toldailytopic: What are some of your favorite verses in the Bible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for May 13th, 2010 11:51 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Seydlitz77

Wow tough call there are so many good verses. :think:

I would have to say though that Revelation 3:20 and Hebrews 11:6 are at the top of the list.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Job 19:25-27 said:
For I know that my Redeemer liveth, and in the last day I shall rise out of the earth. 26 And I shall be clothed again with my skin, and in my flesh I will see my God. 27 Whom I myself shall see, and my eyes shall behold, and not another: this my hope is laid up in my bosom.

John 6:40 said:
And this is the will of my Father that sent me: that every one who seeth the Son, and believeth in him, may have life everlasting, and I will raise him up in the last day.

Revelations 21:4 said:
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes: and death shall be no more, nor mourning, nor crying, nor sorrow shall be any more, for the former things are passed away.

1 Corinthians 54-55 said:
And when this mortal hath put on immortality, then shall come to pass the saying that is written: Death is swallowed up in victory. 55 O death, where is thy victory? O death, where is thy sting?

The verses about personal immortality have a very special meaning for me. "O Death, thou shalt die!"

Last edited:

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
For he hath made Him to be sin for us, Who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him. 2 Cor. 5:21

Son of Jack

Lately I've been thinking a lot about Galatians 5:1, especially when coupled with Galatians 5:13-15.

Also love 2 Corinthians 4:16-17.

I especially like both those passages in the ESV.

Last edited:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Psalm 100:3 Know that the LORD Himself is God; It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves; We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.

Selaphiel

Genesis 17:17 I find comfort in that Abraham basically :rotfl: at the content of the promise made to him and got away with it. :D

Micah 6:8

Luke 6:27-31

John 13:34-35

Gal 3:28

1 Cor 15:55

Col 2:14-15

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Genesis 17:17 I find comfort in that Abraham basically :rotfl: at the content of the promise made to him and got away with it. :D

To be honest, I think that verse is kinda creepy. :noid:

A 90 year old woman? Ew! What's even creepier is that he slept with the servant. What self-respecting woman has sex with a 100 year old man?

Ew! Ew! Ew!

bybee

Some favorites

Some favorites

To be honest, I think that verse is kinda creepy. :noid:

A 90 year old woman? Ew! What's even creepier is that he slept with the servant. What self-respecting woman has sex with a 100 year old man?

Ew! Ew! Ew!

Psalm 8. Especially verse 4 "What is man, that thou art mindful of him?" It shows me that we matter to God.
John 3:16, "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. And "For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved."
This is a great thread! peace, bybee

bybee

My goodness

My goodness

The verses about personal immortality have a very special meaning for me. "O death, thou shalt die!"

You do appear to be suffering from a form of "gerontological phobia. I imagine that you will fall apart when you see your first grey hair! Blessings, bybee

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
You do appear to be suffering from a form of "gerontological phobia. I imagine that you will fall apart when you see your first grey hair! Blessings, bybee

Have you seen the movie Wild Strawberries? It's a black and white Swedish film from the late 1950's. There's a great line in there: "Every man is horrified at the prospect of his own death."

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

These are the verses that I remember really well, and put them in a small booklet form to carry around and give away.

Deuteronomy 33:27

Psalm 1:1-6, 23:1-6, 25:1, 42:11, 100:1-5, 103:1-5, 118:1, 118:5, 120:1, 121:1-8, 139:17-18

Isaiah 40:31

Jeremiah 17:7-8, 31:3

Lamentations 3:22-23

Jonah 2:7

John 14:1-3, 14:6

Romans 10:8-13

1 Corinthians 15:50-58

2 Corinthians 1:3-4, 4:16-18, 1:10

Colossians 2:14

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18

2 Timothy 4:17

Hebrews 4:12, 4:16, 12:1-3, 13:5 (Deuteronomy 31:6, 31:8, Joshua 1:5)

Hebrews 13:8

Revelation 21:1-6, 22:20-21

Last edited:

Ps82

Psalms 82:8 God is the promised ONE to come
Isaiah 43:11 God as LORD is the promised Savior
Exodus 24:9 Lord God appeared with HIS heavenly body and was seen.
Exodus 24:10
Exodus 24:11
Exodus 24:12
Exodus 34:5-6 The Lord revealed himself visually to Moses and introduced himself by NAME.
John 1:18 No one had ever before seen the presence of the LORD God manifested in mortal flesh as God, the Son... but John the B revealed his arrival.
Colossians 1:14-15 Lord Jesus, the divine Son, was manifested and appeared as the image belonging to LORD God having the essence of mortal flesh in order to die as our divine savior.

This takes us back to Isaiah 43:11 God as LORD is the ONLY savior.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Psalm 58:10

Ephesians 2:8-9

Because I know he will not hold my inability to be righteous against me.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Psalm 58:10

Ephesians 2:8-9

Because I know he will not hold my inability to be righteous against me.

Evangelicals are in bad faith. You are alone. You are without excuse. You have no God, no ideals, no a priori standards to which you can turn for guidance. There are no cultural/natural factors which can determine you. God threw you into the world, and you have been abandoned in it. Embrace your freedom. You have no inabilities, precisely because you are nothing, and therefore nothing can restrict you. :nono:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Knight said:

"The righteous shall rejoice when he sees the vengeance; He shall wash his feet in the blood of the wicked." Psalm 58:10

"You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You." Isaiah 26:3

Status
Not open for further replies.