toldailytopic: Wildcard Wednesday! Fire off any random thoughts that you have today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How did I become a pot of petunias, and what are petunias? (the pot of petunias crashes to the earth, right next to the whale, who crashed only seconds earlier, due to it's greater mass).
Is that Douglas Adams' ignorant physics?

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There are two kinds of people in the world--those that will become the eternally dead and those that will become the eternally glorious. Which will you be? Jesus has the right answer.

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
All the so called gods are your enemies, every one. Only the true Living God is your friend.

From the story The Stag Prince that I wrote in College.

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I rather like those pretty ears!

I think I am going to erupt if I wear them too long. After Easter its back to the leaf muffler and the glasses.

Aimiel

I wear a burr, but it doesn't hide my thinning hair. It just makes it less noticeable to me. I don't care what anyone else thinks of how I look.

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If I put Rogaine on my back hair, do you think it will become long enough that I can do a combover?

If I put Rogaine on my head I think I would be buried in hair, forget the combovers.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
If I put Rogaine on my back hair, do you think it will become long enough that I can do a combover?
Someone told me that they snorted a spider into their nose, then hacked it back out from their mouth, and it crawled away. :shocked: Job 8:14; Isa. 59:5.

Last edited:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I wanna be more than a light to the world.
I wanna be a flame-thrower!

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Word of God is the plumb line by which all ideas are measured.

Omega39

A random thought had occured to me when I walked out of my bedroom door this morning: When open theism talks about God's foreknowledge as being both definite and indefinite, doesn't that sound more like "ajar"? According to open theists believe (please correct me if I'm wrong) that God limits His own omniscience: He knows every possible choice of every human being and allows them to act on that free will, but ultimately, God's plans will still come through as He originally planned them.

It just seems to me that this definition (if it is correct) of open theism seems more like "ajar theism." Thoughts?

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
O.K. I'm going to try random here...

Why do you drive on a parkway and park in a driveway? :idunno:

Krsto

Someone told me that they snorted a spider into their nose, then hacked it back out from their mouth, and it crawled away. :shocked:

That reminds me (so I guess this isn't a truly random thought) of the time I got bit by a Puget Sound mud shark. I think I am the only person who ever has. After catching a typical 3 footer (I could never catch anything but mud sharks) I had it on the dock and thought it was dead and wanted to feel how sharp its teeth were. Yeah, I know, intelligent people don't do that, so what's your point? Well, anyway, it had like two or three rows of very fine, very sharp teeth that I was running my finger over when it had one of those after death spasms and chomped down on my finger - nearly took the end of it off. So there you have it. Never let anyone tell you Puget Sound mud sharks aren't dangerous.

Omega39

O.K. I'm going to try random here...

Why do you drive on a parkway and park in a driveway? :idunno:

Maybe the people who created those terms were hoping that a select few would be mad enough to do the opposite of what those terms mean for laughs. :idunno: Confuse immigrants? :idunno:

Any thoughts on why we call imports/exports cargo on a ship and call imports/exports a shipment in a car?

Status
Not open for further replies.