toldailytopic: What does the resurrection of Christ signify?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Do you know what that verse means?

It means exactly what it says.

"by a man came the resurrection of the dead"

You know what it doesn't say.

It does not say, "by God came the resurrection of the dead"

God's word is that simple and straightforward.

So how is it that the resurrection came by a man?

oatmeal
Some say that Christ is the second Adam. Some say that there are two federal heads, Adam and Jesus.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for April 7th, 2012 08:55 AM

toldailytopic: What does the resurrection of Christ signify?

jesus-christ-risen-0603.jpg
Abundant, eternal life.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I would agree.
There may be difficulty that you encounter with other competing beliefs.

Where there is truth, falsehood becomes evident. It can't be that everything is true (different things all being of equal value and right).

eameece

There may be difficulty that you encounter with other competing beliefs.

Where there is truth, falsehood becomes evident. It can't be that everything is true (different things all being of equal value and right).
The truth is the truth. Different scriptures, and different parts of scripture, may point to the truth in different ways. The truth isn't in the book; it stands on its own. There is no contradiction, except where we fall short in our own understanding. If I find truth from the Bible, it does not matter about contradictions.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The truth is the truth. Different scriptures, and different parts of scripture, may point to the truth in different ways. The truth isn't in the book; it stands on its own. There is no contradiction, except where we fall short in our own understanding. If I find truth from the Bible, it does not matter about contradictions.
1 John 4:6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

Gurucam

One might say that Jesus came in the flesh to offer himself as a sacrifice for the past sin of those people, in accordance with Moses' tradition. This was His crucifixion.

After His crucifixion, He rose to heaven to sit on the right side of God.

Then Jesus came a second time in His (regenerated) Spirit. That is then, God sent Him back in His Spirit. God sent the Spirit of Jesus into the heart or spirit of those under the law so that they might become adopted children of God (re. Galatians: 4 verses: 5 & 6).

Then it is confirmed that now (i.e. from then 2000 odd years ago and onwards) the Lord is that Spirit (re. 2 Corinthians: 3 verse: 17).

God sent Jesus, in His Spirit, into the heart or spirit of those under the law, for offering a path to salvation and deliverance to them. Jesus crucifixion did not do this.

Therefore the first time Jesus came (in a physical body) to suffer (as a sacrifice) for their past sins. The next time He came (in His Spirit) in glory for their salvation and deliverance, through a path where even when they transgress the law, the get no sin.

In order to achieve salvation and deliverance one must pickup this offer of the Spirit of Jesus which God sent into their hearts and be led into all their works by same (re. Romans: 8 verse: 14).

More precisely, in order to be saved and delivered, one must discern precisely what the Spirit of Jesus (which God sent into their hearts) has in mind for one to pray for, say and do within one's own heart or spirit and be led into All of one's works by this, in real time, all the time. (re. Romans: 8 verse: 26 & 27 and 14)

The distortion and denial of this Truth has been leading consistently, to many being called and few chosen.​

Last edited:

eameece

1 John 4:6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

Since the Bible is written in symbolism and parable, he that "hears the truth" is the one who can look beyond the words to the deeper meanings, not the ones who follow authority blindly, or claim that people who are not of my religion are not of God.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Since the Bible is written in symbolism and parable, he that "hears the truth" is the one who can look beyond the words to the deeper meanings, not the ones who follow authority blindly, or claim that people who are not of my religion are not of God.
It doesn't have to do with my religion, but in that my God is the true God, the God of truth. No other so called god can contribute any truth... only demonic lies. The exclusiveness of the message does not make it wrong (or right). The content must be in line with what God has said. We find much of what God has said in the Bible. Hearing the truth in truth involves following what God says... not just having deeper beliefs but doing something about the difference between God's standard in love and our actions that run contrary to God's. We must repent and put our faith in God. And the blood of Jesus His Son will cleanse us from all the filth of our sin.

Acts 11:18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

Shalom.

beloved57

The Resurrection of Christ signifies that all for whom Christ died, that is all for whom their offences were laid to His Charge, and because of them, He was delivered up, His Resurrection signified that those same ones He was deliver in Behalf, are Justified before God's Law and Justice ! Rom 4:25

25 who was delivered up because of our offenses, and was raised because of our justification.

eameece

It doesn't have to do with my religion, but in that my God is the true God, the God of truth. No other so called god can contribute any truth... only demonic lies. The exclusiveness of the message does not make it wrong (or right). The content must be in line with what God has said.

You are then, as I said, following authority blindly. According to your profile, you are a "Christian," so that is the "religion" you are talking about, and you are saying those not of your religion are not of God.

There is only one God, and that God is the same God in all religions.
We find much of what God has said in the Bible. Hearing the truth in truth involves following what God says... not just having deeper beliefs but doing something about the difference between God's standard in love and our actions that run contrary to God's. We must repent and put our faith in God. And the blood of Jesus His Son will cleanse us from all the filth of our sin.
Jesus said it's a matter of "our actions;" that was clear. There you are on the right track. I don't agree with the rest you said above.
Acts 11:18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

Shalom.
Just because the Bible supposedly says something, does not make it true. Nor does that fact, mean that there is not a lot of truth in the Bible.

The myth of sacrifice was appropriate for those times, in which animals and sometimes humans were sacrificed in hopes of propitiating a god. It is not appropriate for our times when we know such sacrifices have no relation to whether we sin or not. John goes on to say we have all sinned. We all have things to confess. That is what we need to do.

The blood of Christ is a symbol used in the eucharist (mass). Jesus said drink this wine; this is my blood. It is a symbol of the life of Christ, which we can partake of when we have faith in the divine guidance of God, not when we have faith in preachers who tell us what the Bible says. He shed his blood so that we might know immortality. This knowledge helps us to heal our sins (mistakes).

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You are then, as I said, following authority blindly. According to your profile, you are a "Christian," so that is the "religion" you are talking about, and you are saying those not of your religion are not of God.

There is only one God, and that God is the same God in all religions.

Jesus said it's a matter of "our actions;" that was clear. There you are on the right track. I don't agree with the rest you said above.

Just because the Bible supposedly says something, does not make it true. Nor does that fact, mean that there is not a lot of truth in the Bible.

The myth of sacrifice was appropriate for those times, in which animals and sometimes humans were sacrificed in hopes of propitiating a god. It is not appropriate for our times when we know such sacrifices have no relation to whether we sin or not. John goes on to say we have all sinned. We all have things to confess. That is what we need to do.

The blood of Christ is a symbol used in the eucharist (mass). Jesus said drink this wine; this is my blood. It is a symbol of the life of Christ, which we can partake of when we have faith in the divine guidance of God, not when we have faith in preachers who tell us what the Bible says. He shed his blood so that we might know immortality. This knowledge helps us to heal our sins (mistakes).
I don't believe in human sacrifice. My God does not deal with us that way.

1 John 2:21 I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.

1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

1 John 2:23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: [(but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also].

eameece

I don't believe in human sacrifice. My God does not deal with us that way.
The idea that "Jesus was sacrificed for us" is what, then?
1 John 2:21 I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.

1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

1 John 2:23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: [(but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also].
We are each the Son, and no less divine and spiritual than Jesus, though not as realized as Him.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The idea that "Jesus was sacrificed for us" is what, then?
Which scripture are you looking at? Do you believe Jesus was sacrificed by some people or someone?
We are each the Son, and no less divine and spiritual than Jesus, though not as realized as Him.
Jesus is my Lord, and the servant is neither greater than the master nor equal to the master.