toldailytopic: What are some of your favorite verses in the Bible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

toldailytopic: What are some of your favorite verses in the Bible?

I would be very remiss if I did also add these verses to my "Favorites" list.

John 1:29
The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, "Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!"

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

John 5:24
Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.

John 10:9-10
9 I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. 10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

John 10:28
And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.

1 John 4:9-10
9 In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him. 10 In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Romans 4:25 KJV Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

Romans 5:6 KJV For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

Romans 5:10 KJV For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Romans 1:16 KJV For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, 14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Colossians 2:9-10 KJV For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. 10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

2 Corinthians 5:17-19 KJV Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. 18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; 19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Ephesians 4:4-6 KJV There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; 5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Philippians 3:20-21 KJV For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: 21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

Colossians 3:2 KJV Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

1 Thessalonians 4:16-18 KJV For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Ps82

Hi serpentdove,
You expressed:

I appreciate that you read my selected favorite verses ... but I am not sure why you expressed embarrassment of them...???

I guess I am curious enough to want to know what you found offensive about them.

Last edited:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Hi serpentdove,
You expressed:

I appreciate that you read my selected favorite verses ... but I am not sure why you expressed embarrassment of them...???

I guess I am curious enough to want to know what you found offensive about them.

No, no. That's my :eek: ever so big happy face of love and joy. :D I love this entire thread--except for the Mormon. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Ps82

Thanks Serpentdove. Well, great, I thought you meant what the icon expresses when it is highlighted.

sdgareth

Favourite Verses

Psa_116:6
The LORD protects those of childlike faith; I was facing death, and He saved me.

Pro_27:6
Wounds from a sincere friend are better than many kisses from an enemy.

Mal_2:16
"For I hate divorce!" says the LORD, the God of Israel. "To divorce your wife is to overwhelm her with cruelty, " says the LORD of Heaven's Armies. "So guard your heart; do not be unfaithful to your wife."

Mic_6:8
No, O people, the LORD has told you what is good, and this is what He requires of you: to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

1Co_13:4
Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud

Col_3:19
Husbands, love your wives and never treat them harshly.

Joh_15:4
Remain in Me, and I will remain in you. For a branch cannot produce fruit if it is severed from the vine, and you cannot be fruitful unless you remain in Me.

Psa_17:6
I am praying to You because I know You will answer, O God. Bend down and listen as I pray.

Joh_20:29
Then Jesus told him, "You believe because you have seen Me. Blessed are those who believe without seeing Me."

1Th_5:23
Now may the God of peace make you holy in every way, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless until our Lord Jesus Christ comes again.

Rom_2:15
They demonstrate that God's law is written in their hearts, for their own conscience and thoughts either accuse them or tell them they are doing right.

Deu_6:2
and you and your children and grandchildren must fear the LORD your God as long as you live. If you obey all His decrees and commands, you will enjoy a long life.

Job_29:5
The Almighty was still with me, and my children were around me.

Psa_78:4
We will not hide these truths from our children; we will tell the next generation about the glorious deeds of the LORD, about His power and His mighty wonders.

Psa_103:17
But the love of the LORD remains forever with those who fear Him. His salvation extends to the children's children

Psa_127:3
Children are a gift from the LORD; they are a reward from Him.
mighty wonders.

Psa_127:4
Children born to a young man are like arrows in a warrior's hands.

Pro_8:32
"And so, my children, listen to me, for all who follow my ways are joyful.

Mal_2:10
Are we not all children of the same Father? Are we not all created by the same God? Then why do we betray each other, violating the covenant of our ancestors?

Mal_2:15
Didn't the LORD make you one with your wife? In body and spirit you are His. And what does He want? Godly children from your union. So guard your heart; remain loyal to the wife of your youth.

Mat_7:11
So if you sinful people know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give good gifts to those who ask Him.

Mar_10:24
This amazed them. But Jesus said again, "Dear children, it is very hard to enter the Kingdom of God.

Luk_6:35
"Love your enemies! Do good to them. Lend to them without expecting to be repaid. Then your reward from heaven will be very great, and you will truly be acting as children of the Most High, for He is kind to those who are unthankful and wicked.

Mar_11:25
But when you are praying, first forgive anyone you are holding a grudge against, so that your Father in heaven will forgive your sins, too. " kind to those who are unthankful and wicked.

Joh_1:12
But to all who believed Him and accepted Him, He gave the right to become children of God.

1Co_7:14
For the Christian wife brings holiness to her marriage, and the Christian husband brings holiness to his marriage. Otherwise, your children would not be holy, but now they are holy.

Heb_2:13
He also said, "I will put My trust in Him," that is, "I and the children God has given Me."

Mat_9:13
Then He added, "Now go and learn the meaning of this Scripture:
'I want you to show mercy, not offer sacrifices.' For I have come to call not those who think they are righteous, but those who know they are sinners."

Luk_6:37
"Do not judge others, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn others, or it will all come back against you. Forgive others, and you will be forgiven.

Mat_20:26
But among you it will be different. Whoever wants to be a leader among you must be your servant,

Heb_4:12
For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires.

Heb_11:1
Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.

Rom_8:1
So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus.

Act 3:19
Now repent of your sins and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped away.

Mar_11:25
But when you are praying, first forgive anyone you are holding a grudge against, so that your Father in heaven will forgive your sins, too. "

Mat_22:37
Jesus replied, "'You must love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.'

Mat_23:12
But those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.

Mat_25:29
To those who use well what they are given, even more will be given, and they will have an abundance. But from those who do nothing, even what little they have will be taken away.

Rom_1:12
When we get together, I want to encourage you in your faith, but I also want to be encouraged by yours.

Rom_2:15
They demonstrate that God's law is written in their hearts, for their own conscience and thoughts either accuse them or tell them they are doing right.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Good News: Romans 3:23; 6:23; 8:1; 10:9; 10:13

Romans 3:23
for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 8:1
There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.

Romans 10:9
that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

Romans 10:13
For "whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved."

AMR

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ephesians 4:29-32 is a verse that is really speaking to me right now.

Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.

Good verse. :)

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Here are some of my favorite morning Scripture verse couplings with prayer.

Psalm 25:1
To You, O LORD, I lift up my soul.

Psalm 9:1-2
1 I will praise You, O LORD, with my whole heart;
I will tell of all Your marvelous works.

2 I will be glad and rejoice in You;
I will sing praise to Your name, O Most High.

Hebrews 4:14
Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens,
Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession.

Hebrews 4:16
Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace,
that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

Hebrews 10:23
Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering,
for He who promised is faithful.

Hebrews 12:1-3
1 Therefore we also,
since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses,
let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us,
and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,

2 looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith,
who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame,
and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

3 For consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Himself,
lest you become weary and discouraged in your souls.

Status
Not open for further replies.