which contradict clear scripture, God’s holy word? We have multitudes of people who claim to believe in Jesus Christ, while disbelieving some of the Lord’s basic teachings and commandments. Have you ever wondered what on earth is wrong with people, claiming the faith, whose religion scripture states is wrong? Who cling to their cults, all the lies, despite the very word of God? Can anybody be that dumb and functional, at the same time?

It's nothing new.
There's something about human nature that can drive people to do ridiculous things. The Levites, for example, melting down their jewelry into a calf while Moses was away- after having just seen plagues and seas split- shows that it shouldn't be a surprise people fall into cults.

It's nothing new.
There's something about human nature that can drive people to do ridiculous things. The Levites, for example, melting down their jewelry into a calf while Moses was away- after having just seen plagues and seas split- shows that it shouldn't be a surprise people fall into cults.

You're absolutely right, but I've always had a problem understanding this phenomenon, you could say the way it defies common sense and any soundness of mind. On the one hand, we have understanding of complex concepts, on the other hand obliviousness to the obvious. It’s spiritual blindness, but I don’t understand how, since it manifests as very selective stupidity, as if God will not allow certain understandings to unregenerate men, such that they can’t see that big, red stop sign in front of them, as it were. The Bible supports this, the Lord Jesus willing that parables conceal the truth, that scripture is spiritually discerned, but how can anybody look at a plain statement in scripture a child could understand and it just fly over their head? It’s always been a mystery to me, “Look, man! You can’t see that elephant standing in front of you?” Well, they don’t. Go figure. There is a spiritual reality that transcends mentality, that can control mental functions, equally clear a lot of evil, criminal behavior is demonic in origins. Ephesians 6:12.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
"Little Trump"

Newt Gingrich expounded on his theory of Donald Trump’s bifurcated personality on Tuesday, explaining that the “very sensitive” Little Trump lashes out “almost uncontrollably” when criticized.

The former House speaker and top Trump surrogate told the Washington Examiner’s David Drucker that the Republican nominee loses his cool in response to “anything which attacks his own sense of integrity or his own sense of respectability, and he reacts very intensely, almost uncontrollably, to those kinds of situations.”

These rather harsh comments follow a Fox News interview last week in which Gingrich claimed that the Little Trump was “frankly pathetic” for attacking House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-WI) for neglecting to congratulate him on his performance in the second presidential debate.

While Gingrich noted that he admired Big Trump for disrupting the presidential campaign with his unorthodox behavior and far-reaching policy ideas, he said that the real estate mogul too often became embroiled in embarrassing public spats.

“There’s also a part of his personality that sometimes gets involved in petty things that make no sense, and I think that that’s what I was talking about when I talk about there’s a big Trump and a little Trump,” Gingrich said.

Danoh

"Little Trump"

Newt Gingrich expounded on his theory of Donald Trump’s bifurcated personality on Tuesday, explaining that the “very sensitive” Little Trump lashes out “almost uncontrollably” when criticized.

The former House speaker and top Trump surrogate told the Washington Examiner’s David Drucker that the Republican nominee loses his cool in response to “anything which attacks his own sense of integrity or his own sense of respectability, and he reacts very intensely, almost uncontrollably, to those kinds of situations.”

These rather harsh comments follow a Fox News interview last week in which Gingrich claimed that the Little Trump was “frankly pathetic” for attacking House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-WI) for neglecting to congratulate him on his performance in the second presidential debate.

While Gingrich noted that he admired Big Trump for disrupting the presidential campaign with his unorthodox behavior and far-reaching policy ideas, he said that the real estate mogul too often became embroiled in embarrassing public spats.

“There’s also a part of his personality that sometimes gets involved in petty things that make no sense, and I think that that’s what I was talking about when I talk about there’s a big Trump and a little Trump,” Gingrich said.

And like...attracts...like.

On both sides...of the fence...that is...Hillary Clinton...and Donald Trump.

Why?

Because the same off-base dynamic at work within each of those two...is essentially the same off-base dynamic at work...within each of their...respective supporters.

Regardless of each's endless rationalizations...in equally endless..."forums" :chuckle:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Everyone here knows I am a Trump supporter, but the question arises, is he too dumb to be president? He talks too much and seems to have no couth, no common sense, no manners and no understanding of this election. He frequently talks like a high school kid. ANYBODY ELSE would beat Hellary hands down and she will not win as much as Trump lost it on his own. There's still a remote chance for Trump with one more debate tomorrow. Trump needs to stick to the issues.
@Town Heretic

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
What? This is it?

Everyone here knows I am a Trump supporter, but the question arises, is he too dumb to be president?

Not, notably, your question.

He talks too much and seems to have no couth, no common sense, no manners and no understanding of this election. He frequently talks like a high school kid. ANYBODY ELSE would beat Hellary hands down and she will not win as much as Trump lost it on his own. There's still a remote chance for Trump with one more debate tomorrow. Trump needs to stick to the issues.
So your criticism is that he talks too much and loses style points? You couched some of that with "seems" to boot. . . it's...something. But it's cosmetic, isn't it. And the sort of thing you have to own because it's too easy to counter otherwise.

But to be fair, that's one. And the second?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
What? This is it?

Not, notably, your question.

So your criticism is that he talks too much and loses style points? You couched some of that with "seems" to boot. . . it's...something. But it's cosmetic, isn't it. And the sort of thing you have to own because it's too easy to counter otherwise.

But to be fair, that's one. And the second?
I tagged you in another thread also, making two. Plus other posts in those threads, making my score even higher. I asked a fairly damaging question of Trump, is he too dumb to be President? But your brainwashed mind can't see that, you thinks it's "cosmetic"

Status
Not open for further replies.