troll?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

In Internet slang, a troll (/troʊl, trɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting quarrels or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional ... More - see link

[h=3]Internet troll - Wikipedia[/h]

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Why making a thread about misbehaviors of members is a troll?

I know you have been calling me a troll many times with no good reason.
So this thread is about me? I gave you a definition and a link. Do want every member here to give you their own definition of a troll? It's another way of saying "annoying" or "troublemaker" or "accuser" - evoking emotional response with personal attacks etc., and doing these things intentionally and repeatedly. Have a nice thread. :wave2:

meshak

BANNED
Banned
If you know for a fact it has been misused then why do you not tell us what it really means?

Because they wont get infraction for doing it.

I am only stating the fact what is going on.

I believe trying to keep silence other christens just because they feel like it or they don't like the captain members is not Christian like manner.

Isnt this a Christian site? I know it is.

daqq

Because they wont get infraction for doing it.

I am only stating the fact what is going on.

I believe trying to keep silence other christens just because they feel like it or they don't like the captain members is not Christian like manner.

Isnt this a Christian site? I know it is.

I really am not sure what exactly you are talking about but it must have been some other thread where you perhaps got called a troll? What exactly is a troll? I also have been called that before, more than once, but there probably should be a real definition according to the board rules if it is something that one can receive an infraction for doing, (that is, trolling I suppose, or "being a troll"). I am surprised you still have not offered your own definition. What is a troll according to you since this is your thread about trolls? (lol).

fool

Hall of Fame
It comes from fishing. In Fishing you might put out a bunch of baited lines and slowly drive the boat along dragging the baited lines behind you to cover a large area and find where the fish are. This is called Trolling and you might go to a sporting goods store and see and electric boat motor available for sale that's called a "Trolling Motor". They use a small electric motor instead of the main boat motor because it's quieter and won't scare the fish.

Now, to the internet. A Troll is someone who feeds on conflict. They start threads or drop posts like bait to get someone to respond and then they get a conflict going. Not because they have a firmly held belief they want to defend or expound on but because they want conflict.

So if you went to a prolife website and started a pro abortion thread and then you went to a pro choice website and started an antiabortion thread then you would be trolling. Because you're saying something you don't believe just to get a rise out of people.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It seems that the word "troll" is being misused and abused.

What is it?
To state the term "troll" is being misused and abused presumes the one making the statement actually knows what the word "troll" means.

Please define the term you believe is being misused and abused so that we can all be on the same page.

AMR

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It appears Meshak is 'feigning' ignorance regarding the word, TROLL.
I wish persons that start a thread with a hidden agenda think twice about doing so.
Seems to me we should be speaking plainly, wherein your yes and no are indeed yes and no is the right, Biblical, thing to do.

Either that or persons (e.g., meshak) having nothing to say on this matter, should refrain from giving ample evidence of the fact.

@meshak
She is free to prove me wrong by providing an actual definition of the word "troll" that she leverages in claiming the word has been misused and abused. If the term is being used inappropriately, she bears the burden to demonstrate the claim made. Until that time, this thread is basically a call for mind reading. I prefer not to endeavor to enter the mind of meshak...for my own sanity's sake. :AMR:

While on the topic, I remind meshak and others of the requirement that threads be given appropriate titles and not just "click-bait" titles:

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4461319#post4461319

http://web.archive.org/web/20060508021435/http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/announcement.php?f=9

For example, this thread should have been given the title:

"Is the word "troll" being misused and abused at TOL?" or something to that effect.

AMR

meshak

BANNED
Banned
To state the term "troll" is being misused and abused presumes the one making the statement actually knows what the word "troll" means.

Please define the term you believe is being misused and abused so that we can all be on the same page.

AMR

fair enough.

Troll is someone who comes here just to cause trouble without any reason or just for advertisement.

It is their main purpose on a daily bases.

It is very obvious they are troll because most of them are just ask questions without much of explanation.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I wish persons that start a thread with a hidden agenda think twice about doing so.
Seems to me we should be speaking plainly, wherein your yes and no are indeed yes and no is the right, Biblical, thing to do.

Either that or persons (e.g., meshak) having nothing to say on this matter, should refrain from giving ample evidence of the fact.

@meshak
She is free to prove me wrong by providing an actual definition of the word "troll" that she leverages in claiming the word has been misused and abused. If the term is being used inappropriately, she bears the burden to demonstrate the claim made. Until that time, this thread is basically a call for mind reading. I prefer not to endeavor to enter the mind of meshak...for my own sanity's sake. :AMR:

While on the topic, I remind meshak and others of the requirement that threads be given appropriate titles and not just "click-bait" titles:

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4461319#post4461319

http://web.archive.org/web/20060508021435/http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/announcement.php?f=9

For example, this thread should have been given the title:

"Is the word "troll" being misused and abused at TOL?" or something to that effect.

AMR

thanks.

Yes, I realize my title was not accurate.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I started this thread because I am levelled as troll by some members here.

Members,who believe I am a troll, please state why. I don't believe I am a troll.

I am Jesus' follower and I am here to spread what Jesus says, mainly.

I don't think anything troll about spreading Jesus' teachings or word.