Theology Club: Tribulation Doctrine

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I believe the City is between the earth and heaven, while touching the earth, allowing the saved of the nations to enter. :)
Does that mean that there is an earthly city of Jerusalem AND a heavenly city of Jerusalem at the same time?

SaulToPaul 2

And it makes me wonder how the canonical order of the New Testament books actually came about.

Yes, because we can see that they are laid out perfectly, just where they fit in the dispenstional time line...with Romans-Philemon neatly tucked in between the little flock and the coming tribulation and kingdom!

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sister Whombora,

I do believe that is the case!
It is interesting that the heavenly city is estimated to cover half of the USA.

I haven't checked what the land mass of the promised restored Israel. But it does seem possible that this city that "hovers" might just have an access point in all 12 of the tribal lands, since there are 12 gates with the names of the 12 tribes on them.

Revelation 21 KJV
(12) And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:​

SaulToPaul 2

It is interesting that the heavenly city is estimated to cover half of the USA.

I haven't checked what the land mass of the promised restored Israel. But it does seem possible that this city that "hovers" might just have an access point in all 12 of the tribal lands, since there are 12 gates with the names of the 12 tribes on them.

Revelation 21 KJV
(12) And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:​

Don't tell anyone, lest they open up more heresy hunter threads, but I believe the city will be a pyramid with it's tip touching the earth.

:jawdrop:

Danoh

Don't tell anyone, lest they open up more heresy hunter threads, but I believe the city will be a pyramid with it's tip touching the earth.

Lol, that is actually a view held by some within New Age ideas - an upside down pyramid that matches and touches tips with, a right side up pyramid :chuckle:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I'm telling Mom!

OK, a pyramid. I assume you mean a four sided pyramid, as the city does have 4 sides.
But if only the tip is touching the earth, then that would be the only access point. Why have 12 gates to the city if there is only one access point to get in?

Danoh

I'm telling Mom!

OK, a pyramid. I assume you mean a four sided pyramid, as the city does have 4 sides.
But if only the tip is touching the earth, then that would be the only access point. Why have 12 gates to the city if there is only one access point to get in?

Its upside down, and so is all the furniture, that's why the tip touches the earth - one heck of a balancing act, lol

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Found a pic that shows approximate land mass the New Jerusalem would cover.

New%20Jerusalem%20land%20mass_zps33tudxd0.jpg