Tropical Cyclone Freddy

Bradley D

When I lived in the Philippines from 2006 - 2019 I went through two super typhoons 2013/14. In 2013 the death toll was over 6300 souls. My dear departed wife got us through those storms.

Derf

When I lived in the Philippines from 2006 - 2019 I went through two super typhoons 2013/14. In 2013 the death toll was over 6300 souls. My dear departed wife got us through those storms.
I assume you mean that she was still alive at the time right? Wives are special treasures, uniquely fitted to help us in good times and bad!

Bradley D

Still have one in the IO. Went through the two super typhoons when I was in the Philippines in 2013 and 2014. Over 6300 souls perished in 2013. I saw bodies being pulled out of the ruble and laid along the roadsides on the Island of Leyte.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
The tropical storm that now identifies as Betty:

After a rapid intensification, Typhoon Mawar has become the most powerful storm of 2023 globally, according to the Joint Typhoon Warning Centre.

The typhoon, now known as Betty after entering the oceanic area monitored by the Philippines, is packing current wind speeds of 270km/h.
Current path looks like it might miss Manila, might miss Luzon altogether, in which case it'll be aimed right at Taiwan.

@Stripe