toldailytopic: Why do you suppose most major media outlets are so overwhelming libera

Memento Mori

I truly appreciate how these two shows take the right wing to task. They constantly point out that "the emperor has no clothes" and that is much needed. Though often funny, they can be quite vulgar.

Those things being stated, they are both liberal in many respects--Colbert more so than Stewart. Stewart is a secularist, but comes off as more respectful of religious expression in general (when compared to Colbert). Colbert, who is Catholic (at least he claims to be), tends to vile in his treatment of religion, especially Christianity.

I often torn when I watch these shows--on one hand I thoroughly enjoy how they turn the spotlight onto hypocrisy, especially conservative hypocrisy, but on the other I find the shows almost unwatchable when they use Jesus as a punchline. All in all, Stewart's show is much more well rounded in its treatment of the political spectrum and religion, while Colbert tends to be more extreme.

I definitely prefer Stewart because of his wit, presentation, and knowledge. However, I find Colbert funnier because of his bald-face ability to imitate. It's absolutely hilarious that so many in the right-wing news like Fox despise him. He is them. The sweet taste of irony.

But Stewart is by far the better commentator of the two plus his ability to hold his own in his debate.

bybee

"Most" media outlets? Which? TV? Print? Radio? All?
Which continent and which country?
What is "overwhelming"?
What is "liberal"?
When reporting on what?

The generic answer is: depends.

If a TV station presents on the news that Sikhs are rattled about the killing of people of the same faith in Wisconsin earlier this year I maintain it's factual and not liberal.

If they show how Muslims fire rockets at a US military base in Afghanistan it is factual, not liberal.

If they show Catholic and atheist sponsored billboards I would not call it liberal.

So there remain 2 instances where I could possibly imagine someone here consider media reports being liberal is when it comes to politics or religion, both areas with many promises and equally little results.
Here in the Middle East the papers and the TV stations report neutrally about the US and Iran and factually about events in the region.

How absolutely fabulous for you!

call me roy

To "The Barbarian: I am sorry you got angry about my post of some Hal Lindsey comments. I agree with Mr. Lindsey's comments and beliefs. I am an Evangelical like Mr. Lindsey. Billy Graham is an Evangelical. Evangelicals make up a large part of the Christian people in the world.

I don't know if you are normally mean to anyone that disagrees with you're beliefs but I hope not. I am sure that you realize that quick anger is looked upon as immature and ignorant. I am sure that you normally don't act this way?

I think it is interesting to talk to different people about their beliefs to learn new things. We are all children of God and everyone has a special place. No matter what problems anyone has committed, God and Jesus will forgive them and welcome them.

I hope I can learn more about you're beliefs and share mine with you.

God bless you.

LKmommy

Yes. I don't think Rush Limbaugh believes a word he says. I think he says whatever will keep people listening. And he's found his audience. So he gives them what they want. I think the same is true of most of these media blowhards.

Ole Rush has good taste in music :chuckle:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Here is the last part of the Hal Linsey information.
"Now, our Vice-President and President have come out, in the same week, with statements of unqualified support of same-sex marriage. So, the wall of protection around Biblical marriage has officially been breached. And, I predict that we will be overrun in the years ahead with the barbaric hoard of spin-off consequences in the lives of real people. The patience and tolerance of our Holy God has been stretched to the breaking point..."
The problem with that is that it makes gay marriage more important than slavery or abortion, neither of which called down any particular calamity. Beyond that is a more practical answer. If God would spare whole cities from destruction for the sake of a handful of His own then I don't see how our country can be in jeopardy with so many of the faithful present.

His judgment will be inescapable. God’s wrath against sin is built into the human system. We have never been here before as a nation.
True for many a generation of Americans. True when we sold humans and degraded them in ways savagely violative of God's ordinance. True when we put the unborn to death without justification.

God self evidently withholds judgment on nations for accountability among men. We will answer as we act.

MaryContrary

Hall of Fame
The problem with that is that it makes gay marriage more important than slavery or abortion, neither of which called down any particular calamity. Beyond that is a more practical answer. If God would spare whole cities from destruction for the sake of a handful of His own then I don't see how our country can be in jeopardy with so many of the faithful present.

True for many a generation of Americans. True when we sold humans and degraded them in ways savagely violative of God's ordinance. True when we put the unborn to death without justification.

God self evidently withholds judgment on nations for accountability among men. We will answer as we act.
I'll agree and add:

You don't the right thing because you're afraid God will punish you if you don't. What good is that to God?

You do the right thing because you love what is right and want to do that. That is what God values.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I'll agree and add:

You don't the right thing because you're afraid God will punish you if you don't. What good is that to God?

You do the right thing because you love what is right and want to do that. That is what God values.

Mary Contrary makes a theologically sound observation. :confused:

Arthur Brain

Here's one:

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...of-running-liberal-agenda-20110530-1fbl6.html

Sesame Street has previously been accused of being left wing. In 2009 an episode mocked Fox News. The segment showed the character of Oscar as a reporter for the Grouch News Network and had a viewer telling him: "From now on I am watching 'Pox' News. Now there is a trashy news show."

The Public Broadcasting Service ombudsman later said he "didn't know what was in the head of the producers" and that they should not tell people what to think "through the kids".​

POX news?!

:rotfl: