toldailytopic: What would the world be like if comic book Super Heros were real?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grit

All the ones in the actual comic books seem to be quite a lot of the time, even if they don't come right out and say it. Green Arrow is pretty open about his leftist ways, though.

:think: so... TOL would be a villain then?

The Berean

All the ones in the actual comic books seem to be quite a lot of the time, even if they don't come right out and say it. Green Arrow is pretty open about his leftist ways, though.

Is Bruce Wayne a liberal? I never got that vibe from the character.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Is Bruce Wayne a liberal? I never got that vibe from the character.

I doubt it (although as part of his public persona/facade he might pose as a leftist do-gooder). On the other hand big business has always enjoyed a cozy relationship with either party, the high enough you go on the food chain.

Certainly Batman is no leftie, but as Lighthouse pointed out depending on the writer it's hard to tell if Batman is the "true" identity of the man, or if Bruce Wayne is.

Flipper

Certainly Batman is no leftie, but as Lighthouse pointed out depending on the writer it's hard to tell if Batman is the "true" identity of the man, or if Bruce Wayne is.

WHAT IS THIS?

Batman is Bruce Wayne's true personality. C'mon!

His politics almost certainly hard-right/streak of libertarian, if you believe Frank Miller that is.

grit

Batman's my favourite. They say Batman is a Dark Knight, which I always took akin to "pitch black", sort of a double entendre with homophonic overtones for dramatic emphasis; where, like with certain magicians of bibliomancy, power of the name is perhaps the most important gizmo of all.

You have to watch those superheros with two first names very closely - one can never be sure...

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Batman, Superman, Spiderman, hey, they don't show any skin! You men have no problem, but women do not find them sexy. You men who grew up reading the comics now like to see some skin on women, and you know I am right. Why do you think girls turn off to comics much earlier then boyw, and men?

Let's face it, spiderman is plug ugly and batman looks like a duck-faced Huey in the comics. Superman is the only cute one, but men in tights:shocked: I would like to see him played by Steve Reeves and wearing trunks.:kiss:

grit

Well, if you don't mind expanding the colour palette, there's always the Silver Surfer and the Hulk. They're usually in briefs, and they're generally sensitive, caring types, and environmentally friendly.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Well, if you don't mind expanding the colour palette, there's always the Silver Surfer and the Hulk. They're usually in briefs, and they're generally sensitive, caring types, and environmentally friendly.

I do not know Silver Surfer. Hulk is ugly green, not attractive and he is only there a few seconds. Have you seen the Tarzan movies of the 1950s?

Also, I did not imply "they're generally sensitive, caring types, and environmentally friendly." You came to that assumption.

Status
Not open for further replies.