toldailytopic: Theistic evolution: best arguments for, or against.

Sum1sGruj

BANNED
Banned
It's that "let there be light" thing. Lots of light just about then.

Yeah, they say when a nuclear bomb goes off, there is a searing flash of light.
God was surely true to His Word when He said "Let there be light". The understatement of all history, really :D

The thing that gets me about atheists is that they can't appreciate the iconic way in which God made all of existence. Nothing quite does it justice like BOOOOOOOOM!!! _reality

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What do you mean? Sum just makes stuff up to fit his understanding of what happened. Its nuts, just as nuts as a literal reading.

Historical narrative. Allegory and metaphor is a valid part of descriptive writing in historical texts.

Try to understand what it is you are so determined must not be true. :thumb:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Expansion of the singularity, I know. It's still the same idea though., just as majestic and God-worthy.

What could be more majestic or more elegant than a universe which unfolds as this one did? What could be a greater demonstration of His power and wisdom?

No mere designer could do that.

Sum1sGruj

BANNED
Banned
What could be more majestic or more elegant than a universe which unfolds as this one did? What could be a greater demonstration of His power and wisdom?

No mere designer could do that.

Wanna something funny? Theologians came up with the Big Bang theory, and atheists wished it away. Then Christians used to argue uniformity to contend against the atheistic notion of order from chaos. But then Hawking further demonstrates uniformity of the universe, and now atheists just presume that uniformity is just the natural way of reality. How funny, indeed.

I don't know why I am just now bridging that connection :chuckle:

eameece

God did a marvellous work when he said let there be light, and the so-called big bang happened. Now the theory is that it has happened many times before. If God could do it once, why not again and again? And why just 17 billion years ago? Since time is eternity, why not creation throughout the process, not just "in the beginning?" Why not creation through evolution? Why not creation in everything we humans are doing and saying at this moment?